What should I do with this rare, new/sealed but damaged game?

sonarrat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
EDIT: I have this game up on Ebay now. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/go.php...=8277770720&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

I walked into a Gamestop on a lark today and spotted some sealed PS1 games being kept behind the counter. Most of them were unremarkable, like Colony Wars and a green-label Xenogears, but there was one game that I knew I couldn't afford to pass up. Here it is:

It's definitely a factory sealed game, right down to the hanging tab on the back of the case. But the issue is the hole punched through the upper left corner of the case, through the case, the insert, and possibly the manual.

For sure, I want to sell this. I have a complete copy of the game that I bought less than a week ago, and I'm having a blast with it. A sealed copy in mint condition is worth over $200. I have listed this one on Amazon for $200, noting the defect, but Amazon is unpredictable and I can never tell if my items are going to sell or not. Is there a better option?

Reality's Fringe said:
Man, how long was that thing sitting there?

Probably a week or less. The last time I was at this store a month ago, I found copies of Intelligent Qube, Ogre Battle and Tales of Destiny II, but didn't see anything sealed.

I'm going to put this on Ebay with a high reserve and see what happens.

Don't use a reserve, they are poison. Just put a high BIN on it with what you would like to get and the starting price very close to that. Yes, you pay a bit more on fees, but .01 auctions are WAAAAAAY overrated. They usually go for a lot less than a good BIN auction.

I agree with secretvampire. Or you can just let it sit there and wait for another .10 cent listing day. This way you can name your price and if it doesn't sell then all you lose is a dime. That's what I'm waiting for to put my sealed Doom 2 GBA up for auction.

[quote name='secretvampire']Don't use a reserve, they are poison. Just put a high BIN on it with what you would like to get and the starting price very close to that. Yes, you pay a bit more on fees, but .01 auctions are WAAAAAAY overrated. They usually go for a lot less than a good BIN auction.[/QUOTE]

Tactics Ogre by Atlus.

[quote name='markholladay']WHat is the game? Is there a pic of it. If so , I must be blocking it somehow.[/QUOTE]

I can hardly see the hole. I would put some epoxy or bondo on that, primer it, paint it and sell it as new. No one will ever know the difference.

I've been trying to find this game for 4 years and you stumble upon another copy. Some folks have all the luck. All the EB\GS stores in my area have ceased carrying anything that is not PS2/Xbox/GC or more current. I'd buy it if it were possible

Check pawn shops. I found a disc only copy at a pawn shop a couple of years ago for $5. I then ordered the manual and case inserts from the atlus website for a couple of bucks.

[quote name='secretvampire']Don't use a reserve, they are poison. Just put a high BIN on it with what you would like to get and the starting price very close to that. Yes, you pay a bit more on fees, but .01 auctions are WAAAAAAY overrated. They usually go for a lot less than a good BIN auction.[/QUOTE]

Great idea. I have it set at $150 starting bid/$200 BIN, and scheduled it to start tonight at 5 pm sharp.

Nice find!

I have a sealed Xbox game (not worth anything) but its pissing me off cos the disc fell off the spindle in the case and its rattling around loose in there... makes me crazy! lol

Good auction, but you might want to specific a bit more clearly what the "damage" to the case and insert are, so people don't think it's just a crack on the case.

[quote name='secretvampire']Good auction, but you might want to specific a bit more clearly what the "damage" to the case and insert are, so people don't think it's just a crack on the case.[/QUOTE]

Done, just to be safe.

bread's done
Back