What System You Going to Go With Next Time?

I'd better be able to get an Okama Gamesphere by the next console generation. Provided that isn't available, Xbox Next, erm, 2, whatever.

Sony said they'd make their system have the power of 100 pentium 4 processors. If amazingly they can, wont it cost WAY too much money? I know they're not gonna make it have the power of 100 pentium fours.

I'm sure all the new systems will launch at $299.99 as is the precedence, Nintendos may launch cheaper though.

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']Sony said they'd make their system have the power of 100 pentium 4 processors. If amazingly they can, wont it cost WAY too much money? I know they're not gonna make it have the power of 100 pentium fours.[/quote]

It won't be that expensive by the time the console actually launches. Plus, a company almost always loses money on the actual console. It's the software where they recoup costs and turn a profit.

dont know. i dont want to get into the next generation of consoles too much. i wasted enough money on all 3 this generation..maybe ill only get one

Whatever Nintendo puts out, then it depends on games wether i pick up xbox or PS first. Im going to start collecting my systems now, so it may be a long time off before i pick up the later system

I wanted to get an xbox with the 200 bucks I got left over but I knew sister, and parents would get angry. Where'd I put it anyway?

I just want Xbox 2 so I can get games like Halo 2 ad Ninja Gaiden. If it didnt have backwords compatibility, I wouldn't buy it this time either.

I'll almost certainly get the PS3. I have a PS2 and a GC from this generation and I've found I don't have the time to get the most out of 2 systems. I have more PS2 games than GC games, and hardly ever even use the Cube anymore. My son does, but it will hold him through this next generation.

I won't be a launch day buyer this this time, though. I was apparently very lucky this time around, because the PS2 I bought the day the system launched has never given me any problems. Hearing about all the trouble so many other original PS2s have had, I feel like I really dodged a bullet. Next time around, I'll let Sony iron out all the bugs and maybe pick one up with the first price drop.

Im definetely waiting on the PS2. My thing had disc read problem and I bought another one. I really regret doing that.

Nintendo's is codenamed "Revolution" not GameSphere (yes I'm aware of the South Park episide :)). Anyway, I'll be getting Nintendo's first because GameCube is clearly my fav of the three right now.

[quote name='Ledhed']I'd better be able to get an Okama Gamesphere by the next console generation. Provided that isn't available, Xbox Next, erm, 2, whatever.[/quote]

You hear about that launch title Thrist For Blood? Looks awesome...

I bought all 3 of these gen consoles at launch price. :( I think I'll buy one to hold me over until the other two come way down in price. Probably will be the Xbox 2.

[quote name='beerguy961'][quote name='Ledhed']I'd better be able to get an Okama Gamesphere by the next console generation. Provided that isn't available, Xbox Next, erm, 2, whatever.[/quote]

You hear about that launch title Thrist For Blood? Looks awesome...[/quote]

huh whats that, and where are pics

I will buy the Xbox 2 at launch, pick up the PS3 after the first price drops and maybe the Nintendo product after the 2nd round of price drops depending on its library.

I will wait until the prices come down and see what games are available, etc. The only system that I ran out and bought when it first came out was the game boy advance a couple of years ago.

I think that Ill get the Xbox 2 first (as long as it has a strong launch lineup and a built in hard drive), and then wait for a price drop or two to get Sony's and Nintendo's systems. Ill be in college when the next gen systems are out, so it might be awhile before I get them all.

I'd say it's much too early to make any plans beyond the Nintendo DS. Everything else is vaporware or at the least lacking price and battery life data.

I don't think i'm going to be anywhere near caught up with my current backlog of games for at least two years, and that still leaves hundreds of games within this generation that are not yet in my library or have yet to be released. So I don't feel any great hurry. My TV is starting to show its age, too. It was quite high end for the mid-90's but that was long ago. Now that DLP resolution and prices are reaching the numbers I've long awaited I'm probably going to invest in a new screen before any new consoles.

Not sony first, that's for sure.

Bought Playstaion 1 the day it came out. Everyone knows all those were defective.

