What should I do for my GameDealDaily order?

Pumapride

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys,

I recently ordered a black wireless X-Box 360 controller from GameDealDaily.com. I placed the order on August 20 and still haven't received it. I asked Matt (over at GDD) for a tracking # and he provided one that showed that a package was delivered on August 26. I never received that package.

I already called my local post office and (I'm paraphrasing here) they said, "Well you waited too long to bring this to our attention. We don't know where your package is, though it is entirely possible it was delivered to the wrong address." They also stated that since GDD didn't get insurance on the item (and as far as I know there isn't an insurance option) that all they can do is send a letter stating I never received the package.

So faithful Caggers, what do I do now? I already emailed GDD and got a reply showing the tracking # and package reaching my city as a destination.

I've ordered two other items from GDD and received them without issue. I'm fairly certain the PO just flat out lost my package. Any suggestions?

I would dispute the charge now, while you still can. In the meantime, contact them again and see if they will work something out with you, which they probably won't. Talking to the PO is all but useless.

Contact GDD, if they won't refund or replace, dispute the charge with your credit card company (I think the statute of limitations for this is quite long). Since they failed to insure the package, I would certainly place them on the hook. They should've used UPS or FedEx.

When I first clicked on this thread I half expected it to be another one of the usual 'omg GDD didn't send out my package yet and it's been twenty milliseconds since I orderer it at 3 am' ones.

Sorry to hear about your package getting delivered to the wrong address or stolen though, OP. I think they finally got a mailman for my neighborhood who can read as we haven't received someone else's mail in a while now.

But I also have to ask why you didn't contact GDD sooner than you did about the situation. If I ordered something at the end of one month and it's the middle of the next month already I'm gonna wonder where the hell that package is.

bread's done
Back