What kind of TV to go with a Wii?

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!
I recently picked up a Wii (still waiting on delivery actually) and am wondering what sort of tv goes best with it (DLP, Plasma, LCD) in peoples experience?

I currently have a 32" lcd, but wonder if that is the best choice. CRT is out, even if that is best I am done lugging those heavy things around, what type would be next, and what brand would you recommend?

It honestly doesn't matter with a Wii, the highest res you will ever get out of it is 480p *if you go and get component cables*. Use whatever tv that you have around already, as there is no point in buying something fancy for that system...

[quote name='Sycowulf']It honestly doesn't matter with a Wii, the highest res you will ever get out of it is 480p *if you go and get component cables*. Use whatever tv that you have around already, as there is no point in buying something fancy for that system...[/QUOTE]

No kidding... Skyward Sword is the best looking Wii game but it's a complete eyesore if you're used to gaming with other current gen consoles on HDTVs. If the Wii was HD, it would greatly help things.

Of course, if you do have a powerful computer... you could easily run Wii games off of Dolphin Emulator on to your TV, which makes Wii games look fantastic.

A 90's flat screen tube tv . I'm serious. Wii looks horrible on my hdtv I have it hooked up to my old tv with my ps2.

If your planing on getting a ps3 or 360 down the road than get a 1080p 120hrz lcd or led. If your going to stay only on Wii just keep using your current lcd.

The Wii looks fine on my 32 inch HDTV. Just make sure you get a set of component cables, they are available at monoprice for cheap.

It will also look fine on a CRT TV, but you said you didn't want to get another. If you had to I bet you can get one for free just about anywhere after this Xmas season. Insane CRT dumping is in full force where live.

Though after experiences with both HDTV's reign supreme, the fact that my HDTV has no glare while my CRT has a lot of glare is worth the difference alone. I am not sure why I have suddenly become so sensitive to TV glare or perhaps my CRT is aging or losing its color therefore I see more glare than I used to, it was never a problem before. I am even willing to play original Xbox games on either my original Xbox or Xbox 360 on the HDTV even though they are shown in a square with lots of black border in order to avoid the glare.

You can really use any type of TV for a Wii, I wouldn't go buying something special for it though unless you are getting a CRT for free, but its definitely not necessary just to bring in a CRT to play a Wii. However if you have older consoles, keep a CRT around.

bread's done
Back