What show do you wish would come back from being cancelled?

Futurama all the way. Fox sucks by cancelling all the good shows without giving them a chance. Their strategy is A. cancel great shows or B. Copy off other shows. If it weren't for Simpsons, Trading Spouses, or House, I would never watch FOX and keep my VCR set to CBS, the best channel

Wow, I see mentions of Dark Angel, Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. I would love to see those shows come back.

Ones that haven't been mentioned that I'd like to see come back are:
Birds of Prey
Forever Knight
Friday the 13th The Series
John Doe (this one I was really pissed at, had a real good cliffhanger of an ending for season 1, and they killed it, DAMN YOU FOX!!!)

And of course the one that got the ax after filming 6 episodes for the second season

Tru Calling

Interesting observation: You guys are all listing shows basically cancelled in the last 6 years (except ofr Quantum Leap and a few others).....nothing older.

I mean...where's the KOJAK love!?!?! :)

No MERV GRIFFIN fans in the house!? :D

When they bring back AUTOMAN, I'll know the end of the world is coming. FOr those of you who don't know what AUTOMAN is, you clearly weren't around in the mid 1980's :)

Oh i know Tales From the Crypt needs to definatly come back. Or atleast some type of show like it. Now what i dont get is its the perfect time to bring it back i mean how many millions of people have subscribed to HBO on just the Sopranos alone and with it going to be the last season and all they need somethin else.

Futurama
Family Guy
Married with Children.......but this couldn't come back, it would be near to impossible........mabey they could have a spin-off....YEA, WITH TONY DANZA AND ROSEANNE!!!!! ........................................................................................................................................na, scratch that idea!

[quote name='HeadRusch']Interesting observation: You guys are all listing shows basically cancelled in the last 6 years (except ofr Quantum Leap and a few others).....nothing older.

I mean...where's the KOJAK love!?!?! :)

No MERV GRIFFIN fans in the house!? :D

When they bring back AUTOMAN, I'll know the end of the world is coming. FOr those of you who don't know what AUTOMAN is, you clearly weren't around in the mid 1980's :)[/quote]

I was thinking of saying Newsradio, but with phil hartman dead and the rest of the cast on such successful new shows (except for Andy Dick and his lame-o friday show) it's unlikey to be as good

[quote name='MrBrando']farscape, though they did get that mini-series I would have liked a whole season to end the show.[/quote]

YES

Farscape
Aeon Flux
Invader Zim

I will rule you all with an iron fist... You - respect the fist!

[quote name='ZarathosNY']Wow, I see mentions of Dark Angel, Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. I would love to see those shows come back.

Ones that haven't been mentioned that I'd like to see come back are:
Birds of Prey
Forever Knight
Friday the 13th The Series
John Doe (this one I was really pissed at, had a real good cliffhanger of an ending for season 1, and they killed it, DAMN YOU FOX!!!)

And of course the one that got the ax after filming 6 episodes for the second season

Tru Calling[/quote]

So you like vampires, huh? =P

I think they should bring back Perfect Strangers and Alf. Booyah.

Ed

Although, the show was starting to take a turn for the worse. I think that had to do with the cast/crew knowing it was ending though.

Mr. Sterling

even though it got like 2 or 3 episodes I thought it was a wonderful show.

Chris

There's a reason a lot of these shows were cancelled... there was no one watching them. Don't blame FOX or others for cancelling the shows, they need to find shows that have higher viewing levels or they would go out of business.

[quote name='greendj27']There's a reason a lot of these shows were cancelled... there was no one watching them. Don't blame FOX or others for cancelling the shows, they need to find shows that have higher viewing levels or they would go out of business.[/quote]

Invader Zim had a huge cult following, but Nick didn't want another controversial show when they know that kids will watch whatever fairy godmother or rocket ranger crap show they throw up on their channel. Nick choose to forego the big potential in Zim so that they could avoid fighting govt censorship (the FBI was already on their backs about the negative parodies, remember that close of the series came at the height of 9/11 paranoia) and Nick also got to avoid the work in figuring out how to cross-market to kids and a newer cult-following adult audience.

So yes, I can blame the TV execs for lack of guts and foresight, even where money is concerned.

Don't get me started about FOX...

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='greendj27']There's a reason a lot of these shows were cancelled... there was no one watching them. Don't blame FOX or others for cancelling the shows, they need to find shows that have higher viewing levels or they would go out of business.[/quote]

Invader Zim had a huge cult following, but Nick didn't want another controversial show when they know that kids will watch whatever fairy godmother or rocket ranger crap show they throw up on their channel. Nick choose to forego the big potential in Zim so that they could avoid fighting govt censorship (the FBI was already on their backs about the negative parodies, remember that close of the series came at the height of 9/11 paranoia) and Nick also got to avoid the work in figuring out how to cross-market to kids and a newer cult-following adult audience.

So yes, I can blame the TV execs for lack of guts and foresight, even where money is concerned.

Don't get me started about FOX...[/quote]

Notice I never said "every" show in my post. I was just saying that a lot of the shows being mentioned had hardly any viewers. Don't worry about Fox though, i agree they suck. They need to stop copying their shows frome everyone else and come up with something original.

