What the crap, Fedex

gokou36

CAGiversary!
My nephew just ordered a new cpu, Fedex was out to deliver it while he was in the shower. Like 30mins later he went to check and saw a paper that said they(Fedex) dropped it off at his neighbor's house. His neighbors haven't been home for hours now so he didn't get it back yet.

Is Fedex even allowed to do this crap, dropping off your item to your neighbors? Has anyone had this happen before? I still can't believe they dropped it off to his neighbor's house instead of redelivering it another day.

They once delivered a package (about 14x8x3 inches) and it had a 5 inch wide hole in it!

WTF? I know it didn't have that hole before it shipped!

FedEx has taken a package to the office at my apartment complex without even coming to my apartment. I only knew cause I checked the tracking and it said the office signed for it. I don't care for FedEx too much.

There allowed to drop stuff off at nieghbors at your request but not randomly give a neighbor your package. I just tell them to drop it off at the front door if I don't get the door and they do.

Working tech support, had a guy tell me that Fedex *threw* his laptop over a fence when he couldn't get to a front door, giving it extensive physical damage.

On top of that, since it needed signature confirmation, he signed it "F. Door."

Deliciously evil.

I'm not a fan of fedex, there come at random times, they don't honk there horns and
they knock once and leave. UPS comes from 11am-2pm never later, they honk and they guy knocks pretty loud and actually tries to get my attention if i'm in the back of the house. Once I called UPS because I just missed him by 3 minutes and he came back. DHL sucks ass too, they just chuck the package on the porch and come have delivered to the wrong house 3 times.

[quote name='sisco1986']There allowed to drop stuff off at nieghbors at your request but not randomly give a neighbor your package. I just tell them to drop it off at the front door if I don't get the door and they do.[/QUOTE]

By request do you mean the 2nd attempt?

I saw the fedex guy throw my packages on the back porch. Apparently he didn't see me in the garden 15 feet away. Luckily it was only a game and a guide.

if i was a fedex guy i'd be punting boxes, throwing them like footballs, probably break a few over my knee just to reassure myself that i'm a badass.. etc.

Man, those drivers are jerks. They probably want to finish their route as quickly as they can, so that they can goof off. Not all drivers are like that. At least my sister isn't. Luckily the drivers around here are friends and they don't mess around with my packages.

Wow...I've never had any problems with FEDEX. Always on time, box in good condition, etc. for me. UPS on the other hand...they've broken things I've sent out, done drop-ships in weird places, etc. I guess it depends on where you live...

So did you nephew end up getting his power supply?

[quote name='Baseball2g']Man, those drivers are jerks. They probably want to finish their route as quickly as they can, so that they can goof off. Not all drivers are like that. At least my sister isn't. Luckily the drivers around here are friends and they don't mess around with my packages.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they are jerks. I think they have quota's each day or they get paid by how much the deliver. When I worked at Radioshack the UPS guy told me he makes $26 an hour.

[quote name='BaZoOKajOe']Wow...I've never had any problems with FEDEX. Always on time, box in good condition, etc. for me. UPS on the other hand...they've broken things I've sent out, done drop-ships in weird places, etc. I guess it depends on where you live...

So did you nephew end up getting his power supply?[/QUOTE]

Not yet, and if it was just a power supply I wouldn't be too pissed about it, but its a whole computer.

Something similar happened to me once a few years ago when I was living in an apartment back in California. FedEx was suppose to deliver a small box with several DVDs to me. Instead of dropping at the office when I wasn't home, they dropped the box in front of another apartment that was empty. The only reason I found out is because I checked the tracking status online and their web site said it was delivered. So I asked my apartment office if they got it and they said no. Then as I was walking back to my apartment, I happen to look in another apartment's front door and there was a box. I peeked at the box and it was my name with my address. FedEx delivered the package to an empty apartment that is not even the right address! :p

I wish they would just leave the package inside the storm door, or if the door is unlocked set it right inside the house.

It pisses me off when I miss a package when I am shitting or fucking or something.

It has happen twice to my brother. they dropped a sub over a neighbor's fence into their backyard knowing it was a sub.

Haha my cousin used to work for FedEx. Worst job he ever had.

He told me that they used to play this game in the warehouse - when a driver was carrying numerous boxes or pushing a heavy cart, they would take boxes (w/ items in them) and chuck them at the driver. Lots of fun. Thanks for throwing my $200 digital camera, assbags.

