What to do when tracking info says "Forward Expired"?

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I recently sold something of mine to a user on here. No feedback, past history, etc., but that doesn't matter to me when the buyer pays first. I keep an eye on the tracking info for my packages when I can and notice this update today. Never saw that status update before.

A quick Google search tells me that it happens when the address is undeliverable and has been for over a year, although I'd find that odd when that's the address I was told to ship to. So what happens now that the post office evidently can't get it to 'em? Does it get sent back to me? Do I have to pay some kind of extra fee for it? I'm mostly concerned about the fact that I paid ~$7.15 to ship this sucker (it was a ~3lb. Biohazard bundle for PS2) and I don't want to think about eating that cost because of this "error".

To people with more experience in this matter: what do I do?

It'll get sent back to you if the address is undeliverable, but the post office usually holds it for a week or so trying to find a forwarding address and what not, but if they can't figure it out, it usually just get sent back to you.

I've had problems with some of my packages before in the past when I moved, and they just hold it at the post office if they can't find a forwarding address, just in case the person wants to go pick it up.

But if they don't pick it up or if they can't find a forwarding address, you'll probably be getting your package back soon.

And most postage are not eligible for a refund unfortunately, unless it was like express mail or something, which you have a certain amount of time to claim a refund, but you're probably out the money if the package comes back to you and it was media mail, parcel, or priority.

*edit*
Nvm, just read your op again, just woke up, so you know, reading comprehension not the best. :p

But yeah, I would contact a mod immediately to see what is going on.

Contact shrike4242 or Pookymeister

Thanks for the quick reply! Thankfully there's communication between the buyer and myself, so this hopefully isn't going to be an issue. It's a little scary to see something like that pop up on something you've sold, though - I get migraines just thinking about dealing with the USPS yet again.

So did you figure out what was going on then?

It's always best to see what the buyer says before you go to a mod, only if you can't figure it out, you would do that. And when I made the initial comment on that, again, left that part out. Was too groggy still. @_@

Welp, looks like the USPS had a bit of a blonde moment and the item did make it to the right spot (and it even updated in the tracking info). What fun.

Thanks again for the advice.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Welp, looks like the USPS had a bit of a blonde moment and the item did make it to the right spot (and it even updated in the tracking info). What fun.

Thanks again for the advice.[/QUOTE]

That happens occasionally too. I've had a package that was sent to the wrong Zip Code once actually, but it made it here in time. In that scenario I actually contacted the seller, and he was unsure either, but waited a day or two and it arrived, so worked itself out in the end. Glad everything worked out.

bread's done
Back