What the hell, Nintendo...

Arkay Firestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So I got my Wii Component Cable, finally...but now I'm more pissed than before.

Before Nintendo announced the free Wii Strap replacements, I had already place the order for the component cable and tossed in an extra white game case for Wii Sports and two new Wii Straps.

I open the big box tonight and all I find is the Component cable. Ok, I think to myself, they didn't charge me for any of that stuff then. No. they did. Which wasn't much, but what the hell am I supposed to do now? The receipt in the box lies and says everything was in there...but obviously they gypped me 4 bucks worth of stuff.

So I will of course call and ask them to either refund me that trifling amount, or pull their heads out of their butts and send me what they should have in the first place. Now what REALLY pissed me off is that they likely won't send that small an amount of stuff via UPS 2 day, but I paid the 7 bucks to get all the stuff I ordered UPS 2 day, so I'm getting doubly screwed (though agian, only 4 bucks worth of stuff.)

What REALLY REALLY gets me is I emailed their customer support a week ago to see if they would send the Wii Straps for free because of the newly announced free replacements, and the guy said NO because it had "already shipped."

F**king Nintendo Store.

You can buy the straps? Why didn't you just fill the form for the replacements? I ordered my components and the empty case and they shipped separately, two UPS 2day shipments for one order, only charged me once.

Calm down... mistakes happen sometimes and at least they're going to fix it for you right away. I could understand you being pissed if they didn't include the component cables but 1 case and 2 wrist straps won't kill you gaming experience.

You're acting like you lost a ton of money or something... in the end, you will get everything.:lol:

I'm only pissed because I usually don't have any time during the week to take care of this stuff because of work...so its just a big pain when stuff goes wrong. I hope I made it clear that I do realize that I am whining like a bitch about 4 dollars...but frankly, its more because I put off requesting replacement straps since I had placed this order and now I still don't have new straps.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I'm only pissed because I usually don't have any time during the week to take care of this stuff because of work...so its just a big pain when stuff goes wrong. I hope I made it clear that I do realize that I am whining like a bitch about 4 dollars...but frankly, its more because I put off requesting replacement straps since I had placed this order and now I still don't have new straps.[/QUOTE]

You could have e-mailed them in the time it took the type that post.

calling them is the most effective way to get it straightened out.

1-800-255-3700

thats the number on their customer service page. their employees are probably swamped with work for all the replacement straps, which is why it took so long for them to email you back.

but really, just get on the line with them and they should either give you a refund or send you your stuff. it would also be the best way to clear up the replacement straps, so you don't get charged for them.

Arkay - this will *really* piss you off. I got my free strap replacements delivered today...

[quote name='magiic']NEVER e-mail for support of any kind from anywhere. Call them. Always faster.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is pretty damn fast at replying to emails.

Same thing happened to me except they never gave me the Nunchuks. I ordered component cables and nunchuk's. They only put in the component cables in the box. I called up Nintendo and they said someone will get back to me in 2 days. Someone did get back to me and said they will send one out right away. I got it out in 1 day as it was overnight shipping.

For some reason, Nintendo has problems including all items in the box when you order from their website :) Anyway, I am happy that the issue was resolved. Just call the number on your packing slip and you will be all set...

[quote name='Cambot']You could have e-mailed them in the time it took the type that post.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Mistakes happen. Especially around this time of year when mail order companies are cramming much more stuff down the line than usual.

If you're going to pitch a bitch about something that small, perhaps B&M shopping is more for you.

Companies have customer service departments for such situations, give them a call and relax.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']What REALLY REALLY gets me is I emailed their customer support a week ago to see if they would send the Wii Straps for free because of the newly announced free replacements, and the guy said NO because it had "already shipped."

F**king Nintendo Store.[/quote]

That's pretty bogus.

It's like selling a car with faulty brakes, but because you had the brake problem fixed before the general recall, you have to pay.

Early adopters always get screwed, I give thanks to you beta testers willing to pay extra for the priveledge.

The straps are shipped separately. I got an email stating they shipped my straps. I ordered Wii cases (10) and they were shipped differently. It all depends on where they have their warehouses and whats stored there.

I'M PISSED OFF THAT MY SYSTEM WORKS PERFECTLY AND THAT NINTENDO MADE A MISTAKE!!!!

I wouldn't want to see you if there was a problem with the Wii itself.

You can still fill out a form for free Wii straps, I'd assume. Then you have the ones you bought and some free ones.

Although, I can understand your extreme anger, four dollars could have bought you a popsicle.

[quote name='6669']The older straps were probably recalled. They didn't ship the newer ones until like a few days ago.[/QUOTE]
They never required a recall. The new straps were optional if you wanted them.

[quote name='superspiffy']How do you order a blank white case? I tried to find a form from nintendo's site but couldn't.[/QUOTE]
go to store.nintendo.com and follow the links for parts and accessories.

bread's done
Back