What should I do about a game site plagiarised guide

Ray5555

CAGiversary!
I posted a achievement guide on xbox360achievements.org 2 years ago They gave me credit for it then. But now one of their mods makes the same guide I wrote. On 3 seperate achievements he copied and pasted from my guide. The achievements are Hidapipe, Escpipe, and Oh Yeah!(although it is still the one I posted he did add a little more to it for Oh Yeah!)

Here they are:
Plagiarised
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=317142

Mine
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=167553

Incase he does decide to edit mine before you see it I have screen caps from earlier tonight.

I did i am hoping something comes of it. If you are really starting it. Take it slow and make sure you grind enough money to buy the best equipment at each town. It will definitely help. 2 knives are always best on Rolf until you get the Laser sword.

Well, what's your proposed resolve for the issue? It's hard to say what you can/should do without knowing exactly what you would like to be done about it.

That said, I'd imagine nothing will ever be done about it. It's not like you're talking about a published work that is a source of revenue for yourself (or anyone else, for that matter).

It definitely is a source of revenue for the site.

I guess the best you can go is ask him to give credit. Maybe it was a mistake. If not, then I guess you've submitted your last guide there, and have every right to repeat your experience to others in the hope that they won't contribute to the site either.

The very first thing you should do is contact the mod and ask them to change what they wrote and/or give you credit. An apology from them would be nice as well, though I'm of the opinion that that's not something you should be asking for :p

However, if they end up being a dick about it, go above their heads and contact the site's administrator/webmaster. Spreading the word about the plagiarism is also a good thing to do (as you've already done here).

bread's done
Back