what OTHER podcasts do you listen to?

I like most of the 1 up stuff, so
1 up Yours
EGM
GFW (Shawn Elloit is the shit)
Insomniac's Full Moon Show, its cool to see how it has progressed and from a developer side
One Life Left is a british gaming thing, they are somewhat pretentious but its still funny even tho they are not completely there with all the gaming news or things

How do the rest of you like to listen to your podcasts? i mean you cant straight up listen to them cuz they are hours long.

i find myself partial to a long rpg which isnt going to have a lot of cgi or voice acting, and more recently ive been playing em while playing TF2.

[quote name='Grove']
GFW (Shawn Elloit is the shit)[/quote]

This. I love his stories of fucking with people online. Too bad he's not gonna be on 1upyours regularly anymore.

CAGcast
Diggnation
Used to listen to the 1up show but some reason I haven't really felt the need to subscribe to them again.

I'd also like to add Never Not Funny, Jimmy Pardo's show. As of late, he's charging for the second half of his shows, so listener beware.

Let's see;

CAGcast
CAGforeplay
Gamehounds
[CAG Twen / Matt Young's] UAV Jammers
[CAG MSUHitman's] Checkmate Arcade
1up Yours
EGM LIVE
IGN Gamescoop
IGN Podcast Beyond
IGN Three Red Lights
[CAG MIK's] the Fanboys Lunchcast
Critical-Strike
PSH Radio
Massively Online Gamer
Destructoid's Retroforce Go!
Destructoid's Podtoid
and most recently, the Giant Bombcast.

I also host Cyberpunks Gaming, and enjoy listening to my own voice.

[quote name='Maklershed']Thanks for posting in this thread then. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

someone wanted an answer... I saw a question and thought, "Dear Lord! A question! Thoust shall answer it!" proceeded with a bullet to my head.

I had been listening to a lot of gaming podcasts but they all (Even CAG) cover well worn ground. By the end of the week, I’ve heard pretty much all the gaming news 5X. Even though I subscribe to a ton of gaming podcasts, I only really listen to 1up Yours, IGN Game Scoop and CAG mostly for the hosts, not the show.

Outside of gaming.

- Stuck in the 80s: Fun retro look at life in a great decade
- The Final Sprint: Interviews with elite runners
- This Week in Tech: Good catch up on all the weeks tech news
- Hamish and Andy show: Australian drive time radio. Funny guys.
-This week in Science: Interesting Science news

I also do a podcast about running.

CAGcast
CAGForeplay
Totally Rad Show
iFanboy
Tiki Bar TV
SModcast
Achievement Junkie
Diggnation
This Week in Tech

I sometimes listen to Three red lights though it feels a bit weird to have so many people talking over eachother all the time.

For me: ^^CAGcast rocks my world!^^

1up Yours
CAGcast
GFW
Sarcastic Gamer
Sherdog Radio Network: Beatdown with TJ De Santis
Sherdog Radio Network: Savage Dog Show
Sherdog Radio Network: Jordan Breen Show

1up yours
savage love *awesome (suprised no one here has mentioned it)
egm live
talk of the nation
fresh air
all songs considered

i used to listen to twit, but i got sick of hearing about twitter non-stop, so i unsubscribed.

So I'm currently on an RPG kick and am looking to check out any decent RPG podcasts, but I can't seem to find any online. Do you guys know of any offhand that I should check out?

CAGcast
CAG Foreplay
1up Yours
GFW Radio, aka The Brodeo
Retronauts
The Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly
1up FM, formerly EGM Live
The HotSpot
Kojima Productions Report - I think it's over now, but it's being reborn into an MGS4 in-game podcast.
Full Moon Show - Insomniac's podcast
Giant Bombcast

VG/Tech Shows: On the Spot, DL.TV, Cranky Geeks, 1up Show, Broken Pixels
Non-gaming related podcasts: Tony Kornheiser Show, SModcast

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']So I'm currently on an RPG kick and am looking to check out any decent RPG podcasts, but I can't seem to find any online. Do you guys know of any offhand that I should check out?[/quote]

