What should I do? Concerning Sony camera..

1SwtDeception

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Well just recently I found out my camera is broken: a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P10. And now I don't know what to do. Either I get a fix on this camera or I buy a new one.

If I go with option A (fixing it).. I have some questions on it..
1. Is there any way to fix it even? Of course I past the warranty so I can't do anything right?

2. What's the probable cost of it? I mean if it's really expensive I could use that money on a new camera instead.

3. If I could fix it.. where would I fix it? Sending it back to Sony?

If I go with option B (buying a new camera)..
1. Anyone have any suggestion on buying another Sony camera?
I don't want to put the memory sticks and uploader, etc to waste. Preferabley I'd like a small, tiny one. I don't know if anyone remembers this cyber-shot camera that was incredibley tiny, I'd really like something like that.

edit: reason--My computer monitor fell on it while I was moving it around so umm user error or something

[quote name='1SwtDeception']Well just recently I found out my camera is broken: a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P10. And now I don't know what to do. Either I get a fix on this camera or I buy a new one.

If I go with option A (fixing it).. I have some questions on it..
1. Is there any way to fix it even? Of course I past the warranty so I can't do anything right?

2. What's the probable cost of it? I mean if it's really expensive I could use that money on a new camera instead.

3. If I could fix it.. where would I fix it? Sending it back to Sony?[/quote]

Well who knows? You didn't even say what was wrong with it, which makes all those questions useless. "Broken" is not a technical diagnosis.

Wow, I just broke my camera today. I had a Canon Powershot A400 and I dropped it 3 ft on gravel and the LCD screen broke. I feel your pain, it sucks.

How much money did you spend on the camera? It appears to be around $300 now. Personally I only spent about $65 on my camera (on rebate with purchase of a printer) so I just bought a new one but yours is much more advanced. Personally, it's if it's going to be more than half of replacing it, you might just want to get a new camera IMHO.

My computer monitor fell on it while I was moving it around. I didn't realize the break until today.

edit:

[quote name='SadieDee']Wow, I just broke my camera today. I had a Canon Powershot A400 and I dropped it 3 ft on gravel and the LCD screen broke. I feel your pain, it sucks.

How much money did you spend on the camera? It appears to be around $300 now. Personally I only spent about $65 on my camera (on rebate with purchase of a printer) so I just bought a new one but yours is much more advanced. Personally, it's if it's going to be more than half of replacing it, you might just want to get a new camera IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Yea I was thinking to get a new one. I bought my camera at about $400 at the time. Good to know someone out there feels the pain. (well good.. as it you're not alone ^^).

bread's done
Back