What kind of smartphone deals are normally around on Black Friday?

Ginger Junk

Banned
I'm in the market for a new smartphone.  I'm not in a hurry so I can wait until Black Friday if it means getting a really good deal.  The only catch is it needs to be compatible with T-Mobile.

I'm considering the Galaxy S5 or the iPhone 6.  Walmart currently has the S5 for $675.  If I wait until Black Friday, do you think I could save big?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking to buy an unlocked phone you aren't looking to save big on the iPhone. The galaxy maybe. But normally the deals are gift card deals and for a subsidized phones.

It seems to me that apple products don't often go on sale. They have no need to lower prices for customers to buy them. You may score an older generation iPhone if in fact the 6 comes out. Hope this helps

Hopefully I'm not reading too old of a thread here, but I have relevant info.

Last year (2013) Cricket put all Android smartphones on sale for 50% off -this included even the (at the time) just released Cricket-enabled Galaxy S4. If I'm not mistaken, Boost Mobile and/or MetroPCS did something similar too.

I've been looking out for a similar deal, since Cricket basically screwed me over a few months later by announcing that my brand new phone would get less than two years of service before they cut off support of the model completely. (Switching to GSM from CDMA with no transition deals for current customers seems like a great way to lose your customer base, but At&t has made similar mistakes when purchasing other cell providers in the past)

Anywho, I've seen "deals" for some of the more major providers show up in ads like Walmart for black Friday, so I would check there. They seem to all be pretty basic contract renewal deals though, nothing too special tbh.

Personally, I'm looking into a switch to MetroPCS: They operate on T-Mobile's network, but for $70/month I can get truly unlimited 4g(I believe LTE too if I'm not mistaken). Users have been testing it for more than a year, and are getting well into the hundreds of gb without being slowed down...

I can wholeheartedly recommend the LG Tribute. It's available for $40 without a contract from Sprint and it's got a lot of the bells and whistles of a more expensive phone.

You might be able to get an S5 for under $600, but I'm guessing not by much and that's only because the phone will be a couple weeks older. Better to wait for a price that you're comfortable with cause prices will always be dropping.

the S5 will be on sale at target (already got mine reserved) but Im getting it for at&t, not sure if the special is for any mobile company

I can wholeheartedly recommend the LG Tribute. It's available for $40 without a contract from Sprint and it's got a lot of the bells and whistles of a more expensive phone.
I'm really tempted by this one. Its only $39.99 right now, which seems right up my alley. I'm also tempted to wait and see if there's a nice deal on the LG Volt, but everyone seems to be selling it for $99.99, which is well outside what I'll pay for a phone.

bread's done
Back