What to do with DLC?

eldergamer

CAGiversary!
So my :ps3: is getting clogged up with all the downloads.

Usually when I'm done with a game I like to sell it or trade it in somewhere (Goozex, Amazon, etc)

But I can't do it with games I have no physical copy of, right? I've got my free Infamous, Deathspank, Braid, etc, etc that I'm done with.

Is there anything to do with these besides just delete them? It feels so wastefull.

[quote name='eldergamer']So my :ps3: is getting clogged up with all the downloads.

Usually when I'm done with a game I like to sell it or trade it in somewhere (Goozex, Amazon, etc)

But I can't do it with games I have no physical copy of, right? I've got my free Infamous, Deathspank, Braid, etc, etc that I'm done with.

Is there anything to do with these besides just delete them? It feels so wastefull.[/QUOTE]
Anything downloaded is tied to your PSN account. You can delete them and download them whenever you want

They're not taking up excess HDD space. And aside from them cluttering my PS3 games list on the main screen (dashboard?), they're not bothering me..

I just wish they had some redeemable value instead of simply deleting them.

[quote name='eldergamer']They're not taking up excess HDD space. And aside from them cluttering my PS3 games list on the main screen (dashboard?), they're not bothering me..

I just wish they had some redeemable value instead of simply deleting them.[/QUOTE]

You could always manually organize the by genre if they're really that bothersome. It's what I did.

[quote name='eldergamer']They're not taking up excess HDD space. And aside from them cluttering my PS3 games list on the main screen (dashboard?), they're not bothering me..

I just wish they had some redeemable value instead of simply deleting them.[/QUOTE]When you puchased the games, did you believe that somehow you would be able to resell them?

[quote name='Oaxan']Gamesharing is an option.[/QUOTE]

This. Buy DLC (or whatever game on PSN) through a gameshare and then resell your share when you are done with it. You may not get back the full amount if you need to sell it quickly, but you can usually get back well more than 50% of its value.

I just wish they had some redeemable value instead of simply deleting them.[/QUOTE]

Sort out your games however you want, you can name the folders. I'm at work, but it's something like pressing triangle on a folder and scrolling down and re-naming it, and repeat.

You can also delete them and if you ever feel the itch to play them again, just download them when you go to sleep, tick the 'turn off system when finishing downloading and installing' option.

Voila.

Partake in gamesharing. For example, it cost me $8 to get Splinter Cell Trilogy ($40 split between 5 people). Once I'm done, I can sell my share of the account.

[quote name='Gerry P.']When you puchased the games, did you believe that somehow you would be able to resell them?[/QUOTE]

I had a false hope, yes.

And even more sinister motives of somehow profiting off my free PS + content. (At least trading it through goozex)

bread's done
Back