What program is used to record CAGcast?

Yeah, since I'm a lazy ass gamer, then I can tell you that this question was brought up somewhere between show 29 and 34 in the cagbag, but I can't remember exactly which one. I was listening in chronological order. He gives about a five minute explanation of what he uses and how he does it.

Cheapy, Wombat and the Shipwrecks use a pretty nice mic too. i think Cheapy mentioned it once when he bought one for the Ships as gift.

[quote name='LiK']Cheapy, Wombat and the Shipwrecks use a pretty nice mic too. i think Cheapy mentioned it once when he bought one for the Ships as gift.[/quote]

He did and also if you listen to a few of the past episodes like in the fortys or so before he got his new mic you can tell it really makes a difference.

Now, sounds like this guy is trying to start his own podcast.

Audacity is a great program for recording shows, works great for recording 4 in the same room. I do not know the details of over Skype however.

[quote name='2Dskillz']Audacity is a great program for recording shows, works great for recording 4 in the same room. I do not know the details of over Skype however.[/QUOTE]

The way Cheapy and Wombat get around the skype issue is by hacing each of them record their own audio. Wombat then sends his audio to Cheapy and Cheapy mixes them together.

[quote name='shipwreck']The way Cheapy and Wombat get around the skype issue is by hacing each of them record their own audio. Wombat then sends his audio to Cheapy and Cheapy mixes them together.[/quote]

yea, i've heard of this method used in podcasts with multiple hosts. it works really well

That is why THe Cagcast has better sound than most podcasts. I know most use GarageBand which has too many bugs. Recording the audio separate then mixing is a great idea.

bread's done
Back