What should I do with my Xbox 360???

rexflexall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have an unopened Xbox 360 my mom bought me for $315 (she got 10% discount) from Walmart. It's lot 737 and Team FDOU I think (comes with Forza 2 and MUA). I'm not sure if I should open it and bother to check if it's a Falcon and keep it, or just keep it closed and try to exchange it for another higher lot with the 175W on the sticker. My mom bought it on credit card and left the receipt with me.

What should I do? It was a gift from her so I kinda feel bad trying to exchange it, let alone I'm not sure I would be hassled at Walmart since it's my mom's name on the credit card. Should I just open the sucker up already and play? It's been sitting in front of my TV for almost a month now along with my unopened Xbox 360 HD DVD player (except for missing UPC to send for free DVDs). I have been dying to play my unopened copies of Halo 3 and COD 2, 3, and 4.....:drool:

from what I understand.. thats your BEST chance of it being a falcon. I'd go for it.

I'm sort of in the same spot, getting one for X-mas... my mom ordered it from ebgames...not sure if its a falcon because I haven't been able to see it.

That is kind of retarded and I do think it says on the box if it is that chip or not.. But come on just open it and play it what do you think your mom is thinking? With the 360 it is 50/50 with it red ringing and honestly is that new chip 100% faulty free? There are so few of them out there that no one really has an honest opinion of them...

Open that sucker up and enjoy it :lol:

You should open it. What's the point of waiting? Even if it is a Zephyr, it's not proven that the Falcons are any more reliable. It would make sense to believe that they're more reliable, but then again, I hear the Zephyrs aren't that bad.

I may just have to open it. I feel stupid for letting it sit as a coaster for that long. I'll just get the MS extra warranty for $60 for 3 years.

yeah, seriously, i think people sweat the details too much when it comes to all these revisions (which haven't proven themselves yet). just open it and have some fun. you could already be playing!

[quote name='rexflexall']I may just have to open it. I feel stupid for letting it sit as a coaster for that long. I'll just get the MS extra warranty for $60 for 3 years.[/quote]

Doesn't the Xbox 360 have a warranty of 3 years because of the RROD?

I think MS offers another warrany for $60 for 3 years to cover EVERYTHING else. That 3 year for free is only for RROD, and I don't think these newer models have red LED lights built in anymore (can't see any RROD). Not sure if my lot # still has red lights or not.

[quote name='rexflexall']... and I don't think these newer models have red LED lights built in anymore (can't see any RROD). Not sure if my lot # still has red lights or not.[/quote]

really? that's awesome, and hilarious.

Yeah I thought it was strange. No red LEDs means no RROD! Ha Ha Ha....but in no way means your Xbox 360 will not have hardware failure. MS trying to pull a fast one on us.

[quote name='rexflexall']I think MS offers another warrany for $60 for 3 years to cover EVERYTHING else. That 3 year for free is only for RROD, and I don't think these newer models have red LED lights built in anymore (can't see any RROD). Not sure if my lot # still has red lights or not.[/quote]

Really? I haven't heard that. I'll check when I get home. On the old models, if you turn the system on with the video cable unplugged, all four lights show up red. I could have sworn I did this on my new HDMI model, but it could very well have been the old one.

I'm pretty sure from what I've read about newer systems with HDMI, but I haven't opened mine yet so I could be wrong. Either way, consensus so far says I should just open my Xbox 360 and enjoy it.

bread's done
Back