What Rockstar should learn from Saints Row

[quote name='Fatesealer']
-Analog targeting
[/QUOTE]

San Andreas had Analog targeting, you just had to hold R1/Right Trigger and move the right analog stick.

[quote name='sanjuro']I fucking love how you don't loose your weapons when you die, that was always my biggest turn off from GTA games(aside from the goofy shooting/driving). Actually being able to survive a 5 star riot is awesome too.[/QUOTE]

If you get Katie as a girlfriend in San Andreas you can keep your weapons after dying and getting Barbara as a girlfriend will let you keep your weapons after being arrested.

[quote name='OGHowie']SA was the only game that I didn't beat in the GTA series. Something about being a gangsta in the ghetto just didn't intrigue me that much. The long ass driving missions didn't help either. The best GTA is still Vice City.[/QUOTE]

Most of the game isn't about being a "gangsta in the ghetto" and it gets a lot better after that part.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Most of the game isn't about being a "gangsta in the ghetto" and it gets a lot better after that part.[/QUOTE]
Right. That game actually shook the whole ghetto thing, and got grander and grander as the story progressed.

If anything, the story was an epic about rising out of the ghetto.

[quote name='2Fast']Y'know, I think making Table Tennis is the smartest thing Rockstar has ever done. They're familar with the system now and will be ready to blow your mind with GTA IV, instead of making it they're first foray into next-gen games like Saint's Row is for Volition/THQ. [/QUOTE]

While I think it was a good idea as well, it's not the same development team. Table Tennis was made by Rockstar San Diego, all the GTAs (except the portable games) have been made by Rockstar North.

EDIT: On a side note, Grand Theft Auto 3 was Rockstar North's (DMA Design at the time) first game on PS2 at that was still amazing.

[quote name='Graystone']It was the first and as far as I know the only PS2 game to be a dual layer disc or game. So it held 8 gigs.[/QUOTE]
Nope it was a single 4.7 GB Disc. The day I bought it I popped it on my HDloader and came up only 4GB's.

Also I like being able to buy Cars in Saints Row. Its not that well done but its better then nothing. I would like the whole bothersome Car Salesmen in GTA4 :)

what both games need is a main character that isnt a mute lol
in both games all we see is gestures in the cut scenes, no voice acting at all

[quote name='rly723']what both games need is a main character that isnt a mute lol
in both games all we see is gestures in the cut scenes, no voice acting at all[/QUOTE]

Huh? I know in some GTAs the main character spoke. Ray Liotta did the voice of the main character in Vice City which is probably my fav GTA of all.

[quote name='rly723']what both games need is a main character that isnt a mute lol
in both games all we see is gestures in the cut scenes, no voice acting at all[/QUOTE]
The main character spoke in Vice City and San Andreas.

GTA needs to take from Saints Row:
Regenerating Health
Map Navigation system
Insurance Fraud (fucking Awesome)
Save Anywhere
Hitman was great on SR
Hostages and Stickups

Saint's Row needs to learn a couple of things from GTA:
The GTA Soul! (I don't know how to explain this)
A better soundtrack
Develop a more extensive plot
Where are the helicopters, motorcycles, and boats?
Size and Scope of the game and the in-game world
A bigger "sand box"

All in all, Saint's Row is the first GTA-clone that I have really enjoyed playing. I think I might like Saint's Row better than San Andreas, with that said, Vice City is still my all time favorite. I look forward to the competition that will hopefully arise between the two developers and the quality games that will result from a mutal stealing of ideas.

Imagine GTA on consoles being like the PC mods, "Multi-Theft Auto". That would own, seriously. having like, 32 max people on a server (or more) and doing missions together. The economy has a bunch of stats like Crime Rate, Tazes, etc... Oh god, i'ma cream my jeans!

bread's done
Back