What time are you planning to arrive to camp?

Since I have work at 6am and cant call in sick. I am going to try walmart after class about 2pm on monday. Most of them said they are handing out tickets for midnight sale and only had about 4 premium systems. Since it is monday of a school day I cant imagine there will be anyone else waiting. Anyone know when they might start handing out the tickets? I mean if they hand them out to the first person that asks I could go in the morning when they open. If else I have roommates and friends that are poor and would campout bestbuy for a chance to play and some mcdonalds.
Peace
coltcannon

Well the Super Walmart near me is only getting 14 systems with only 4 of them premium. I plan on hitting there starting tomorrow since I am off. I figure I will keep stopping by until they give me a ticket lol. If that doesn't work I will be swinging by Sams Club with my business membership and if not then Circuit City. I plan to do recon this weekend to see how many systems all the stores are getting and how they are doing their launch.

Like another poster I am not even sure I want the system, but this time around it sounds like fun trying to get one. I just watched the game footage from fileplanet on several of the games and most of them really did nothing for me. I may not even pick up a game until DOA4 comes out.

[quote name='innocentbastard']Well the Super Walmart near me is only getting 14 systems with only 4 of them premium. I plan on hitting there starting tomorrow since I am off. I figure I will keep stopping by until they give me a ticket lol. If that doesn't work I will be swinging by Sams Club with my business membership and if not then Circuit City. I plan to do recon this weekend to see how many systems all the stores are getting and how they are doing their launch.

Like another poster I am not even sure I want the system, but this time around it sounds like fun trying to get one. I just watched the game footage from fileplanet on several of the games and most of them really did nothing for me. I may not even pick up a game until DOA4 comes out.[/QUOTE]If you're doing it just for the fun of getting it, you should just get it and sell it on ebay around Christmas time. That way, you might even double up and buy 2 xboxes when they become available to the masses!

Im gonna walk into work at 7AM on the 22nd and put a premium X360 in layaway. Before I leave for the day I will get it out and take it home,

All for $320 before taxes.

ya the damn wal mart workers can get 20% off of their 360's my friend won't shut up about it. I am hoping the clerk at wal mart will let me at least use my friends 10% discount.

PS.

does anyone know if wal mart has a 1 per person limit on the 360's?? If they don't I'll just give my friend my money and have him buy both our 360's with that 20% off he'll get.

I'm camping at K-Mart and I haven't talked to anybody from there to see what's going on yet. I have a bad feeling I'll go there the 21st and when the manager leaves after they close he'll give me a dirty look and ask wtf I'm doing there.

[quote name='TimPV3']I'm camping at K-Mart and I haven't talked to anybody from there to see what's going on yet. I have a bad feeling I'll go there the 21st and when the manager leaves after they close he'll give me a dirty look and ask wtf I'm doing there.[/QUOTE]

Ummm tell your your there to get a Xbox 360 when they open. It's not like he''ll saw "Nope, sorry you can't do that".

[quote name='MrBlonde9993']What time does Circuit City open on launch day?[/QUOTE]

I'd call, as it depends on the district manager. I'll wager that they'll open at regular business hours, though.

[quote name='Brak']I'd call, as it depends on the district manager. I'll wager that they'll open at regular business hours, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I called and its regular business hours for my circuit city. I just want to buy a cd before i go to school that day but i dont know if it's gonna be crazy. Are they gonna have seperate lines for people who are buying a system and those who are not?

I initially planned to be at Target at about 5am and be there when they distribute the slips at 6am but I realize that may be too late. I have some friends that work there and the earliest time I was told they would arrive is about 4am, but there's a graveyard shift that ends at about midnight or 1am and they might wait since then. I have a thrice concert on monday night, so I'll pass by target at about 11 or 12 to see if there's any kind of line. if there is, i'll go home, pack some things, and take off to target. if there's no line, i'll take a shower, catch a 2 hour nap and go to target at 3am. I don't even know why I'm waiting for this. I'm not even really into video games. In fact, the latest system i own is a dreamcast but I've always wanted a ps2 or xbox. when I finally had enough money to buy one, they were already talking about the next generation xbox and playstation so I figured I'd just wait a little longer and get that. Let's hope it works.

I'm a business member @ Costco, and I'll probley show up around 3 or 4am for their 10am opening. If there is nobody there, I'll probley leave, and comback every hour or so. Glad I get to go in an hour before the regular members do...

thinking about best buy at midnight, i wont be there until like 10 pm. Midnight best buys are gonna have bigger allocations so i dont think i should have a problem

New plan. I am now going to be camping OUTSIDE on the sidewalk starting at roughly 10 p.m. on Monday night. Forecasts call for temps in the teens, so I hope that keeps some people away. I am still going to park my car as close as legally possible to the entrance, so that I can quick get in line if someone else shows up, and the trip back to my car after walking out of Target will be shorter, because I just know there will be frickin' Ninja's jumping out of trees and mailboxes trying to steal my baby.

I'm thinking about strolling into my EB Games sometime around 5 PM on Tuesday.

Of course, since the store got 24 premiums and 5 core and I'm 4th on the list it won't be too much of a problem for me.

It would be kinda fun to go and wait in line somewhere, if I thought that there was a decent chance of getting a second one to resell. Our Walmart is only getting 10, so there won't be many extras to be had.

TBW

bread's done
Back