What stores do you buy your clothes for cheap?

I get a lot of my stuff from Fossil.

Check out the clearance section, it's pretty reasonably priced.

Express also runs sales constantly, but I don't like their flashy stuff.

H&M is really cheap if you're looking for some plain color tshirts, but they also have a lot of goofy stuff.

Old Navy sells solid-color shirts for $5 every now and then, usually $7 or so. Not as good of a fit or quality as American Eagle, but cheaper and gets the job done if you need cheap shirts.

[quote name='Pookymeister']TJ Maxx/Marshall's etc.[/QUOTE]

+1

Also, not exactly stylish but K-Mart has decent Polos and button ups for 5-15 dollars (I wear them for work).

[quote name='Msut77']+1

Also, not exactly stylish but K-Mart has decent Polos and button ups for 5-15 dollars (I wear them for work).[/QUOTE]

I get the same shirts for work. They also have decent work pants for $11

[quote name='mtxbass1']Target for basic workout gear. Banana Republic for most anything else. Occasionally Dillards...[/QUOTE]

I suppose a term like cheap is relative, but Dillards??

Target has a surprisingly good and relatively cheap selection. Great for jeans, basic Ts, socks, underwear and exercise gear, occasionally has some worthwhile nicer stuff, too.

Am I the only one that thinks it amusing that someone named Too Much Coolness is asking where to buy cheap clothes?

Online at Kohls, Old Navy, Sears. Only thing that sucks is if you find something nice on their sites, it's always out of stock and they never get more in, just keep the item up until a seasonal purge.

I Usually buy pants from Wal-Mart or Target, but shirt and hoodie wise I get from either shows or online (usually Threadless or any band shirts I like). I Use to scour the Hot Topic clearance two or three years back, but I feel I've gotten to the point where I'm too old for that now. Plus I just hate some of the merch and stuff there now.

Man, I do sound old.

[quote name='Rocko']Old Navy sells solid-color shirts for $5 every now and then, usually $7 or so. Not as good of a fit or quality as American Eagle, but cheaper and gets the job done if you need cheap shirts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Old Navy shirts are decent for 'no frills' clothing!...and Old Navy is running a B2G1 sale this weekend, it applies to everything in store as far as I can tell.

I shop Salvation Army and Goodwill, especially for underwear. At least then you don't have to bother shit staining them yourself.;):booty:

Kidding.
Or am I?;)

Seriously though, I have more than enough clothes right now, but I used to have to shop from those specialty mail order places like King Size n shit cuz an XXL shirt in Target/Kmart shrinks like crazy and is more like a medium once ya wash it.

And no, I'm not 400lbs, more like 220-ish.:cry:

For men, Target and Old Navy are good choices.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Target for basic workout gear. Banana Republic for most anything else. Occasionally Dillards...[/QUOTE]
ProTip: Banana Republic should only be considered cheap by trophy wives.

Target ,KMart and Sears. I usually check the clearance areas and always find cheap clothes at the end of a season. I remember in September 2009, Sears had all of their clearance clothes that were $4.99 or less marked down to $0.99 and I got a lot of shorts that were $25 - $32 for $0.99 each. KMart also has a lot of good end of season clearances where they mark everything down to $1.99 and $2.99. For Target, I just check to see what is 75% off when I am there.

Foot locker/Finish line, those type of stores sometimes sells 4-5 solid color tees for $20. I got a couple of those. I don't like to buy too many 'cheap clothes' if I have to wear them out for a social event because after a wash or two, they look so run down. I hate polos, shirts, etc. that look worn out. Yechh..

I rarely buy clothes but I like to get somewhat affordable quality over cheap stuff. No expert, but some store advice:

T-shirts -> American Apparel. Super comfortable, any color you want, great fit if you're in shape or skinny. $20 a pop. Best tees out there.

V-Necks -> J.Crew. Can't say I have much to compare with, but these are nice ($25 each).

Shoes -> Your basic Converse Chucks. $35-$50. I'm looking into getting some super colorful custom Nikes but not sure if that's a good recommendation =p.

Clarks Desert boots also look baller and look better the dirtier they get ($100).