Not to mention, his boss at the time basically said to him, "I expect you to break every traffic law you need to get the package delivered on time. If you ever tell anyone I said this to you I will deny it and we will fire you."

A less interesting note - Once he forgot to log the 25 seconds between the delivery of a package and walking back to his truck before he started it, and they docked him $100.

Gotta love FedEx.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']FedEx sucks. Use them only when absolutely necessary. UPS and USPS both kick the shit out of them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about UPS. I've had several bad experiences with UPS myself. I think if you use UPS, you need to pack the item extremely well, otherwise it'll get damaged. I've had a handful of packages that was damaged during UPS shipping (once it was DVD player, another time it was a collectable board, and a third time was a bunch of CD/DVD).

A friend also told me of a bad experience with UPS. He shipped a $1k monitor using UPS a while ago. The monitor arrived broken. Even though my friend bought insurance, UPS refused to pay for any insurance because they said the reason the monitor was broken was because it wasn't packed well.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']FedEx has taken a package to the office at my apartment complex without even coming to my apartment. I only knew cause I checked the tracking and it said the office signed for it. I don't care for FedEx too much.[/QUOTE]

That's the bad thing living in an apartment. I had my package stolen when I lived in the apartment and I suspected the apartment's front desk worker stole my package.

OP, that was horrible for what the FedEX guy did. A FedEX guy delivered my brother's package 3 times this week and disrupted my sleep. It was very annoying but at least he didn't give it to my neighbor. Does all FedEX packages require signature?

[quote name='yogi99']That's the bad thing living in an apartment. I had my package stolen when I lived in the apartment and I suspected the apartment's front desk worker stole my package.

OP, that was horrible for what the FedEX guy did. A FedEX guy delivered my brother's package 3 times this week and disrupted my sleep. It was very annoying but at least he didn't give it to my neighbor. Does all FedEX packages require signature?[/QUOTE]

No. Most of the FedEx packages I get don't ask me for signatures. The FedEx guy usually just drop off the package in front of my door.

[quote name='mookiemeister']I'm not so sure about UPS. I've had several bad experiences with UPS myself. I think if you use UPS, you need to pack the item extremely well, otherwise it'll get damaged. I've had a handful of packages that was damaged during UPS shipping (once it was DVD player, another time it was a collectable board, and a third time was a bunch of CD/DVD).

A friend also told me of a bad experience with UPS. He shipped a $1k monitor using UPS a while ago. The monitor arrived broken. Even though my friend bought insurance, UPS refused to pay for any insurance because they said the reason the monitor was broken was because it wasn't packed well.[/QUOTE]

I've had better experiences with UPS than FedEx, though UPS did do a big fuckup where they left an expensive package at my neighbor's house (they thought it was my house!!) while they were on vacation for a month. Eventually I got it, but I was pretty much calling the seller a scammer by that point for no reason. This was several years ago though. Basically go with USPS whenever possible, then UPS, then FedEx.

I once had fedex deliver a package that i bought from newegg to my neighbor's house because my gate was locked

I ordered a computer case fan before from newegg, very light small package. I checked the tracking online saying it was delivered, so I called home from college. My family said they hadn't seen it, and it never showed up for over a week or two. Then one day my mom called me and said that a neighbor from up the street brought a package down that he found on the corner of our street, which would be over 15 houses down. He said the outer box was soaked and completely destroyed he just brought the fan down to us in its regular package. I have no idea what Fedex did that this ended up way down there, I mean the package could have easily fit inside the door or mailbox. Luckily everything worked ok. UPS is really good, but maybe we're just lucky to have a good carrier. I haven't got many things from DHL, but when I have they have been great too, they knock and ring the doorbell like 3 times to make sure someone answers.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']FedEx has taken a package to the office at my apartment complex without even coming to my apartment. I only knew cause I checked the tracking and it said the office signed for it. I don't care for FedEx too much.[/QUOTE]

That's happened to me before. I ordered some games from ebgames.com a week before last christmas eve. Nothing arrives for two & 1/2 weeks, so I contact them on Jan. 2 about it. Which all they do is give me a fedex DC number, which I punch in to find that the package was delivered on December 23 to the office. I was home all that week, so I know no one knocked on the door. Plus the fact that the office had that package and didn't tell me pretty much had me pissed off at the Fedex concept of delivery.

Luckily I've moved into a different apartment complex where the office will give it to you after they close that day.

bread's done
Back