What kind of HDTV do you have ?

goukill1120

CAGiversary!
I'm in the market for a HDTV and I thought it'd be helpful to see what televisions the CAG community have, to aid me in my research.

42" 720p LG LCD.

Keep in mind you can't enjoy a PS3 unless you've got a 1080p TV. So sayeth The Mana Knight, so sayeth The Lord.

[quote name='goukill1120']I'm in the market for a HDTV and I thought it'd be helpful to see what televisions the CAG community have, to aid me in my research.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 LCD HDTV's ATM.

My first one was a 37" Magnavox 37MF337 720p. Very Very Very Nice TV. Rated high in Consumer Reports when I bought it 2 years back and was worth every penny

Just upgraded to a 40" Samsung A540 1080p. Very Very Very Nice TV as well. Spent about 950.00 on it new and it's worth every penny so far.

I say if you are in the market for an HDTV, I say you should go with Samsung or Sony for LCD's or Panasonic, Samsung, or Pioneer for Plasma's

[quote name='JJSP']42" 720p LG LCD.

Keep in mind you can't enjoy a PS3 unless you've got a 1080p TV. So sayeth The Mana Knight, so sayeth The Lord.[/QUOTE]

Agreed if you have a PS3 make sure you get a 1080p TV or you will enjoy the PS3 at all.

I currently have my all my systems set up on a 22" Samsung in my bedroom. Good for smaller gaming nooks.

Of course, there was a 60" DLP in this house but my brother had to move out and take it with him. Prick.

Had a 56" DLP & 30" CRT for a while. Started using my 24" LCD computer monitor more than anything else (1920x1200 is hot) so I sold the DLP. Kept the CRT but hardly use it.

If you've got the space, I'd recommend either a CRT or DLP, depending on the screen size you want.

46" Samsung LN46A750. fucking AWESOME tv. Has a nice speaker on it too, which is fairly important, since most folks don't use a reciever at all times. That's pretty much the sign of a good TV, if they bother to put in a nice speaker they most likely went all out for the rest of it. Black levels are important and this TV can get a great inky black, especially if you turn Dynamic Contrast on Low.

Got mine for $1650 on Amazon. No tax, free shipping. Saved $500+ as opposed to buying it from BB or CC and getting a deal from them.

Originally I had a 22" Samsung, but I just recently got a 37" 1080p Sharp Aquos because it was on sale/clearance from Dell for a good price. I feel it's a bit too big though, but it's nice.

I have a 32-inch and 19-inch Samsung HDTV. I highly recommend Samsung. In fact, I'm looking for a new HDTV, and it will probably be a Samsung. :oops:

42" insignia 1080p lcd (it doesnt display SDas nicely as id like I hate the menus and lack of options but HD content looks very good)
32" westinghouse 720p lcd (extremely happy with this lcd)
22" monitor (its a monitor works well)

i think im going to buy another set either a 46-50" for the living room or a 26" for the kitchen.
Im going to buy a nicer set if i replace the living room lcd

Living room:

Samsung HL-S5687W 56" 1080p DLP ... i LOVE this tv

Bedroom:

Westinghouse SK-32H240S 32" 720p LCD ....fantastic tv for the price I paid

42" Panasonic Plasma

I don't remember the model number. I got it during the summer of 2007. It can do 1080p via HDMI but not through component. Overall the only complaint I have is that it only has 2 component inputs. I'd love to have at least 2 more. Once this one dies (assuming it's many moons from now), I can see myself getting another Panasonic Plasma.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']21" CRT Monitor - Viewsonic P810. It can easily do 1080p (and significantly higher) over VGA.[/QUOTE]

Actually.. it looks like it only does 1600x1200, so it's somewhere between 720p and 1080p for 16:9 content...

samsung ln52a630 has a matte screen which cuts down on glare as opposed to glossy screen great if you have big windows that would affect viewing. No lag on gaming that I have noticed. 360 looks fantastic on this, as does netflix.
Purchased from Ama*on using goldbox and AMEX wishlist brought it down to a manageable price.

42" Sharp Aquos LCD 1080p in the living room. Will be moving it to the bedroom when I get myself something in the 65" range. It will replace the 26" Westinghouse LCD that is currently in the bedroom.

[quote name='Malik112099']
Samsung HL-S5687W 56" 1080p DLP ... i LOVE this tv
[/QUOTE]
Exact same TV here, and yeah it's great. I'm just not looking forward to getting a new bulb... it's a little overdue now.

In my living room I got a 42" Maxent Plasma that I got at a low ass price two years ago. Good thing it was cheap because I don't like its performance much.

I got another HDTV when I found out I was gonna be stuck in Korea away from the family for a year. It's a 32" inch HCT LCD tv. I love this TV and I will never buy another Plasma screen. It doesn't blur nearly as much as my plasma

IMG_0195.jpg

Philips 47PFL7422 47" PixelPlus 1080p LCD HDTV

[quote name='crunchb3rry']46" Samsung LN46A750. fucking AWESOME tv. Has a nice speaker on it too, which is fairly important, since most folks don't use a reciever at all times. That's pretty much the sign of a good TV, if they bother to put in a nice speaker they most likely went all out for the rest of it. Black levels are important and this TV can get a great inky black, especially if you turn Dynamic Contrast on Low.

Got mine for $1650 on Amazon. No tax, free shipping. Saved $500+ as opposed to buying it from BB or CC and getting a deal from them.[/quote]

ditto, except I paid more (probably because of buying a little earlier).

All I have to add is that the A650 should have the same picture quality with a lesser speaker, for a little less money.

46" Samsung 1080P LCD - Got last Black Friday at Circuit City for $1099 - Very nice TV

32" LG 720 LCD - Bought it the last week of 2007 at Circuit City for $725 -A nice TV for its size

32" Phillips 720 bought before the Super Bowl in 06

26" Maxent bought in 05

Both still work even the Maxent can't be used for gaming or sports for more than an hour at a time.

32" Vizio Plasma bought early 2008. Worth every Penny so far. If this TV lasts me five years I'll buy another Vizio down the road.

Also in the market for a 19-21 inch TV but not sure what I'm getting yet.

32" 720p LCD Element that goes to 1080p video playback in HDMI and Component. Got it in July 2008 $500

19" 720p LCD Element that does the same as the 32. Had this one since Memorial Day 2007 $220

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back