What other companies exist besides Dell help me help a friend

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
OK,

Typically I build my own PC's every 3-4 years or so....

I have a friend that is into photography and has a 2-3 year old Dell. He is wanting to upgrade but needs the support line similar to what dell offers... building one is out of the question.

Are there any other companies or options that include the service plan with free tech help etc?

I know there used to be a bunch but I think they have all been gobbled up.

Any pointers would be nice. I am open to all suggestions for him.

His main concern is getting something that can run some nice photoshop programs etc.

Umm.... I mean, other than Dell, your other choices for average consumer base are HP/Compaq, Sony, Gateway, eMachine. They all have some sort of support, but the extend of their support, I have no idea.

My company would work. :cool:

We mainly do orders for schools and small businesses, but we handle the occansional special request. One of our sales reps throws in a 5 year warranty on all hardware, but we don't do any software support.

I think Ibuypower and cyberpowerpc offer lifetime hardware tech support on their machines. They build mostly gaming machines, but you can configure almost anyway you want it (multiple case, ps, mobo options, ect).

[quote name='uli2000']I think Ibuypower and cyberpowerpc offer lifetime hardware tech support on their machines. They build mostly gaming machines, but you can configure almost anyway you want it (multiple case, ps, mobo options, ect).[/QUOTE]

At least that's what they say... from what I hear, their customer support is about as good as not having any customer support at all.

[quote name='Vinny']At least that's what they say... from what I hear, their customer support is about as good as not having any customer support at all.[/QUOTE]

That's what I heard as well, which is why I kinda stopped recommending people to them. I mean at first they seem like a good alternative for people who dont want any mainstream brand and would like to play games on their computers. Now it's just more of a dilemma for them as their choices sorta narrowed. I'll see if I can find a custom-built company with better support. ::sorts thru Maximum PC::

The best ones are places like Falcon Northwest or VooDoo (well, maybe not anymore since HP owns them). I heard a few good things about Falcon but they're damn expensive.

[quote name='Kayden']My company would work. :cool:

We mainly do orders for schools and small businesses, but we handle the occansional special request. One of our sales reps throws in a 5 year warranty on all hardware, but we don't do any software support.[/quote]

Perhaps you should go that route, OP?

[quote name='Snake2715']I will bounce these off him. Kayden shoot me your info or a website etc.[/quote]

Partstock.com -- If you call, ask for Chad and tell him Kayden sent you.

[quote name='Kayden']Partstock.com -- If you call, ask for Chad and tell him Kayden sent you.[/quote]

Get him a CAG discount!

[quote name='yukine']Get him a CAG discount![/quote]

Hmm... then he shouldn't say he knows me... :lol: :oops:

Vision Computers is a local (atlanta-based) company which ships all over.

The reason I recommend them is because you hear their advertisments all over talk radio around here going on about their stellar customer service, and that you never have to wait more than maybe 15 seconds to speak with someone who speaks English (unlike other companies where the CS is apparantly overseas) and all that.

bread's done
Back