What to do about this seller?

Final Starman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Long story short, I bid on and won a copy of DMC4 for PS3. Beacuse I'm at college now I changed my shipping address to my school's mailbox. When I sent the payment it was refunded because the buyer wanted a confirmed address and verified account, despite the fact that he never mentioned either as a prerequisite to buying the item. I emailed him back and asked if he would let it slide, if he doesn't then I really dont want the item because it would have to be shipped to my house then to my school.

What I really don't understand is why he cares where the item goes, considering I sent the payment once already (he refunded it). If he successfully received the payment, doesn't that mean he had the money? Or am I misunderstanding what "payment sent" means lol?

So, tell him I'll only take the item if he ships to school and if not, tell him to shaq-fu off? I kinda want to do that....

Confirmed addresses give protection to the seller. If a dishonest buyer receives an item but claims he never got it, PayPal will automatically side with the buyer and refund him his money just because of the fact that the address is not confirmed. It doesn't matter if the seller shows signature confirmation and a photograph of the delivery man dropping off the package, he still loses.

With that being said, I think it is his fault for not mentioning it in his auction. I myself do ship to unconfirmed addresses (as long as the item is under $25) but I still get a twinge of nervousness when I do.

What I really don't understand is why he cares where the item goes, considering I sent the payment once already (he refunded it). If he successfully received the payment, doesn't that mean he had the money? Or am I misunderstanding what "payment sent" means lol?
He cares about where the item goes, because he doesn't want to get screwed over. Confirmed addresses protect sellers against things like hijacked accounts and such. For all he knows, someone might have hijacked your accounts and is asking him to send it elsewhere. Or, you could just be a dishonest person, get your item, and say, "Hey, I never got it, and he shipped to a weird address." In the end, he could be out a game and the money.

Personally, my PP account only accepts payments from confirmed addresses. It will automatically bounce payments back.

bread's done
Back