What to do with an Old PS2

Skitzle

CAGiversary!
I've got an old ps2. 6years+ at this point. Clearly.. it DRE's all the time. I've tried to repair it and failed. I think its just time to call it a life and get rid of the thing, but I'm not really sure how.

Is there any value left in this console or its games?

Can I Ebay it? Trade it in?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

-Skitz

[quote name='Skitzle']I've got an old ps2. 6years+ at this point. Clearly.. it DRE's all the time. I've tried to repair it and failed. I think its just time to call it a life and get rid of the thing, but I'm not really sure how.

Is there any value left in this console or its games?

Can I Ebay it? Trade it in?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

-Skitz[/quote]

Gamestop may give you some credit for a broken PS2. I used the credit to pickup a slim.

Ebay would probably cause you to take a loss.

Gamestop, Play N Trade, CAG trade or just donate the thing.

You might even want to try a garage sale.

I think GS gives credit for broken systems though it's a fraction of what you'd get for a working one... which they barely give anything for anyway.

I'd eBay it. Or try the CAG trading forums, I'm pretty sure there was a guy who bought broken systems to fix.

I'll take it for HDLoader purposes. I am looking for a few DRE/non working laser/drive systems.

Before you trash it, this is what i found out about fixing dre, i fixed my cousins with this. When you opened the cd tray you probably swiped the visible side of the lens with alcohol, but this is what little people know when they throw away their dre ps2's, you have to take the lens cover off and disconnect the lens, go under it and swipe that side, i can almost garuntee this to work and you have nothing to lose.

could ebay it, make sure to list every detail, model #, if sticker is intact, condition and issue and you could get a good price from those people who buy and and fix or use them for parts.

bread's done
Back