What should I do?

angrywolf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I had a bunch of items up for auction on eBay, mostly videogames, and some guy bid and won three of them. He then sends me this message:

I'm terribly sorry, but one of the people who has bought one of my items has been having bank trouble. Therefor, I will not receive payment from them until Friday the 11th. If I don't get the payment to you by then, feel free to re-list the items. Once again, I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience.
:bomb: What should I do?

[quote name='angrywolf']I had a bunch of items up for auction on eBay, mostly videogames, and some guy bid and won three of them. He then sends me this message:

:bomb: What should I do?[/quote]

Wait til the 11th and see if he pays, if not on the 12th, send him an unpaid item strike, you get your money back.

You can get 2 of those a month without them being banned, so hes okay.

Youll get your money back that way sooner -_-V

Then relist them on the 12th.

Easy.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Wait til the 11th and see if he pays, if not on the 12th, send him an unpaid item strike, you get your money back.

You can get 2 of those a month without them being banned, so hes okay.

Youll get your money back that way sooner -_-V

Then relist them on the 12th.

Easy.[/quote]

Thanks, didn't know you could do that.

Well you have to wait a week to file the non paying bidder complaint and then you have to wait an additional week (at least) after that where the buyer has a chance to finally pay.

If he uses that account to sell (which sounds like he does) I wouldn't be surprised a bit if he ends up paying after you file the NPB complaints. So that means you shouldn't relist them until the full 2 week process runs it's course.

Alternatively you can see if he'd like to mutually agree not to complete the sale (you get your FVF back he doesn't get a strike) which you can do as soon as you'd both agree I think. This is an option when you go to the screen on eBay to cancel a sale/open a NPB complaint.

Or you can just forget about giving him a strike and relist them.

I had a similar situation before Xmas and offered to mutually agree not to complete the sale right away so I could relist my stuff before the holiday. The person stalled on that so I eventually filed a NPB complaint and they paid a couple days after that. So it was 10-11 days before I got paid, but I did eventually. He paid on Xmas day IIRC.

I get really annoyed by people like this and somebody that also sells stuff should know better. He has a guy that isn't paying him, so that makes it okay for him not to pay you? :roll:

[quote name='wubb']I get really annoyed by people like this and somebody that also sells stuff should know better. He has a guy that isn't paying him, so that makes it okay for him not to pay you? :roll:[/quote]

Thank you for the information! Up until now every single one of my auctions (over 150 of them) have been without problems until this one, so I didn't know these options were available. I thought the same thing, I don't understand why people bid on stuff if they can't or don't intend to pay. :bomb:

We'll see what happens.

bread's done
Back