I used to listen to this podcast awhile back. It was alright, but it would get a little dull at times.
http://www.rpgamer.com/rpgcast/rpgcast_archive.html

I listen to
1up yours
EGM Live/FM
Giantbomb
PlayerOne Podcast
Ifanboy
Tom vs the JLA (I love this show)
Achievement Junkies
Bill Maher when not on hiatus
Smodcast
Foreplay
and many others that I will probably think of later

Audio:
1up Yours
Retronauts
GFW Radio
1up FM
EGM Live
CAGcast
Cag Foreplay
Daily Giz Wiz
2d6 Feet In A Random Direction
Pulp Gamer (all)
Podtoid
Retroforce Go
Penny Arcade
TWIT
Tech Guy
Net @ Nite
One Life Left
PC Gamer Podcast
SMODcast
This Week In Law
Big Fanboy Radio

Also Fancy Pants Gangsters shows, but only while I'm editing them :)

Video:
Diggnation
Totally Rad Show
Systm
Tiki Bar
tekzilla
Dl.tv
iFanboy
1up Show
Broken Pixels

I might be forgetting one or two.

Yeah, I have a sickness.

3 non-gaming podcasts I listen to:

The Mediocre Show
Uhh Yeah Dude
Vomitus Prime

I'm surprised nobody mentioned these yet.

This is all that I can think of right now. I will add to this list if I start any new ones or if I remember ones that I forgot.

Audio:
The Bungie Studios Podcast
CAG Foreplay
CAGcast
Daily Giz Wiz
Giant Bombcast
Joystiq Podcast
Munchcast
this WEEK in TECH
Xbox 360 Fancast
Xbox Live's Major Nelson Radio

Video:
Ask a Ninja
Command and Conquer TV
Ctrl+Alt+Chicken (out of production)
Diggnation
InDigital: Your Life in Gear (out of production)
OpenAlpha
Scam School
Systm
Tekzilla
thebroken (seems to be on a permanent hiatus)
Tiki Bar TV
X3F TV

Hey hey, check that out Wombat the person who brought up the whole idea in the first place. It was driving me nuts with all the other podcasts you were talking about. I had no idea if they were good, bad, or somewhere in between. And... fancy that I got a lot of the same recommendations that you had said you had been listening to.

So thanks for the inspiration!

In Our Time (BBC history podcast, you can almost smell the pipe tobacco and Earl Grey)

Rumblestrip Radio (Motorcycle Racing)

Massively Online Gamer

As always, I don't miss a single "1up Yours" or "GFW Radio" (although I've had to skip some massive chunks of very recent ones because of "Metal...Gear??"). "Giant Bombcast" is simultaneously a paradoxically more 'amped up' and 'chill' "The HotSpot" for all intents and purposes. Which means it's a really good gaming podcast. The new "1up FM" seems extremely lackluster so far, not that "EGM Live*" (their asterisk, not mine) was ever that great. Sorry, rocksolidaudio. And "Retronauts" is horrible as Jeremy Parish sounds like a spoiled and pompous brat who leads the 'evil' debate team in some '80s nerd comedy. Ditto for Scott Sharkey, while he hurls "fucking this" and "fucking that" left and right, bitching about the most picayune JRPG details imaginable.

I tried the "Smodcast" based on Wombat5277's recommendation, and it's...Kevin Smith. Which means 'mostly pretty good' in my book.

It barely counts here, as it usually runs less than ten minutes and seems to come and go in fits, but I've subscribed to "LSAT Logic in Everyday Life". Maybe that means I have aspirations in that field, maybe it just means that I like to jog my brain every now 'n' then. Feel free to tell me how little it's helped so far, "Professor".

P.S. I miss "The Official Lost Podcast" and "The Lost Initiative" right now almost as much as I miss hearing "Previously, on Lost" on Thursday nights.

EDIT: I tried listening to "Evil Avatar" when they had Hayter on recently, and...well, I got to hear Solid Snake.

I listen to a lot of podcasts because I'm a writer and I don't really have to interact with others much at work. So each day at work, I go through nearly 8 hours of podcasts and music (mostly podcasts).

