What PS3 Camping Looks Like in Schaumburg, IL

Damanthia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
So, after seeing all the talk and pictures and videos about PS3 campers, I decided to go out and see what it looks like near me. I brought along my trusty old camera (please excuse any bad pictures - my camera is not Y2K compliant and I am not very good with a camera to begin with.)

So this is what PS3 camping looks like as of 3am on November 16, 2006.

First stop: Circuit City. This Circuit City is one of the 6 doing a midnight launch with 100 systems expected in stock. Last count of people in line: 120+. First person in line was said to have gotten there Tuesday afternoon.

Next up was the Best Buy just down the street. There were 20+ people at Best Buy with the first person arriving Monday.

Then I swung by two Targets on my way home. First up was the Woodfield Target. First person arrived on Wednesday. When I got there, four people were warming up in their car. They hopped out and posed for me. Earlier I'd heard that there were 6 systems currently in the store and they were hoping for a few more to arrive before Friday.

And the other Target:

Everyone was very friendly and talked to me for a while. There were no objections to my taking pictures. Since it was 3am, most campers were asleep.

A few people asked if I was a reporter, to which I laughed and replied that I was just taking pictures for my own amusement and to post to the web. I said if anyone wanted to see them, they could take a look at CAG.

[quote name='Damanthia']So, after seeing all the talk and pictures and videos about PS3 campers, I decided to go out and see what it looks like near me. [/QUOTE]

That's some weird stuff. Maybe in turn you should take some choice magazines to them so they can see what a naked woman looks like. Might be their last chance. HURRY!
=P

Gotta hand it to those people though, they are dedicated to something atleast.

[quote name='howlinmad']That's some weird stuff. Maybe in turn you should take some choice magazines to them so they can see what a naked woman looks like. Might be their last chance. HURRY!
=P
[/quote]

Hilarious!! HA HA!!!

Nice photos! I wished I noticed all this BEFORE I went out to Schaumburg.... but oh well. Didn't win squat, but I did get a signed poster of Crystal, the 97.9 Loop girl! HA HA! I takes what I cans!

Great reporting, fellow CAGger!

Well, I hope everyone had a good time that came out. I didn't run into any other CAGs (at least that I knew to be CAGs).

Overall, the "launch party" was fun, but cold. I took more pictures and may get them put up later. The trivia got pretty old, and it was funny that two out of the five giveaway systems went to people who had waited in line for a few days, but I had a good evening.

And, of course, I didn't win anything.

bread's done
Back