What should i do? Item sent to buyer's old address.

Cheapass24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
So here is the story, Someone purchased a Resident Evil Code Veronica X from me for 39.99 on ebay. I shipped it out the next day, with delivery confirmation, and after a week i get the buyer telling me did not get it. I send him the tracking information, and he tells me "It got shipped to my old address". He claims he updated his paypal information to his new address and dosen't know how it was sent to his old one. Now I find that today he has opened up a paypal dispute saying : I do not think conflict resolution between myself and the seller is the way to go. The mix up was not the seller's fault. Despite updating my info, the old address still appeared. The seller was only shipping to the address listed. However i am out 37.99 and received no product. I am asking that this be resolved. :
Does he expect a refund even though im out of a game? Will paypal side with him? If anyone could offer any advice, it would be appreciated.

I think he wants PayPal to do something about it. As in, he updated his info, but it didnt show up, so it isnt his fault or yours. I guess he wants them to give him his money back as well as let you keep your money.

Check the transaction to see if the "listed address" that you shipped to was a confirmed address.

Also, did you use Paypal to print the label? that makes it a lot easier b/c the info is in THEIR system, and you don't need to scan in that piece of crap slip of paper from the post office to show where you shipped to.

Honestly, I think you won this. He's asking paypal for a resolution, and they're going to look him dead in the face and say "look dummy, you clicked the confirm payment button on the page when your old address was showing right on the screen - that's why this screen is there - who the fuck's fault is that?"

[quote name='optimusprime8062']I think he wants PayPal to do something about it. As in, he updated his info, but it didnt show up, so it isnt his fault or yours. I guess he wants them to give him his money back as well as let you keep your money.[/QUOTE]

I get the same idea, but that's not how Paypal rolls - basically, he "added the new address" but didn't "make it the primary". Paypal sees it as his fault - not there's, and not yours.

hell, paypal never sees it as their own fault :D

bread's done
Back