Jeans -> this may sound out there but people should look into getting raw denim jeans. there are a ton of brands and fits, you just have to research (most are sold online unless you live in cali, chi, or NYC). A solid pair runs around $175+, but they are pretty sick and will last years. The denim is not distressed like most jeans you buy in a dept store, so the fades come in as you wear them -- ends up looking cooler the more you wear them. Not supposed to wash them for at least 6 months too ;)

Best piece of clothing I've ever bought and I'm pretty cheap. Otherwise the best alternative is Levi jeans. 514s are the way to go, 511s are good if you want skinny. ~$40, found at most dept stores.

Formal Shirts -> Brooke's Brothers. Wait for a sale :cold:

Casual Dress Shirts -> not much experience here, I just J.Crew. $60-75.

[quote name='Pookymeister']TJ Maxx/Marshall's etc.[/QUOTE]

This for jeans and shorts, Wal-Mart for socks, underwear and undershirts. I buy t-shirts online and usually buy shoes at Shoe Carnival (I like spinning the wheel, haha).

My style is punk/industrial, so I don't go for flashy clothes, but I shop the clearance sections of:

JCPenny
Kohls
Target
Old Navy
Kmart
Wal-Mart

Old Navy or Wal-Mart mostly. All I ever wear is generic polos (the kind you dont tuck in) or short sleeve dress shirts for work. I wouldnt pay over $10 for those.

On days off I just wear plain one color T shirts Hanes or whatever. get a bag of 6 of em for $8.

Wal-Mart usually has khaki's or dress pants for $8-$10 or so. Makes you wonder how little someone gets paid an hour in order to sell pants for $10, but I need pants.

I also wear clothes for like 5-10 years until the fall apart too.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Target for basic workout gear. Banana Republic for most anything else. [/QUOTE]

Similar shopping habits here.

old navy for jeans, hoodies, belts, and kohls for just about everything else. apt9@Kohls has some decent looking shit for cheap, just picked up a baller purple tie for a wedding this weekend 20$ and 30% off an ad they send out.

www.plndr.com

Lots of cheap stuff. I buy from them fairly often, but if you're looking for big name brands, look elsewhere. Good urban clothes though. Plus, you get $10 credit after your first purchase, and they change the sales like every week day or so.

And yes, that is a ref link. You have to sign up to use the site, and
I only get money if somebody buys something, so it's not like signing up will throw gobs of cash into my account unfortunately.
... Yeah. Take a peek.

If you really look most of the stores have decent deals on clothes. I like to wear my Aeropostle, Hollister shirts and each have their sales if you keep your eyes open. Aero usually runs a $5 shirt sale around going back to school times and each of their clearance racks have quite the deals.

[quote name='dodgeme']If you really look most of the stores have decent deals on clothes. I like to wear my Aeropostle, Hollister shirts and each have their sales if you keep your eyes open. Aero usually runs a $5 shirt sale around going back to school times and each of their clearance racks have quite the deals.[/QUOTE]

I just can't shop at those place for some reason. The closest I'll go to is Old Navy. Maybe it's the nerd in me going back to High School who associates those places with the "cool kids." :lol:

[quote name='QiG']I suppose a term like cheap is relative, but Dillards??[/QUOTE]

What about them? They have plenty in there for reasonable prices. I just bought some nice $75 polo shirts yesterday for $30. That's cheap to me.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']For men, Target and Old Navy are good choices.

ProTip: Banana Republic should only be considered cheap by trophy wives.[/QUOTE]

Protip: You can find some pretty good quality stuff in there for cheap if you look.

I'm not going to spend more than $10 for a shirt and not more than $15 for a pair of jeans or slacks. I'm not fashionable, and i don't care where my clothes come from or what labels they have on them.

[quote name='mtxbass1']What about them? They have plenty in there for reasonable prices. I just bought some nice $75 polo shirts yesterday for $30. That's cheap to me.[/QUOTE]

Point taken, I made that comment based on what I see msrp is on most of the things there. $30 is cheap for a quality polo but if you have to catch a sale for that pricing, I stand by my view the store itself isn't cheap.

Its nice to have the Old Navys of the world to grab things on the cheap, but I consider stores like that to be selling disposable clothing. A lot of the things I've bought there were just completely trashed within a few months of wear and don't hold their shape after a few laundry cycles... which is compounded by the fact that everything seems to be cut for fat people as well. As a teller person, I should be able to wear XL for the legnth but I always opt for L because I don't want to be swimming in it or having it double as a parachute.

