What RAM brands are the best ?

alucard8319

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm looking at buying some cheap ram, but I'm wondering which are some of the better brands out there when it comes to performance?

I went with Corsair myself. Of course it's been about 3 years since I built my computer so I really don't know what's best anymore. :lol:

EDIT: Corsair XMS. Thanks for the reminder, Jaykrue. :cool:

Although this topic belongs in the PC forum, I'll answer. My own personal preference:

Corsair XMS
Corsair
Kingston
Micron
Crucial

Truly though, most ppl can get by w/ Crucials. Corsairs & Corsair XMS are for overclocking & cpu intensive tasks.

If you're talking about performance in terms of higher clock speeds and lower timings, then most companies offer premium versions of their RAM that will perform better in that sense.

Examples: Kingston HyperX, OCZ Titanium/Platinum/Gold, Corsair XMS, Patriot eXteme performance, Crucial Ballistix, Geil Ultra, any Mushkin perforamance series

If you don't plan on overclocking or tweaking your memory timings, you might as well go with the regular version from any one of those providers, like Kingston Valueram for example. You won't notice a difference in performance.

bread's done
Back