Bought Playstion 2. Started having trouble readiing disks. My friend who works at Gamestop says they all end up like that sooner or later . . .

Lesson learned :never buy anything Sony unless its been out for a while and has been remodled like PSOne, PS2+ for example .

I think Sony does it on purpose. A higher installed base means they can charge higher royalties. They inflate that number by making people buy more than one Playstation. How many people do you know that are on their second or third PS2?

If you buy Sony consoles soon after they come out, your're a sucker.

I will most likely be picking up the next Nintendo console first. And unless they start porting over Final Fantasy and MGS to Nintendo's console, it looks like I'm stuck buying a PS3 as well. Damn exclusives.

When the PS2 came out I waited in line forever to get it, I probably wont get any next generation systems when they come out as I will try to build my software collection up from this generation. However I'll probably buy the Xbox2 first.

PS3 at launch.

Xbox 2 / next-gen Nintendo when they drop in price and/or actually have more than 2 games I give a rats ass about.

It depends. The system that comes out with a game I really want will probably get me since it's too expensive to own them all.

For me I usually end up waiting at least a year or two for the new systems to be out and then I pick-up the system with the games I want the most. Of course in previous years I wasn't on CAG, so maybe I will score a cool deal and actually get one (Probably a PS3) within a year of release.

BTW: I just noticed it after I was done typing, but CAG seems like the name of a drug in this post.

It's really too early for me to say for sure but I'm leaning more towards the xbox 2 over the ps3. As far as Nintendo goes, my wife and I have our first baby due this December so maybe when he gets a little older (maybe 4 or 5) I'll hook him up with whatever nintendo console is out at the time.

I currently own a xbox and ps2. Fortunately, I didn't buy a ps2 until long after the initial release date.

So what was Sony's official response to it's customers with the defective ps2's? Were they willing to admit they were wrong and foot the repair bill or did they just say "Shaq fu on the customers, they'll buy another one" (in so many words)?

If I do pick up a first generation ps3 I'll probably dish out the extra cash for an in-store warranty. I despise buying those warranties and rarely do, but in this case I think prior history warrants it.

Xbox @ launch

PS3 maybe if it's cheap enough a year after launch and there's some games i really want.

Nintendo never, i'll wait until i can pick it up for 50 bucks like the gamecube

PS3 at lanch if there is a GTA game, otherwise I'll wait and get all 3 when the price drops on 'em and I'll pick them up used from pawn shops, which is the way I got all of the current systems....

[quote name='Danimal']I'll almost certainly get the PS3. I have a PS2 and a GC from this generation and I've found I don't have the time to get the most out of 2 systems. I have more PS2 games than GC games, and hardly ever even use the Cube anymore. My son does, but it will hold him through this next generation.

I won't be a launch day buyer this this time, though. I was apparently very lucky this time around, because the PS2 I bought the day the system launched has never given me any problems. Hearing about all the trouble so many other original PS2s have had, I feel like I really dodged a bullet. Next time around, I'll let Sony iron out all the bugs and maybe pick one up with the first price drop.[/quote]

You took the words out of my mouth. I have the exact same experience. I have all three but never use the gamecube or xbox as I have more PS2 games.

I was also given a PS2 from launch and it still works just fine. However, if the hype is huge for the PS3 (or any of the other consoles) like the PS2 was, I am definitely going to be a launch buyer and sell those consoles on ebay for double.

I'll have to see what launch and other early release titles will be available for each system before I decide. I am leaning right now towards the PS3, but I will need to see my game choices before I make my final decision.

Like some have mentioned, I will wait until after at lease one price drop before I pick up the other two systems.

I've still got quite a backlog of games from this gen to finish before I think too much about next Gen.

I will purchase Xbox 2, and PS3 at launch. For the first time, I think I'll pass on getting a Nintendo system.

I'll pass on buying the systems at launch. I have enough games in this generation, and I doubt I'll ever get through them.

That said, I'm almost certainly not buying the Xbox2. Revolution or the PS3 will be my choices.

bread's done
Back