What kind of sound system do you use for gaming?

bignick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So what do you guys use when you play your games? TV only? Multimedia speakers? Home Theater? Awesome Home Theater?

I dont think I could handle playing games with TV sound alone anymore. I love feeling the bass from my Paradigm PS1000 Sub!!! Having surround sounds totaly changes the game play. You can hear the enemy creeping up behind you. I love it!

I rock a:

Marantz SR-780
B&W Matrix 805 Fronts
Paradigm PS1000 Sub
Cambridge Soundworks Centerstage Center Channel
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Surround
Audioquest Interconnects
27" JVC TV

If I want to get real crazy, I bring out my Marantz PM7000 Hook that up to my SR780 thru the pre outs and bring in my NHT 1.1s.

hows this:

$600 sony 5.1 surround sound reciever, with enough inputs to hookup bith ps2 and x-box in component, and the rest of my systems in s-video. add to that personalized electronic tags for every component.

$450 Harmon Kardon 5.1 speakers, with a bass bigger that my old 13 inch tv. sucker shakes windows at low volumes.

over $1000 of av equipment, bought solely by me (im 16 with no job), and i got it for less than 500 shipped. all new. and a 27 inch tv i got for my birthday. all of that, in my room.

[/envy shield]

[quote name='thecolonel2323']Pioneer 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround 400w[/quote]

Nice, do you have an xbox, if so do you use the optical connection with the advancede av pack? Sounds even beter!

Pioneer D912K, 6.1/7.1matrixed
Energy 5.1 speakers for FR/FL/C/SW/RL/RR
Energy bi-directional (I forget the model) for SL/SR
+
Toshiba 27" FST

JVC RX-5020V Receiver
5.1 Surround (600w (100 per chan))

atm, a weak 25" sanyo tv (probably getting a nice 32" flat CRT Samsung soon)

I only have a 750 watt stereo hooked up to my consoles as of now. I'm in the market for an affordable 5.1 system. I only have a 20" flat screen sanyo right now, but also in the market for an HDTV soon.

[quote name='st0neface']I only have a 750 watt stereo hooked up to my consoles as of now. I'm in the market for an affordable 5.1 system. I only have a 20" flat screen sanyo right now, but also in the market for an HDTV soon.[/quote]

Is everything settled now with HDTV? I remember last year they still didnt have their act together....... I want one too! I stayed at my uncles for a week and he has a 63" 16:9 HDTV and it kickd so much ass. Especially when the xbox was hooked up to it.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna go for an HD, since I want one with a reasonable (for HDTVs) price, and doesn't burn images on, as I really want to play some xbox, and to a lesser extent, gc in 480p.

i have a sony 5.1 600w surround with a 57 inch widescreen high def tv (also sony). basically everythings hooked up with monstor cables, component where possible.... basically everything in my home theatre setups sony, i dont know how but it just sorta happened.

[quote name='st0neface']I'm not sure how I'm gonna go for an HD, since I want one with a reasonable (for HDTVs) price, and doesn't burn images on, as I really want to play some xbox, and to a lesser extent, gc in 480p.[/quote]

i used to b afraid of the samething, images burning on to the screen. but thats not a prob with hdtv's it supposedly happens with all projection tv's. anyway ive never had a prob with images burning on, especially since sometimes i have left the game on paused for like an hour accidently. it probally doesent happen unless u leave it there paused for like a day.

a yamaha digi receiver yamaha speakers and sub.
I am very very pleased, and yea I cant believe how huge a difference it makes with games. I play at my brithers with only the tv sound an dit feels so empty.

My house almost burned down in the so cal forest fires last year, the only thing I was thinking of was missing that set-up.

[quote name='goldengraham']Yeah, I've got a TV only... :(

(just imainging a nice setup for my future house)[/quote]

Gotta start some where. Thats all I started with. Even if you get a $100 all in one package, you will be amazed at the diffrence.

[quote name='BigNick']So what do you guys use when you play your games? TV only? Multimedia speakers? Home Theater? Awesome Home Theater?

I dont think I could handle playing games with TV sound alone anymore. I love feeling the bass from my Paradigm PS1000 Sub!!! Having surround sounds totaly changes the game play. You can hear the enemy creeping up behind you. I love it!

I rock a:

Marantz SR-780
B&W Matrix 805 Fronts
Paradigm PS1000 Sub
Audioquest Interconnects
27" JVC TV

If I want to get real crazy, I bring out my Marantz PM7000 Hook that up to my SR780 thru the pre outs and bring in my NHT 1.1s.[/quote]

We have the same receiver. I have a Marantz SR780, Boston Acoustics Micro 90s in the front, and VRS Micros in the back, 8" BA subwoofer (it's the Boston Acoustics System 9000 package). All hooked up to my glorious Panasonic PT50LC13 (50" LCD RPTV). Gaming bliss. I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and receiver, but my next step will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k so I'm holding off for now.

[quote name='BigBen'][quote name='BigNick']So what do you guys use when you play your games? TV only? Multimedia speakers? Home Theater? Awesome Home Theater?

I rock a:

Marantz SR-780
B&W Matrix 805 Fronts
Paradigm PS1000 Sub
Audioquest Interconnects
27" JVC TV

If I want to get real crazy, I bring out my Marantz PM7000 Hook that up to my SR780 thru the pre outs and bring in my NHT 1.1s.[/quote]

We have the same receiver. I have a Marantz SR780, Boston Acoustics Micro 90s in the front, and VRS Micros in the back, 8" BA subwoofer (it's the Boston Acoustics System 9000 package). All hooked up to my glorious Panasonic PT50LC13 (50" LCD RPTV). Gaming bliss. I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and receiver, but my next step will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k so I'm holding off for now.[/quote]

Ya Im at the same point. To upgrade frome what I have would cost some serious money. I remember dropping $1200 on the receiver when it first came out. I LOVE the remote. The RC2000 MK II. My next setup will me pre amp with a few amps. Im really leaning toward JM Labs speakers, but these B&W Matrix 805's rule!

All my stuff is older than my sound system, so I can't hook it up! Anyone know how to hook up an old tv to a new sound system? Right now I'm just using the TV speaker.

[quote name='Syncmaster']All my stuff is older than my sound system, so I can't hook it up! Anyone know how to hook up an old tv to a new sound system? Right now I'm just using the TV speaker.[/quote]

What input does your tv have? Only the "Coax" input im assuming. Does your stereo have audio video inputs? If so, you can hook everythiong up to your stereo, then buy a rf modulator to hook up the vedio out from your stereo to the tv.

[quote name='Syncmaster']Nope, coax to the tv, only audio into the soundsystem...[/quote]

hmmm. Well, you could still get the rf modulator for video. What about this. Get the rf modulator. Run video to that, then sound to your stereo.

The rf modulator changes the video rca cable to coax cable. Take the xbox for example. You had three cables, yellow(video) White(Left Audio) Red(Right Audio) You would hook the yellow to the rf modulator then your tv, then the white and red to your stereo.

TV speakers for my N64, NES, and Genesis
Koss headphones or built in speaker for GBA and GBC
Speakers that came with my PC

I'm not picky...although I wouldn't have a problem with upgrading once I get some more money. :D

bread's done
Back