I listen to:

-CAGcast
-1up Yours
-EGM Live
-Retronauts
-Giant Bombcast
-The Penny Arcade podcast
-1up FM
-Around the Horn (ESPN)
-Pardon the Interruption (ESPN)
-GFW Radio
-Game Scoop! (IGN)
-Three Red Lights (IGN)
-Podcast Beyond (IGN)
-Nintendo Voice Chat (IGN)
-RetroCity (IGN)
-The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack
-The Official Lost Podcast
-This Week in Tech
-Gamebot Live

Yeah, it's way overboard, but whatever...

Nerd/Geek - geek entertainment tv, geekbrief, extralife radio, anything by cnet/revision 3
Gaming History - Play Value
Humor - CollegeHumor TV, The Onion, dilbert, break a leg, comedy 4 cast, mr deity
random but awesome - amtrekker, code monkeys

along with the normal ones i recomend;
penny arcade. i find it more funny then the comic.
game theory.
gameradio. with c4 and kobar. one of my favorites.
PTI. the only people i listen to in sports.
gamespy debriefings.
infendo. for nintendo fans, a must.
this week in science. entertaining science.
young turks. fun political talk.

and i've started to listen to some of ign's "entertainment" podcasts.
keepin' it reel. pretty good talk about what's on the big screen.
digigods. as a netflix user, it's very helpful how they go through everything that's come to dvd that week.
tech fetish.

I listed to CAG Cast and CAG Foreplay weekly.

I also listen to the Sarcastic Gamer Podcast and their Hump Day Update.

They even mentioned CAG Cast in their last show before E3....not a super positive reference, but is there bad publicity?

TBW

I don't listen to any other video game podcasts. I listen to: Baseball Prospectus Radio, BS Report (Bill Simmons), the official Lost podcast, Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack, and the Jay and Jack show (same people that do the Lost one, that's the only reason I got into it)

I don’t listen to podcasts since I’ve got 56k. *cries*
But I don’t really see the point of them I can read things just fine I don’t need to listen to someone talking.

[quote name='G.A.Pster1']I don’t listen to podcasts since I’ve got 56k. *cries*
But I don’t really see the point of them I can read things just fine I don’t need to listen to someone talking.[/quote]

The point is to hear other gamers opinions, and they are also pretty funny.

Are there any good VIDEO podcasts that actual show game footage rather than just show people standing around a cubicle?

[quote name='G.A.Pster1']I don’t listen to podcasts since I’ve got 56k. *cries*
But I don’t really see the point of them I can read things just fine I don’t need to listen to someone talking.[/quote]

Well, here in 2008 podcasts are just another avenue in getting information and entertainment on niche topcs. But, I understand back in the later 90's when I was on a 56k, I wasn't into podcasts either...:lol: j/k btw.

Honestly though they are a great distraction while working out. Also its podcasts that give us such epic scenes like Dyacks rant.

I listen to the following

1up
Giant Bomb
Joystiq
Games for Windows

Giant Bomb is my favorite at the moment, those guys know how to keep things real and are very informative

[quote name='J7.']Are there any good VIDEO podcasts that actual show game footage rather than just show people standing around a cubicle?[/quote]

The 1up show has standing around in cubicles, and game play vids.:)

[quote name='BigD63']The 1up show has standing around in cubicles, and game play vids.:)[/quote]
I've never seen gameplay in them. Are there like 1 gameplay video per hour? I watched 2 of their PCasts in Fast Forward mode, just saw cubicles.

Video Games
CAGcast
Evil Avatar Radio
Gamespot presents the Hotspot(less screaming now a days)
IGN Gamescoop
IGN 3 Redlights
Podtoid
1Up
used to listen to Major Nelson before he starting doing all the interviews(advertising)

Other
Ante Up!(poker)
CBC Radio Quirks and Quarks(science show)
CBC Radio The best of ideas(erm society commentary?)
Dan Carlin's Hardcore history(History ;) )
Discovery News(science)
The Poker Edge
The Evcast(Electric cars news show)
NewsPod(bbc news)
Matt's today in history
NPR science Friday
Slate's Magazine (misc)
The trance Lab with lord bass(techno/rav)
2+2 Poker cast
Wired Magazine

bread's done
Back