[quote name='tyecko']3-south[/quote]

:rofl: YES! I loved that show. They could just show re-runs or release it on DVD and I would be happy.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='camoor'][quote name='greendj27']There's a reason a lot of these shows were cancelled... there was no one watching them. Don't blame FOX or others for cancelling the shows, they need to find shows that have higher viewing levels or they would go out of business.[/quote]

Notice I never said "every" show in my post. I was just saying that a lot of the shows being mentioned had hardly any viewers. Don't worry about Fox though, i agree they suck. They need to stop copying their shows frome everyone else and come up with something original.[/quote]

They do have original shows, but they cancel them before they can get an audience. (ie Wonderfalls)

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='camoor'][quote name='greendj27']There's a reason a lot of these shows were cancelled... there was no one watching them. Don't blame FOX or others for cancelling the shows, they need to find shows that have higher viewing levels or they would go out of business.[/quote]

Notice I never said "every" show in my post. I was just saying that a lot of the shows being mentioned had hardly any viewers. Don't worry about Fox though, i agree they suck. They need to stop copying their shows frome everyone else and come up with something original.[/quote]

Some shows need time to develop. There are plenty of shows that took a while before they became big. Shows like MASH, Cheers and even Seinfeld took time to become hits. Thank God Cheers and Seinfeld didn't start on FOX.

[quote name='ZarathosNY'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='camoor'][quote name='greendj27']There's a reason a lot of these shows were cancelled... there was no one watching them. Don't blame FOX or others for cancelling the shows, they need to find shows that have higher viewing levels or they would go out of business.[/quote]

Some shows need time to develop. There are plenty of shows that took a while before they became big. Shows like MASH, Cheers and even Seinfeld took time to become hits. Thank God Cheers and Seinfeld didn't start on FOX.[/quote]

Very good point ZarathosNY. Married with Children which started on Fox wasn't the over night success like other shows but thank god they didn't cancel that one early on like they did with all of these other shows. Sometimes it takes a season for the writers to get all of the kinks out of the series or get used to writing for that series. But in today's "I want money and I want it now" world, lots of quality gets cut out for crap the gets people's attention for 2 minutes like most of these reality t.v. shows.

Thought of some more.
Beyond Bizarre. I know that sometimes they show re-runs of it on Sci-fi channel and the show is just awesome. It reminds me a lot of a Ripley's: Believe It or Not mixed with the paranormal and aliens.
The Outer Limits (the color version of it)
The Twillight ZOne (new one from UPN)
Forever Knight (I believe this was that one detective vampire show.)
Highlander

[quote name='"hiccupleftovers"'][quote name='"ZarathosNY"'][quote name='"greendj27"'][quote name='camoor'][quote name='greendj27']There's

Some shows need time to develop. There are plenty of shows that took a while before they became big. Shows like MASH, Cheers and even Seinfeld took time to become hits. Thank God Cheers and Seinfeld didn't start on FOX.[/quote]

Very good point ZarathosNY. Married with Children which started on Fox wasn't the over night success like other shows but thank god they didn't cancel that one early on like they did with all of these other shows. Sometimes it takes a season for the writers to get all of the kinks out of the series or get used to writing for that series. But in today's "I want money and I want it now" world, lots of quality gets cut out for crap the gets people's attention for 2 minutes like most of these reality t.v. shows.[/quote]

Married with Children got a chance on FOX because that was when FOX was first starting out and they only had Married and the Simpsons. Now, they don't give a show a decent shot of really developing.

Yes, Forever Knight was the vampire detective show.

I wish the Flash had never been cancelled. It actually wasn't due to poor ratings. At the time it was one of the most popular shows on CBS.

A fire broke out at the studios where they filmed after an earthquake. It destroyed several sets, props, and costumes. CBS decided that the cost and time to restart production wasn't worth it. SO they cut it short.

One thing that set it apart was that it was one of the few superhero shows that featuresd actual super villans. For some reason most shows like the Hulk or even Smallville refuse to go all out with costumed villians. The Flash never had that problem.

I blame reality TV. Fox (and the others) realize(s) that they can make more money by spending $50k/episode for another crappy reality series than spending at least 5x that for a basic show with some special effects. If there isn't an instant payoff, they cancel the show to avoid burning more money.

I for one would like them to bring back anything Jim Henson related, including:

Alf
Dinosaurs
Fraggle Rock
The Storyteller
The Muppet Show (old or new)

I had forgotten about Fastlane. That was a cool show.

I wish Angel had lasted a few more seasons. Buffy wasn't that good its last season, but Angel was still going strong IMO.

Some obscure ones in here but they need to come back to life please!

MacGyver
Home Movies
LEXX
Invader Zim
Mission Hill
Reboot
Batman Beyond
MTV Spiderman
Is Jeremiah on Showtime cancelled? If so, then it is on the list too.
Crow: Stairway to Heaven
Two Stupid Dogs
Tick animated

Millenium and Twin Peaks. Although Millenium would probably do pretty well in today's market, if they stuck with the storylines of the first season and made it more a "serial-killer-of-the-week" formula with weird supernatural undertones.

Jeremy

[quote name='thater']Some obscure ones in here but they need to come back to life please!

MacGyver
[/quote]

The Wb was working on a young Macguyver show about McGuyver's nephew I think. Not sure if it is still in development though.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='PAS/CAL']Andy Richter Controls the Universe[/quote]

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.[/quote]

Agreed.

Titus. without question. how does that show get cancelled and two and a half men still manage to come on?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='MisterFunktastic']I'd like to see Titus come back, why does Fox cancel all the good shows.[/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking as I saw this topic. Titus was great.[/quote]Agreed!! Also I would like to see UCB back on Comedy Central, they have so many crap shows now.

Of course Twin Peaks!!!!

Even the short lived On the Air.

PLAYMAKERS!!!!!!

I just happened to rent the DVDs the other day and this show is awesome. As far as cartoons, I'd go with ExoSquad. The end of the show was good but it left it really open for a new series.

bread's done
Back