What Store/City are you buying your Wii at on Launch?

[quote name='lebowsky']Getting mine (I have a voucher) at the local Wal-Mart Supercenter. They had 20 units and I was 18th in line. I showed up at 1:00 pm just to check things out and ended up staying until the end.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I have my voucher. I already stopped by Gamestop and bought Monkey Ball and Call of Duty 3. Also, my pants are about to explode with excitement.

Toys R Us, suburban St. Louis, 9 am Sunday. (I got in on last Sunday's second round of pre-orders.)

I drove by a Best Buy in St. Louis on my way out of church this evening and saw a line of folks, probably 10-12, waiting in the cold for the Wii. They looked frozen. My wife commented to me that she would never wait in the cold for something like that. Given the circumstances, she has a point.

In any event, I'll just wait an extra 9 hours and get the preorder first thing in the morning.

I have my preorder at the Toys R Us in Cedar Rapids Iowa. I was number 10 of 10 preorders in the first batch. I called twice and talked to two different people, it looks like they are going to be opening at 8 AM tomorrow so it's going to be an early morning for me.
I did see a line of around 20-25 people at my local Wal Mart tonight. I felt sorry for them since Wal Mart was making them wait outside. No one was in the line at my local Target.

[quote name='jezebelseven']The one and the same. I wouldn't be entirely suprised if I come home with a bullet hole in my body instead of a wii. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at all nervous about going.
[/QUOTE]

Not that anyone was concerned, I have no bullet holes. There was a cop outside nearly the whole time who came in while we were all rung out, the hours waiting for wii were spent playing wii, 360, and ps2 (The guys were nice enough to let us play some of the used games so we could swap out games, and they also let us play Tony Hawk as well as Excite Truck on the wii), eating oreos, chips, and soda, and watching Hoodwinked on the overhead tv. They also had a random security guard in there, who didn't do a lot of guarding, more drinking sodas with us and browsing the shelves. Ah well, whatever scares off the idiots with guns, right?

Well, got mine from the Toys R Us in Deptford, NJ at around 2AM. Showed up just before 9PM, so it wasn't that long of a wait, and I got to play Mario Kart DS with a lot of people.

People hoping to hit Daly City (Serramonte) / Colma / San Bruno (Tanforan), CA Target are out of luck.

As of 2:30-3 AM:

Serramonte: Was surprised to be 3rd in line. Then the store manager comes by and says that people were lined up since 6 am on Saturday and the last vouchers or wristbands or whatever were given out long ago. He said this as he was putting up new signs that said they're sold out, because supposedly the last batch of people torn down his signs.

I wasn't listening to him very well because I thought he was kidding, but then it became apparent that he was serious. Ouch. This Target was supposed to get 210 units, too.

Colma: 120 allocated, well over that amount in line.

Tanforan: 60 allocated, about 70 people in line at 3 AM.

Now I feel kinda shitty for passing on that Amazon Kid's Bundle last night.

I just got back from Sears at the parks in Arlington Texas. Me and 2 nephews went there, there was 2 others in front of us and then a 3rd person came. We waited about 2 hours before we were given vouchers so we can come back at 9a.m. and pick it up.

Sears only had 5 Wii's, the 2 in front of me decided to get them both since nobody else came and I decided to get a 2nd for another nephew.

bread's done
Back