What number console are you on? 3RLOD

I'm on either my 5th or 6th, I can't remember. I've been a 360 owner since its launch, so my console breaks down roughly every six months or so.

Awesome.

[quote name='imamario02']Guess I'm lucky, I've had it since launch and only have had it break three times....[/QUOTE]
I love how that's considered lucky lol.

5th here.

After the third I sent in, they sent me a brand new unit (at the time, chip before Falcon) so I dropped it on Craigslist since the warranty window was expiring and bought an Arcade unit (Falcon, IIRC) to get the 3 new years on the warranty. It's been about 6 months though, so I give it 3 more months before I'm on to unit #6.

Well......can't really help it but before I learned to really fix them good I had about 3 break or so. Now I just fix them myself.

I'm on my second. I still haven't sent my Elite in yet. I bought a Pro when my Elite failed in June (it lasted 13 months). I figured I might as well have two. I'll send my Elite in soon though.

I'm on my 4th one. First one I had lasted 6 months, and red ringed. Second one I had lasted a year, and 4 months. 3rd one I have lasted 1 month... Then the disc drive went all crazy. My 4th one gets disc errors from time to time.

I'm on my 2nd, the original was a used one I bought from gamestop, so when it ringed, I got another one from them since I had the warranty. We'll see how long it lasts.:)

lets see
1st - returned in under 2 months because it was already having problems
2nd - red ringed
3rd - sold, bought elite after rrod, then warranties were extended
4th- 1st elite, dvd-drive error
5th - dvd-drive error
6th - current elite
so 6 for me, i think the nxe saved me w/loading games onto the hard drive

1st- RROD after 3 weeks. Still under 30 day return policy.
2nd- RROD after 3 month. Got store store replacement plan as part of a holiday deal though so it took 20 min before I had a new one.
3rd- Started sounded like a vacuum cleaner and I was at the end of my protection plan so I swapped it for on HDMI arcade.
4th has been going for nearly a year. Fingers crossed, but I also play the hell out of it.

I know people who went through even more PS2's, but my launch PS2 is still going.

When I bought my replacement policy they said all I had to do was bring it in and I would get a new console or a gift card of the same value.

When the system actually failed they refused to do anything. They gave me a pamphlet and told me to call the number and ship it out and wait three damn weeks for a gift card.

I was stoked, not only was I without a 360 for two months (died in November and they were sold out through Christmas) but I also lost all my data!

imamario02,

You should add a poll to the thread. Just hit thread tools at the top of your first post and there's an option to do so.

It would be better to see what percentage have had 0, 1, 2, 3,4, etc. fail.

I just got my 5th last week.

Best Buy wouldn't let me swap out the hard drives like they used to, but they gave me half off the data transfer charge so I was able to keep all my saves for $24.99. Plus, the price of the Elite had dropped $50 anyways since my purchase, so I still came our ahead.

For those who have had the RROD, how long are you guys' 360s lasting? And how long do you game per week? I've had my first for a year and it's still running fine.

First, but I got mine around August of last year when Hot Topic was clerancing out those Halo 3 models. I've played it roughly less than 100 hours so I think I"m safe for now. NXE does seem to be somewhat of a Godsend though.

The RROD happens because MS used cheap heat sinks, but it also depends on your play style you can help yourself and lower the chances of the RROD. But if you guys have any unless broken Xbox’s laying around I might be interested

[quote name='chriscolbert']I just got my 5th last week.

Best Buy wouldn't let me swap out the hard drives like they used to, but they gave me half off the data transfer charge so I was able to keep all my saves for $24.99. Plus, the price of the Elite had dropped $50 anyways since my purchase, so I still came our ahead.[/quote]

So basically they just switched hard drives and charged you $25...

I'm on my launch system and haven't had the 3RLOD yet. I've had a few errors here and there but nothing that wasn't fixed with a little cooldown period and a reset. Never had to send it in to MS.

Fourth repair, going on the third system for me. One disk drive problem, three rrod. I had to send in system #2 recently and should have the replacement Monday.

I'm curious what purpose does it serve to list how many consoles you have been through?

I'm on my first and hopefully only. I picked it up Christmas eve hoping Santa and Jesus would bless it with the power of immortality like my NES, SNES, N64, DS, GBSP, GBC, GB, etc... my PS2 is still going but I think it's DVD-drive is on its last leg.

i'm on my 4th as well. i've owned launch consoles for just about everything that's been released the past 15 years and this is the only system that i've had a problem with.

...also, the reason i now buy just about everything on ps3.

My first died (original spec Premium model). Refurb (same model but with heatsink) is still going strong although the DVD-ROM is loud as hell when a disc is in there.

1dre 1 rrod.. this is my launch 360... both times fixed & shipped for free...

dre was my fault.. 16+ hr a day for 6 months of system bein on because of FFXI.. lol

no complaint here...

other side notes..

Wii got sent in once because it won't load Smash & mario kart.. because of some drive problems. shipping & fixed for free..

Sony on the other hand, made me pay for shipping after updating my PS3 and it crashed. total BS!

I'm on my second console. I had to send mine in just before Christmas, and I had gotten it for the previous Christmas, so it lasted just under a year before dying for the first time. Hopefully I can get another year out of my second one. :lol:

I've had two, but got rid of the first because I needed the money. I've had this one since July. If I do have any problems, I'll go out and get a Jasper arcade and ditch the new one when it comes back from repairs.

bread's done
Back