What story would you like seen into an anime?

Gden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
With Romeo x Juliet out of the way, what other old story/ children's story/ whatever would you like/love to see made into an anime? And, just for the helluvit, if you know much about the industry, whom would you like to see make it. For those of us who don't know a ton about it, be sure to mention stuff they've done.

What I'd like to see is Redwall made into an anime. Yes, we have a cartoon from Germany, but I'd love to see an anime, now from whom, I really don't know, since I don't know much about animes solely about animals.

[quote name='guinaevere']Atlas Shrugged. Granted, it'd be about a five season long series... that's a very long book.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading that in college. I thought that since the book was so long I'd get the audio cassettes from the library. It was 20 cassettes IIRC so I just went back to reading the book. :lol:

I'd like to see Zorro in anime form (I don't think it has been done before). I'd also like to see Robin Hood.

they need to do some xmen vs capcom vs snk type of shit. there are such good characters in all those games and i always thought it would make for such a good anime. Also a anime about break dancing would be so fucking epic. they have one but it was made in korea entitled hip hop. I have a few of the man hwas (manga in korea) but i want it animated and done much better. It is very good if you are into breaking.

[quote name='Msut77']Count Belisarius by Robert Graves.[/QUOTE]

I second that one

The Golden Ass
King Vikram and the Vampire
Carmillia

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy/Return of the Living Dead/Ginger Snaps...

I know, hitchhikers doesn't fit in with the other two, but all three would work as animes if you ask me.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Because I want to keep my job, what is The Golden Ass about?[/QUOTE]

dude who digs witchcraft accidentally ends up turning himself into a donkey. Probably the most influential book on Shakespeare (even though he sucked) with the way that Shakespeare used allegory with humor.

also, as close of a literal translation of Metamorphoses as you can get. But that might bore the crap out of people

Homer's Iliad, or in fact, the whole Trojan War. I can totally see them remaking it with mechs (Gundam, I'm looking at you).

Actually, the a lot of Greek mythology can be made into some decent anime series.

This thread reminds me. Time to go watch Romeo x Juliet. I was waiting for it to end so I can watch it all at once.

They should get ummm Toshifumi Takizawa? (the guy who did Samurai 7) to do a retelling of the Trojan War. They should then remake the Odyssey as a space odyssey opera (which I think actually was done by an american company called Odyssey 2124 or something, or homer, oh looked it up Ulysse 21, anyway).

Some unsuspected classics fans in here, quid agitis comites?

Let's see the Punic Wars as seen from the perspective of a Roman grunt 8)

The Song of Roland.

Gruesome battle scenes aplenty which would render very well into anime. I'm thinking a melding of Berserk, Blood: The Last Vampire and End of Evangelion for the visual style and action. Fast, smooth, modern action with serious style. Definitely want a somewhat surreal vibe to the visuals due to the religious elements, defer to EoE for this.

[quote name='fart_bubble']dude who digs witchcraft accidentally ends up turning himself into a donkey. Probably the most influential book on Shakespeare (even though he sucked) with the way that Shakespeare used allegory with humor.

also, as close of a literal translation of Metamorphoses as you can get. But that might bore the crap out of people[/QUOTE]

So, how do you think they'd do that whole prostitute banging a donkey scene? :lol:

[quote name='c0rnpwn']So, how do you think they'd do that whole prostitute banging a donkey scene? :lol:[/QUOTE]

dunno but hopefully they use the inside shot that Urotsukidoji made famous

I'd just like to see a new Gantz anime (or a continuation at least, pretending the last 5 eps didn't happen), maybe done by Madhouse (Death Note). I would trust them to animate it well and create a faithful illustration of the characters.

[quote name='AndrewCP']I'd just like to see a new Gantz anime (or a continuation at least, pretending the last 5 eps didn't happen), maybe done by Madhouse (Death Note). I would trust them to animate it well and create a faithful illustration of the characters.[/QUOTE]

I want the entire second season of Gantz dropped from the face of the Earth...

bread's done
Back