What to play while waiting for Fat Princess?

marshallbanana6

CAG Veteran
Quite a few of my friends finally have PS3s now, so we want to play games online together. The easiest and cheapest way to accomplish this would be with PSN titles, but for the most part I've been unimpressed in the past with the number of online multiplayer titles on PSN. Fat Princess looks amazing, I'll pick that up day one. Until then does anyone have recommendations for PSN games to play online?

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN exclusives? Crash Commando is pretty fun. High Velocity Bownling & Wipeout HD are others that I can think of that are pretty fun.

Calling All Cars is an awesome game with friends. You will need to coordinate it though, since absolutely noone plays on the servers anymore. But the setup is great and I think it has voicechat as well.

Other than that Warhawk would be a good choice

[quote name='Sinistar']PSN exclusives? Crash Commando is pretty fun. High Velocity Bownling & Wipeout HD are others that I can think of that are pretty fun.[/quote]

How's the population on Crash Commando? I have roughly $10 to burn in my PSN wallet, and I was really looking on dumping that cash on that game, but I'm still pretty undecided

[quote name='marshallbanana6']Quite a few of my friends finally have PS3s now, so we want to play games online together. The easiest and cheapest way to accomplish this would be with PSN titles, but for the most part I've been unimpressed in the past with the number of online multiplayer titles on PSN. Fat Princess looks amazing, I'll pick that up day one. Until then does anyone have recommendations for PSN games to play online?[/quote]

Since you have a group of known friends, I'd sugest game sharing if you haven't though of that already. ANd if you do, I'd suggest picking up Burnout Paradise (even though it is on disc too). Best $6 I've spent ($30 shared 5 ways) and wonderful online with buddies. A true AAA title on PSN.

(BTW Fat Princess hasn't set me on fire yet after playing the beta)

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Since you have a group of known friends, I'd sugest game sharing if you haven't though of that already. ANd if you do, I'd suggest picking up Burnout Paradise (even though it is on disc too). Best $6 I've spent ($30 shared 5 ways) and wonderful online with buddies. A true AAA title on PSN.

(BTW Fat Princess hasn't set me on fire yet after playing the beta)[/quote]

I heard of the anti christ. They said that he is the one that does not love Fat Princess. BEWARE THE ASS OF APRIL!

I really love Calling All Cars. It's such a fun little game for four friends to play, but it just never caught on. I wish it had come out now, rather than years ago. So sad to see that no one plays it!

[quote name='xeno']Magic ball, its a 3- d version of breakout with power ups.[/quote]

Great game, but after 50 levels and To be Continued after that.. FTW!:bomb:

[quote name='xcopy']Great game, but after 50 levels and To be Continued after that.. FTW!:bomb:[/quote]
lol, anyway there's also also pixel junk eaden which is a awsome game once you know what your doing.

[quote name='orko60']I really love Calling All Cars. It's such a fun little game for four friends to play, but it just never caught on. I wish it had come out now, rather than years ago. So sad to see that no one plays it![/QUOTE]

Calling all cars should just come free preloaded w/ the PS3.

Why doesnt someone creat a Calling all Cars gaming group..We could play for like a half hour or so every week. The mayhem is awesome!

[quote name='smiggity']Why doesnt someone creat a Calling all Cars gaming group..We could play for like a half hour or so every week. The mayhem is awesome![/QUOTE]

I never know if I'm going to be around, otherwise I would. I'll add some of you CAC fans, though, and if I see you on, we can roll.

I've been thinking about trying CAC, but never heard great stuff about it. Maybe it's worth it.

I already have the disc version of Paradise, otherwise that would be a no brainer. I'd have to get one of my friends to buy the PSN version so we could all play.

Not really interested in Warhawk, I'm not one to play FPS on console.

So far I've heard Calling All Cars and Wipeout HD that sound like interesting online multiplayer PSN titles. Any other suggestions?

bread's done
Back