What N64 games should I get?

dropbearGSH

CAGiversary!
I just got a 64 for free and I'm looking for suggestions on what games I should pick up. I have Mariokart and I am going to get Smash Bros., Goldeneye, the Zeldas, and Mario 64.

If you're into wrestling at least a little, you can't go wrong with either WWF WrestleMania 2000 or it's successor No Mercy. They're arguably the greatest wrestling games ever made and just straight up fun to play. Plus, even if you don't like wrestling, you can go in and customize all the wrestlers into other people by changing their wardrobe and looks.

Perfect Dark is good, as are the Snowboard Kids games.

Depends, for collecting purposes (games that are rare/worth a lot) or for playing purposes (Games that are fun)

Though some games are both

A few of my favorites:

Jet Force Jemini - shoot the crap out of bug aliens using rocket launchers/machine guns/etc
Banjo Kazooie - platforming at it's finest (it rivals Mario 64 imo)

Star Fox.
Blast Corps.
WCW Revenge. (Or if you like wrestling games enough VPW2, better then any of the American versions)
Pilot Wings 64.

Well you are in luck; RarityGuide.com has just published a Nintendo 64 Rarity List and Price Guide

I hope that will help you finding games.

From a collector's point of view, I would recommend picking up any game of rarity over 40%. And when you are in thrift shops/flea markets and such, definetly keep an eye for those games that are over 60% and snatch them if you spot any for cheap.

I would say:

Banjo-Kazooie (one of my all time favorites)
Donkey Kong 64
Paper Mario (another all time favorite)
WWF No Mercy (I thought it was a LOT better than Wrestlemania 2000)

Hmm, I don't really remember what else I played besides Gauntlet and the Zeldas, but I hear great things about Conker's Bad Fur day. I still haven't played the copy I bought off ebay last year.

Golden Eye 007, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Body Harvest, WWF No Mercy,
I forget what else. I'll get back to you

For shooting games, you can't go wrong with Turok 1 or 2 (never played 3), Duke Nukem 64 or Zero Hour and Doom 64. As stated above, Perfect Dark

I remember having a lot of fun with Pilotwings and Waveracer. Neither of them are classics, but there still aren't alot of freefalling/sky diving games out there. And Mario 64 of course. Collect all 100 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have 4 controllers and will play multiplayer I recommend Duke Nukem 64. My brother and I had a blast. What other game can you chase your little brother, flying over his head with a jetpack, spraying double uzi fire down on him? Of course, he's leaving laser trip mines...

Classic games yet to be mentioned:

San Francisco Rush 2049 (although the Dreamcast version is better)
Bangaioh (import-only)
Sin and Punishment (import-only)
Ogre Battle 64
Beetle Adventure Racing
Wipeout 64
BattleTanks Global Assault
Excitebike 64
F-Zero X
Goemon's Great Adventure

bread's done
Back