These days I hit Kohls or Marshalls because I'm really only concerned about being presentable over stylish at this point in my life and you can find some low end brand name clothes on the cheap.

majority of my clothes comes from jc penney. but i have shopped at ross, tj maxx, and macys. sometimes i buy at teefury and threadless. although shipping kills it.

but i recently bought something at H&M. i shall try kohls as well. i need some new clothes

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm not going to spend more than $10 for a shirt and not more than $15 for a pair of jeans or slacks. I'm not fashionable, and i don't care where my clothes come from or what labels they have on them.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause: I put up with the mocking from the 'cool' kids when I was in school when I didn't have the 'name brand' clothes.

If you're impressed by what someone is wearing and not who they are as a person, then you're a fuckin' snob imo and I refuse to associate with anyone like that.

[quote name='Vulgarism']www.plndr.com

Lots of cheap stuff. I buy from them fairly often, but if you're looking for big name brands, look elsewhere. Good urban clothes though. Plus, you get $10 credit after your first purchase, and they change the sales like every week day or so.

And yes, that is a ref link. You have to sign up to use the site, and
I only get money if somebody buys something, so it's not like signing up will throw gobs of cash into my account unfortunately.
... Yeah. Take a peek.[/QUOTE]

I joined and couldn't find the 10 credit for my first purchase. Cool stuff though.

Here's a tip if you guys didn't know. You can get a certain percentage off your purchase at a store if there's something wrong with it. I bought some nice shoes from Aldo or something and there was a scruff on it. Talked to them and got 15% off because they that's all they had. At SuperDry, got a jacket that was 40% off and an additional 10% because of a button missing. It may seem embarrassing but try it out to save a couple dollars.

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm not going to spend more than $10 for a shirt and not more than $15 for a pair of jeans or slacks. I'm not fashionable, and i don't care where my clothes come from or what labels they have on them.[/QUOTE]

Clothing with labels is generally considered kiddy past highschool.

Otherwise dress around your budget. It's nice to look nice.

I personally just like the jeans and shorts I get at those stores so I buy the shirts while I am there too as I am too lazy to go to other stores to get shirts. My sister started shopping at those stores as before that I was just a TjMaxx/Walmart buy whatever person. But then my mom started coming home with random things here and there and I ended up liking the jeans.

Here's something I find to be interesting: the bigger the label, the poorer and the more poser the wearer is. Check out Ralph Lauren Polo stuff. The pricier stuff has no logo on it at all. (Not that I wear RL. I'm just pointing out the big ass logos.)

That being said, clothes don't make the man but if you're young and single, you can't buy super cheap clothes. You're just asking for a lifetime of loneliness. Clothes are like video games, you don't have to buy them MSRP and you can be a savvy shopper. But if you're paying $10 for slacks at MSRP, then you need to step it up a few notches. It's absolutely not acceptable to wear cheap (as is poorly made) clothes. Two types of people can spot crappy clothes: Women can tell the difference, coworkers/bosses can tell the difference.

Of course, if you're a 38 year old virgin working at Blockbuster, then I guess what you wear doesn't matter at all.

[quote name='confoosious']Here's something I find to be interesting: the bigger the label, the poorer and the more poser the wearer is. Check out Ralph Lauren Polo stuff. The pricier stuff has no logo on it at all.

That being said, clothes don't make the man but if you're young and single, you can't buy super cheap clothes. You're just asking for a lifetime of loneliness. Clothes are like video games, you don't have to buy them MSRP and you can be a savvy shopper. But if you're paying $10 for slacks at MSRP, then you need to step it up a few notches. It's absolutely not acceptable to wear cheap (as is poorly made) clothes. Two types of people can spot crappy clothes: Women can tell the difference, coworkers/bosses can tell the difference.

Of course, if you're a 38 year old virgin working at Blockbuster, then I guess what you wear doesn't matter at all.[/QUOTE]

I never in my life have purchased expensive clothes and I ended up getting married and staying happily married.

[quote name='Superstar']I never in my life have purchased expensive clothes and I ended up getting married and staying happily married.[/QUOTE]

Good for you.

[quote name='Superstar']Just pointing out that your statement was false. :)[/QUOTE]

it's mostly true.

unless they think you're a project, women like men who can dress.

bread's done
Back