What store are on your ban list?

Soodmeg

CAGiversary!
While setting up a gig today I found that we were missing a vital part, left at the shop, stolen, misplaced etc we needed to get a new one fairly quickly.

My boss and I left to find a store that would carry them and stumbled across a Best Buy near by. When I pointed it out he became so irate that you would have thought Best Buy slept with his wife.....and sister on the same night. We wound up drying 20 min to a mom and pop electronic store and getting one there.

I have never seen a person hate a store so much. It was kinda odd because I dont have any stores that I am boycotting and kinda find it odd to hate an entire chain of non food stores. (Getting sick from any restaurant is more than enough to ban the entire chain)

It got me wondering about the people of CAG, since we visit many stores looking for that perfect deal. Does anyone have a store that they just flat out refuse to go to even if the deal is good?

I havent banned best buy but I dislike going there because every time I go in there is always like 30, 20-somethings in circles talking to each other while several customers wander aimlessly around them. Its the one store that doesnt even fake like they care about you as a shopper. I useally know exactly what I want so I dont need them anyway.

EDIT Yeah, I know I forgot the s on stores in the title.

K-Mart is getting there for me. Nearly every time I want to get in on one of the K-mart deals, I go there, and they either have no one to help you, have no item(s) in stock, or some other bs excuse. I gave up on them for about two months after Christmas and found myself back in there recently, looking for a game from the K-Mart thread. 10 minutes and no game later, I left again, telling myself that I'll just buy whatever I want on Amazon next time.

Toys R Us. I called to check on a deal, called back later (as the person on the phone told me to do), and she yelled at me. It's alright though, they don't usually have good deals anyway.

Don't think there are any myself. Only store that I don't go to around here is Blockbuster but that's because A) I'm not a movie person and B) it's a franchise store, not corporate so it doesn't do the B1G1 and such.

I dont have that i absolutely won't go to but Best Buy and Gamestop I avoid if I have any other alternative.

Actually, scratch that. Walmart I refuse to go to.

Toys R Us, because I worked there. They fired me because this girl who refused to do any work, put in her two weeks on her second night there and constantly complained about having the worst job ever pretended I called her a name so she could go home early one night. Guess who didn't show up for her next shift?

I don't ever got into Gamestop unless it's because my 8 year old nephew wants to go look around. Otherwise I don't step foot in that store and I never buy anything there anymore.

Wal-Mart is on the same level I only go there if I need something now and no other stores carry it but usually I can get it at Target or something. I dislike Wal-Mart on so many levels. For one, the associates are usually very unfriendly and extremely unhelpful at my local store. Secondly, the other people I run into at that store just amaze me, no wonder there is a site dedicated to them. The store is usually pretty filthy & dirty, especially the bathrooms which I only enter upon an emergency situation (Very rare since I don't hardly ever go to the store). Many of the prices on Blu-Rays / Video Games rarely drop from MSRP or close to it even when other stores are selling it for about 50% less. I'm sure there are more reasons but that's just a few for now.

bread's done
Back