What vehicle(s) do you own?

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Or maybe he's got an SRT-4. That's one of those vehicles I'd like to pick up someday just to say I've owned one.[/quote]
Yeah, I'd like one too. I just don't have any reason to go that fast. :drool:
Here's my "regular" Neon:
neon.jpg

EDIT: I hate front plate laws. :(

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Or maybe he's got an SRT-4. That's one of those vehicles I'd like to pick up someday just to say I've owned one.[/QUOTE]

Ewwww, ugly and just a little too slow. :nottalking:

[quote name='btw1217']Ewwww, ugly and just a little too slow. :nottalking:[/quote]

Just wondering what work have you done to your mach 1 and btw nice car :)

[quote name='btw1217']Ewwww, ugly and just a little too slow. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

But arguably one of the best in terms of "bang for your buck."

96 Nissan Pickup
2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE

when we have paid off most of the Pathfinder, Ill probably opt for either an RX-8, Saturn Sky Redline, or a Chevy SSR

[quote name='Prepster']Just wondering what work have you done to your mach 1 and btw nice car :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) She's bone stock. I'm a believer in leaving some things stock. If I did anything, it would be a supercharger. She's already powerful and fast. I don't feel like spending money on bolt-ons and I love the exhaust that's already on there. Other than those, there's not much I can improve or upgrade. And naturally, being a domestic car guy, I don't do visual mods.

--EDIT--

That's not actually my car in my avatar. Mine's a Dark Shadow Gray, but the Torch Red one was tied with DSG for my color of choice, so it came down to which one I could find in the best condition for the best price, and DSG won. I have pictures of my car on a previous page.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']But arguably one of the best in terms of "bang for your buck."[/QUOTE]

Now that I'll agree with.

[quote name='btw1217']Thanks :) She's bone stock. I'm a believer in leaving some things stock. If I did anything, it would be a supercharger. She's already powerful and fast. I don't feel like spending money on bolt-ons and I love the exhaust that's already on there. Other than those, there's not much I can improve or upgrade. And naturally, being a domestic car guy, I don't do visual mods.

--EDIT--

That's not actually my car in my avatar. Mine's a Dark Shadow Gray, but the Torch Red one was tied with DSG for my color of choice, so it came down to which one I could find in the best condition for the best price, and DSG won. I have pictures of my car on a previous page.

Now that I'll agree with.[/quote]

Well I love the dark gray since I was looking at the mach 1 and that was the exact color I was looking at getting but decided I didn't need that much power since that would just get me in trouble hahaha but my car is by no means slow but the mach one is hot :drool:

[quote name='metalmat']Any reason you own two cars?[/quote]Any reason you shouldn't?

1998 Subaru Forester purchased october 97. My first brand new car. Took me four years to pay it off, but whatever. I was younger and had about zero savings. Currently has 209,000 miles on it and is sitting at one of the park & rides at Hartsfield Jackson Airport.
2006 Toyota Prius purchased may 2006. Has around 12,000 miles on it and is sitting in my garage back home.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to put my name down on the delorean waiting list for the new production line. At ~$60,000 for a brand new 08 or 09 DMC12, I'm having a hard time with this commitment.

[quote name='zachcalomd'] I have a 2001 Subaru Forester, which is a lot older than the year implies.
Pretty much everything but the necessities are broken.
Interior lighting at night: Broken.
Clock: Broken.
Rear Windshield Wipers: Broken.
Defroster: Broken.
Glove Compartment: Jammed Shut.
Rear Speakers: Blown Out.

But it's a pretty nasty car.[/quote]Good gosh, what happened?! My cd player broke in my 98, but other than that, it's fine. Looks like crap, sure. But I don't garage this one.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I'm getting an automatic WRX soon. Let the flaming begin. :][/quote]I'd love an WRX. But not an automatic. What's wrong wif you? ;)

[quote name='doubledown']I have a 2006 Scion xB...yes I like my box. It was cheap, decent gas mileage....you get married, you start to care less.[/quote]The xB has some of the best interior design I've seen in a while. Not for luxury, but great use of space. Plus I like the interior LEDs option.

[quote name='strayfoxx']I know you thanked me for the advice, but if you fail to see the immediacy just ask around. People sometimes junk their cars just because of what the damage a broken timing belt has done to the car. That Civic has the chance to go to 150-200k but a broken timing belt has the potential to wreak havoc on that dream. [/quote]A well maintained Civic should go at least 150k. Only reason it won't is owing to owners who think they're saving money by not doing the oil changes and scheduled maintenance. Timing belt replacements included. Absolute must, or it'll eventually kill your car.

[quote name='Prepster']Well I love the dark gray since I was looking at the mach 1 and that was the exact color I was looking at getting but decided I didn't need that much power since that would just get me in trouble hahaha but my car is by no means slow but the mach one is hot :drool:[/QUOTE]

It's funny, because ever since I got the Mach, I drive so much slower than I used to. It's like... I don't have to speed or accelerate quickly to show off or anything because people just look at you and go "Shit, that car's gotta be fast." Not to mention if I do go wide open throttle I get about 3-5 seconds of fun before I'm over the speed limit. So I just kinda cruise along and play around with her every once in awhile. Ever since I got it, I rarely ever break the speed limit though. I used to have an 02 V6 Mustang, and I used to drive it like it was super fast. I guess with the Mach, I have nothing to prove.

