What SD cards work with a Wii?

Mindzeye82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I got a little too googly eyed when I bought my Wii and ended up grabbing a whole lot of accessories, including a 2 GB Wii Card as I didn't know that the Wii had an internal memory. I just checked my recipet and discovered that I payed 100$ for this thing and I'm ready to return it.

However, I'd like to have an SD card for backup and VC games. Do I need an "official Wii" card or will any SD card work? I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but I can't find a clear answer. Thanks!

best buy just had pny 1 gig sd cards on sale for 14 bucks. my sandisk card works fine and i haven't tried the pny, i'm expecting it to work though because it's an sd card and the drive is an sd drive...so it shouldn't matter.

T. Foolery

Sspeaking of SD cards anyone try to remove theirs from their Wii? It's hard to do so, maybe I'm doing it wrong? I just pulled it out because I didn't see anything to eject it...

Any will work but please watch what brand you are buying. What I mean is don't buy a offbrand you never heard of. Buy something like sandisk, lexar or some brand name something you know can last a bit. Oh and 3QGojo you should if I am not mistaken just push the sd card in and it should pop out a little bit to remove ie like a DS game would.

Thanks for the help. I just bought a 1GB Sandisk card from amazon for 15$. Screw you Gamestop and the Wii (and my zealous nature that caused me to buy it in the first place).

bread's done
Back