What the heck does this thing do(Wii related)

Looks like a CMOS battery. Helps keep the system time and stuff like that.

The Saturn used something similar for data storage, but I doubt the Wii uses it for the same purpose.

Can't possibly
Make myself guess
Of what this
Something you see is.

I guess the OP didnt read the Manual(I know I didnt) because its there..Its a CMOS battery, if you take it out you reset the date to the first time you setup your Wii, nothing else.

[quote name='maddfrog']It's a CMOS battery, but you don't have to take my word for it....[/quote]

The Reading Rainbow "riff" just popped in my head. Anyone else?

That slot is where you put the quarters for microtransactions. That little metal disc is just a placeholder, like the jumper pak on a Nintendo 64.

Well, I guess you could put a CMOS battery in there too.

You all suck. It is the Wii vajoynah. That is where you insert the female fun for when it has it's monthly visitor. Duh. Anne Frank could see that.

After sending an email to my penpal in Madagascar, he replied back with:

Ka Co La La Ti Motata Mos Kitta

or in English:

"Looks like a CMOS battery to me"

[quote name='Kendal']You all suck. It is the Wii vajoynah. That is where you insert the female fun for when it has it's monthly visitor. Duh. Anne Frank could see that.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean Hellen Keller. Anne Frank is the girl who got murdered by the Nazis.

it's a little battery to keep the internal clock running
CMOS or something like that.

also probably if you put quarters in there you can buy VC games.

[quote name='smalien1']it's a little battery to keep the internal clock running
CMOS or something like that.

also probably if you put quarters in there you can buy VC games.[/quote]

Yup, just tried the quarter thing. Picked up Tennis and Baseball.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I think you mean Hellen Keller. Anne Frank is the girl who got murdered by the Nazis.[/QUOTE]
as of right now neither of them can see shit.

and that 'thing'... isn't that like a CMOS battery or something?

go #48.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I think you mean Hellen Keller. Anne Frank is the girl who got murdered by the Nazis.[/QUOTE]

Technically, she wasn't murdered.

Corrections with false information = golden.

Welp, I spent most of today in the library doing some research and then went down to the lab to see if the guys there could confirm my suspicions. With 98% certainty, our collective research and their expert opinion says it's a CMOS battery.

Having said that, there's a 2% chance it's a thin mint.

thin%20mint.jpg

(Edited to add pic comparison... a few sips of scotch and I might up that 2% assessment... the Wii might actually be running off of thin mints.)

Its a tracking device nintendo put in your wii. I would definitely destroy it.

[quote name='Kendal']You all suck. It is the Wii vajoynah. That is where you insert the female fun for when it has it's monthly visitor. Duh. Anne Frank could see that.[/quote]

You stole that from clerks 2. -100000 Points for lack of originality

bread's done
Back