What the Shaq Fu? Misty you Shaq Fuing female dog

sarausagi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Okay, I'm pretty much venting here, I went through the original Pokemon Red about TWO times straight

Here I am playing Fire Red in order to trade for Diamond/Pearl as well as for some practice..but I don't remember Misty being so...insane

She is absolutely wiping the floor with me, and my party isn't that bad.

Here's the group

Pikachu LEVEL 16
Charmeleon LEVEL 18
Mankey LEVEL 16
Pidgey LEVEL 14
Ekans LEVEL 10

Now, I know Charmeleon is always going to get blown away by water pokemon, but what in the world?

WATER PULSE, WATER PULSE, WATER PULSE

Pikachu can beat Staryu but after that it's over. Starmie just rapes everyone, and when I almost have the purple star down, Misty does super potion and follows it up with recover.

I sincerely don't remember Misty being such a fucking bitch.

What do I do? All I can think is level, level, level, but surely there should be a way to beat her with my current team.

Erm, yeah. IIRC, that Starmie is just plain nasty. Since your Pikachu doesn't have Thunderbolt yet, there's not a hell of a lot you can do. She'll use the super potion when Starmie is down in red HP, so try to whittle it down to yellow (~50%), and KO it from there? Alternatively, if Ekans can survive the first attack, you can try and get lucky with Poison Sting, and try to out stall her. Either way, with your current team it's an uphill battle.

As they say, if brute force isn't working, you're not using enough. ;)

You need some grass pokemon like Butterfree or Beedrill, their attacks and defense are very effective against water pokemon.

I found Pokemon game very easy. If you keep using your starting Pokemon like Bubasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle, non-stop from start to finish and don't bother xp up your other pokemon, the rest of game is just a breeze. My Charamelon was lvl 32-35 when i fought her. Those puny Starmie attacks barely hurt me, even though i was a fire pokemon.

The really trouble using this strategy against the elite four, those endurance matches will tax all pp out of your pokemon and your force to use items. It reallly shouldn't matter since your pokemon so high, you probably already captured some legedary Pokemon by now

I'm going to buy either Leaf Green or Fire Red tomorrow. Which version is better? I had Leaf Green a while back and really liked Squirtle. I'm leaning towards that one again.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I'm going to buy either Leaf Green or Fire Red tomorrow. Which version is better? I had Leaf Green a while back and really liked Squirtle. I'm leaning towards that one again.[/quote]

Why not Diamond or Pearl?

[quote name='Magehart']Why not Diamond or Pearl?[/quote]

I'm going to get Diamond when it comes out, but I would like to have Squirtle or Charmander on my team as well.

I haven't played a Pokemon game in years but I used to play enough that I may have some advice.

Start with Pikachu for the first one and then switch to a high defense grass monster. If you have an Oddish that works well, otherwise a calfable should be able to resist the attacks. If nothing else lvl up more.

Can't you get at least a bellsprout/oddish? The grass moves should make short work out of most of her pokemon, and if they get KO by Starmie, then toss Pikachu in to finish the job (or vice versa).

Just to let you all know, I finally beat Misty. I caught an Oddish and having her helped Pikachu beat down Starmie.

I still think she's a bit overpowered, I don't remember Brock being so hard and my Pokemon were under level 10.

Now I'm just trying to catch 30 Pokemon to get that item finder.

bread's done
Back