What the hell is this?

Milkyman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I saw one of these for the first time in New York a couple of years ago, but just recently I've started noticing more of them throughout the city. No one i've asked knows what they are for maybe a CAG will know? I should have gotten a detail of the top of the thing, it has a picture of a dude being hit by lightning. Charging stations for electric cars?

206825919_f38dcdbe02_o.jpg

[quote name='Milkyman'] I should have gotten a detail of the top of the thing, it has a picture of a dude being hit by lightning. Charging stations for electric cars?

206825919_f38dcdbe02_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Maybe a new way of NY to regulate traffic lights, telphone?

[quote name='Graystone']Maybe a new way of NY to regulate traffic lights, telphone?[/QUOTE]

These arent at street corners, but along the middle of the block, more like parking meters, and I think it may be a bit uncommon to be installing more pay phones these days.

Kinda looks like battery terminals on top....maybe to jump your car. Thats my guess after thinking about it for 10 seconds anyways.

[quote name='Milkyman']These arent at street corners, but along the middle of the block, more like parking meters, and I think it may be a bit uncommon to be installing more pay phones these days.[/QUOTE]

um, maybe there going to install new wireless parking meters and this is the terminal for them?

[quote name='Milkyman']These arent at street corners, but along the middle of the block, more like parking meters, and I think it may be a bit uncommon to be installing more pay phones these days.[/quote]

Are you sure it's not just the leftover stand from an old payphone? That concrete looks like it's been set a while.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Are you sure it's not just the leftover stand from an old payphone? That concrete looks like it's been set a while.[/QUOTE]

hmm very possible, i'll have to inspect them some more...

[quote name='cochesecochese']Are you sure it's not just the leftover stand from an old payphone? That concrete looks like it's been set a while.[/QUOTE]
That's my guess, too.

bread's done
Back