What size 360 hard drive should I buy?

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!
So I still have my old 20gb model xbox360 (I know!) and with GTA 5 coming out, along with other games that have installs and mountains of dlc I want/will buy, I've come to the decision that I am in dire need of upgrading my storage unit.  I have tons of GS credit just waiting to be spent, and I'm debating between a 60gb and a 120gb, both of which have gotten price drops already to $24 for the 60, and $32 for the 120gb.

As a bonus, if any of you could speak to the ease of transferring accounts and data from one hard drive to the next via usb sticks, I would be super stoked.

Thanks so much in advance for any and all assistance!

I'd go for the 120gb one. $8 more for 2x more space is always worth it, plus you should have a nice amount of space to work with.

You could buy a 250gb off eBay for roughly $60.

I bought just the pre flash drive for 35-45 and swapped out my 20gb from the casing. I've done this twice for both my 360s. 

As far as tranferring goes, just move your saves and profile to the stick and then redownload everything else. Just make a list of everything you need to download again. Saves on confusion. You could also view your purchase history from Xbox.com and mark it all for download from there and let it all download in the background.

Beware the vast majority of the old style 250 GB HDD's on EBay are refurbs/Chinese knockoff drives that work fine on 360 but don't have all of the features of the official retail version (no backwards compatibility, etc.)

I stayed away from that backwards compatibility stuff due to the fact that not all games are supported and some don't work properly.

You would be surprised at how good the original Xbox looks with component (red, white, green, blue) cables, some games actually run in 720p

I would get the max. size you can get. If you end up not using your GS credit for it. You can buy even larger on Ebay, even if they are "knockoffs" you can easily buy a sata transfer cable and fix the BC and makes it easier to move files, as of course harddrives don't last forever.

bread's done
Back