What should I pay for a used PSP?

mombbsmj

CAG Newbie
I play a lot of handheld games and love my ds lite. I am thinking of getting a PSP because there are finally games out that I am interested in playing. I have been looking on Craigslist for a used one and discovered that I have no idea how much I should expect to pay for one. I don't know if I care if it's the slim or phat version, I just want to play games. I know I want the screen in excellent condition which is a concern on a used system which is why I was thinking craigslist for a local transaction. Or should I just save up and buy a new system?

If you think you are going to use it a lot, you should just get a new one. You'll need a memory stick as well, so the daxter bundle isn't a bad option. Or you could wait for the God of War bundle or even the Madden bundle.

You never know what a used PSP went through before being put up for sale.

Buy new just for the possibilty to exchange a "defective" unit (too many stuck or dead pixels?) and having the safety of a 1 year Sony warranty.

The build quality of the PSP Slim isn't as nice as the Phat, but you're not likely to find the 1001 series anymore in a retail store.

I agree with both Ryukahn and Hibiwa. You never know what you will get from a used model as far as the stuck pixel issue. I highly recommend the God Of War bundle(although it does not come with a memory card). I picked one up yesterday at Circuit City using this $40 off a $199 purchase coupon.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185026

The coupon does say on it that copies are not accepted and that it cannot be used on gaming systems, but it worked for me and several other CAGs as you can see from reading that thread.

It knocks the price of the brand new bundle down to $159.99. If you purchased a used refurb PSP and a used copy of God of War from EB, it would cost $164.98. Try the coupon and go for a new one!!

bread's done
Back