What should I do next? ...

Kyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Recently (well sorta), I won an auction on a couple of months ago. So far haven't shipped yet :bomb:

Due to the holidays and school, I got careless and before I know it, I was past the paypal dispute date (which is 45 days btw). No excuse though, even though the seller gave me the run around, I should have contacted Paypal when I notice it was passed a month. I only took action since I realized that he wasn't going to answer my last e-mail.

So in the end, I got my credit card company involved and they reverse the charges. They said they'll credit the cost of the auction and investigate the situation. On ebay, I used ebay's dispute form to inform the seller.

So far, I got my money back ... but what should I do next? Just leave things alone or should I contact the seller again?

Either way, I'm content since I got my money back, although I blame myself for not noticing the bad feedbacks (it was deceptivly at 98% ...) :bomb:

[quote name='Kyo']Recently (well sorta), I won an auction on a couple of months ago. So far haven't shipped yet :bomb:

Due to the holidays and school, I got careless and before I know it, I was past the paypal dispute date (which is 45 days btw). No excuse though, even though the seller gave me the run around, I should have contacted Paypal when I notice it was passed a month. I only took action since I realized that he wasn't going to answer my last e-mail.

So in the end, I got my credit card company involved and they reverse the charges. They said they'll credit the cost of the auction and investigate the situation. On ebay, I used ebay's dispute form to inform the seller.

So far, I got my money back ... but what should I do next? Just leave things alone or should I contact the seller again?

Either way, I'm content since I got my money back, although I blame myself for not noticing the bad feedbacks (it was deceptivly at 98% ...) :bomb:[/quote]

Why do you feel you need to do anything if you've gotten your money back? Why would you need to contact the seller?

You could leave them a negative feedback, but keep in mind they could just retaliate and leave you one too. Sadly, its the only thing about the system that I hate about ebay.

No need to contact the seller .. if your credit card company credited the amount back to you, then that means they disputed the charge w/ paypal and paypal refunded the money to your CC company. Meaning .. the seller will obviously know as his account will be negative for that amount.

If your not worried about getting retalation negative feedback, I'd def. leave the negative. I would want any other eBay buyer to be aware of the problems I had with the seller.

Well, you've gotten your money back so you don't have to contact the seller. Leave the seller negative feedback. If he retaliates, simply comment the negative feedback and say it was a retaliation. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Your decision.

Bleh, I guess its not worth it. I'll leave it alone.

Well, I guess I learn my lesson to not get careless and to let seller pass the 45 day limit at least.

bread's done
Back