What should I be playing?

WhipSmartBanky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Upgraded to a new-to-me PC and I'd like to put a few games on it.

The important specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Q6600 ~2.4ghz
8GB RAM
EVGA GT520 2GB graphics card
1.5TB HDD 7200RPM/32MB Cache/SATA 300
Windows Vista 64 (Soon to be 7 or possibly 8)

I have Torchlight, probably Torchlight 2 soon. Was thinking about Minecraft, Fate, Titan Quest, and maybe the old Baldur's Gates. Any PC-exclusive recommendations that could sit comfortably on those specs? As you can tell I like the point-and-click looters, but I'm open to most genres.

Thanks! :whee:

Check my list and enjoy the awesome.

Try Slender, Black Mesa, Tribes: Ascend...

#1 *Mount & Blade* (get warband)

Others:
STALKER
Sins of a Solar Empire
X3
CIV4 maybe 5.
Team Fortress 2 (its a really completely different game on PC)

More after looking at my steam list:
Gothic 3
Amnesia
Dungeons of Dredmor
Killing Floor
Vindictus (free!)

[quote name='abhinav']Star Wars: The Old Republic has just gone free to play, I really enjoyed that.[/QUOTE]

SWTOR isn't F2P yet. November is the magic month for free access and I would say that his PC may have some issues running the game.

OP needs to get PayDay: The Heist, Terraria, Amnesia and if he dares, DotA2.

/edit: co-sign on CIV 4 or 5. OP will learn that "this is the last turn..." is only a phrase and has no meaning.

honestly i dont like mmos that much since i quit eq but guildwars 2 is really good. if it were not for the fact it was a pc game(industry frowns on it) id say it'd be GOTY as far as gameplay is concerned. you can get in and just play it with random people all over the place without that whole guild or heal/tank bs in other mmos

mass effect is a really good series of games(make sur eto play em in order) too that i strongly suggest to play on pc.

you also should check out dark souls, TF2(free), and black mesa(free). lastly watch total biscuit on youtube. he does good pc game coverage including indie stuff. :)

Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions, guys! Can't wait to dig in to some of these.

Are there any sci-fi themed looters in the Diablo/Torchlight vein?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions, guys! Can't wait to dig in to some of these.

Are there any sci-fi themed looters in the Diablo/Torchlight vein?[/QUOTE]

Alien Swarm or Alien Breed might fit that theme.

[quote name='crystalklear64']theres space siege but i have heard nothing good about it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Looked it up and found a copy for a penny on Amazon. You'll be hearing about it soon one way or another.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions, guys! Can't wait to dig in to some of these.

Are there any sci-fi themed looters in the Diablo/Torchlight vein?[/QUOTE]

Greed - Black Border

It was free for anyone with a free Green Man Gaming account during they monthly giveaway.

Theseus - Return of the Hero is also a solid one that is horror/sci-fi like Diablo.

bread's done
Back