What should I do......

Prepster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Ok so 2 weeks ago I bought the sega dreamcast fishing controller and 2 dreamcast fishing games sealed off ebay.....

And today i get them in the mail and I get 1 game and the fishing controller, but heres the kicker they were new and sealed yet they were for Playstation 1...

So heres the link to the auction and you tell me if I was the one that screwed up...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8239491392&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

So what should I do about this??

Contact the seller and give them a chance to make things right first since it might have been an honest mistake (still shouldn't have happened). Then if that doesn't work, do a Paypal chargeback or credit card chargeback

Well you could get upset because the auction doesn't say anything but rather only pictures the dreamcast version. On the other hand a brand new 1st party dreamcast fishing controller for $15 is a pretty good deal.

Try and get the right stuff from the seller. Just be glad you're not me, I payed around 130 bucks for those 2 games and the controller when they first came out.

I really wanted them when they first came out but held off on getting them because it was too much money. I got the Sega fishing rod for $10 at Toys R Us along with Sega Bass Fishing 1 in 2001 I think for $10 each and Marine Fishing for $5.50 at Target also in 2001.

I think in 2003 I saw the rod for $0.98 at Toys R Us and saw Bass Fishing for $1 at KB in October. Crazy how "worthless" it is now (monetary wise I mean)

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Try and get the right stuff from the seller. Just be glad you're not me, I payed around 130 bucks for those 2 games and the controller when they first came out.[/QUOTE]

I paid full price for all this stuff aswell. This was supposed to be a gift to my little cuzin and this seller decided to send me the wrong dam thing.

I already tried contacting him earlier today and he has yet to reply. But thanks everyone for the replies so soon. I will keep everyone updated on what happens.

I wouldn't give him more than 24 hours to respond, he's a business with over 1800 items listed so of course it isn't some small time seller just trying to get rid of stuff. What they should do since it was a gift is to send you the correct items out right away so you get them in time (like through Priority Mail) and then after you get them, return the worng items (at the seller's expense because it was there fault)

Unrelated but I was looking at some of their items and shipping is ridiculous. $11.50 shipping for 1 Gamecube game?! $2 discount on multiple items so 2 console games would be over $20 in shipping!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wouldn't give him more than 24 hours to respond, he's a business with over 1800 items listed so of course it isn't some small time seller just trying to get rid of stuff. What they should do since it was a gift is to send you the correct items out right away so you get them in time (like through Priority Mail) and then after you get them, return the worng items (at the seller's expense because it was there fault)

Unrelated but I was looking at some of their items and shipping is ridiculous. $11.50 shipping for 1 Gamecube game?! $2 discount on multiple items so 2 console games would be over $20 in shipping![/QUOTE]

Alright, I will see if he responds by noon tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Btw his shipping is high, but I was willing to do it since I really wanted to get my cousin the fishing controller and games in time for xmas. Hopefully the seller isnt a dick and will send out the correct items first.

Well, he just sent me a message back telling me he is really sorry, and said he is going to overnight the correct items asap. Also he said I can keep the playstation 1 game and controller for the trouble. Ended up being a honest mistake. Thanks again everyone for the help.

Wow, sounds like a great seller.

Looking at his FB he seems to be a slow shipper in general. Hopefully he gets off his ass and actually does overnight it today or tomorrow.

[quote name='shrike4242']Over 100K feedback? :shock:

Whoa.[/QUOTE]

back in the day parrothead88 on ebay had one of the most feedbacks there. i think he still does. he has about 70 some grand but he also has another account around 40 grand. i used to envy him in 1998 :)

much respect for the very few that have over 100k.

bread's done
Back