Now racing on the other hand. That's gonna get me in trouble. I never initiate street races, but I always accept them. I've been lucky so far though, and haven't run in to any cops. A few days ago some guy in an 07 Shelby GT worked his way through traffic to pull up next to me while I was driving, looked over at me with a "Pfff, your car sucks compared to mine" expression, revved his engine three times and took off. There was too much traffic, so I followed behind him until there was an opening, we lined up, I smiled at him, he punched it, I punched it, and I was gone.

[quote name='InuFaye']Got a 93 mercury capri with 119k on it. Runs like a champ considering i drive over 650 miles a week.
Also have a 1977 mgb with only 77k miles on it. Original car never been restored.
Lastly i have a 1995 trans-am that I wrecked last year. I need to save up some cash and restore it. Or i was considering saving up some cash and getting either an older z3 or older clk convertible.

Any cags have opinions on either car?[/quote]
I had a Z3, it was a very fun car. I had a little too much fun in that car, which is why I have a Z4 now. :cool:

Definitely go with the 6 cylinder engine. I test drove a 4 cylinder once, and there's obviously a world of difference between the two. Also, definitely go with the manual transmission. It's the only way to drive a roadster.

Currently I own:

2002 Base RSX. Desert Silver.

2005 Maxima SE.

2007 VW GTI DSG.

[quote name='CrimGhost']2007 VW GTI
[/QUOTE]

Mine looks somewhat like this, but Reflex Silver, and with, unfortunately, less cool rims. Follow the quote to a picture.

I know they aren't screamers, but The Wife and I don't want to buy a really fast car yet. Her personal tastes in cars tends to run... uh... very /very/ expensive, and I need to learn more about cars and such before I have a temperamental expensive car to deal with.

Such as: She talks constantly about Japanese Skyline GTRs and how they are so 'cute.'

She likes the way Audi W12s sound.

She'd like a Porsche some day.

She likes 'Shag'-uars. (Jaguars. ... Don't ask. Married person inside joke.)

... To be honest the GTI /SCARES/ me in Sport mode, so I'm not sure we'll ever buy cars as powerful as she desires. She doesn't drive.

As for why we have 3 cars: we're preparing the RSX to either give to a charity or to one of her poorer relatives. I loved that car. I buy my cars new and run them until it is time to move on. I got 130k miles into that car before it was time to say goodbye.

Because a freaking Drunk Driver nailed it in a headlong collision. 60 miles per hour ((Drunken Woman)), versus me at a dead standstill, freaking out, flicking my brights, honking my horn. For five seconds. As I watched her approach. In action movie slow motion.

Oohh, ooh, I'll play. Now don't get all impressed or nothin', but my hot rod is a 1995 Saturn SL2. Whoo-hoo, baby!

At least it only has about 75K on it. Yeah, wierd, I know. Why is that the family "hot rod"? Because our other car is a 2004 Toyota Sienna.

The Saturn is pretty much my driving around for CAG deals car, as I don't use it for much else. I work from a home office and we use the minivan for any family things.

I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of the Saturn and getting something new, possible something different like a Scion or Element, or possibly a Prius. It just won't get used enough to really justify the expense of the hybrid though. It isn't really used enough to justify getting anything to replace it, actually. I'm still paying off the van, and when that's done I'd like to be car payment-free for a while. So, meh, as boring as it is with it's tape deck and manual windows and door locks and all those modern amenities, the old Saturn is running just fine so I see no need to replace it. Besides, I was a cheap-ass long before I discovered this site, and dropping any significant amount of money on a new car just doesn't seem right to me. (Yet, I also like the "new, sealed" aspect so I only ever buy new cars when I do buy one - just like with my games :lol:).

One thing I could never get into was cars. I see my neighbors fuss over theirs incessantly. The guy next to me has some show car - a little yellow pickup that he obsessively washes and polishes. He told me it has a $20,000 sound system in it. He pretty much just shows it to people and takes it to car shows. Plus he washes his main car (some huge SUV) every few days as well. On the list of things I want to do with my free time, messing with my car is down around 100 or 101st. When I lived in Tucson I used to wait until we had big summer thunderstorms and then move the cars out of the garage to get them washed :lol:. Here in OR I live next to a farm so my Saturn (which sits outside) gets dirty fast. I really should wash that thing some time - don't think I have since I've moved here 4 years ago... The rain here cleans it a bit, but we never get the heavy cleansing rains like in Tucson.

[quote name='io']I'd like to be car payment-free for a while. So, meh, as boring as it is with it's tape deck and manual windows and door locks and all those modern amenities, the old Saturn is running just fine so I see no need to replace it. Besides, I was a cheap-ass long before I discovered this site, and dropping any significant amount of money on a new car just doesn't seem right to me. (Yet, I also like the "new, sealed" aspect so I only ever buy new cars when I do buy one - just like with my games :lol:).[/QUOTE]

There is /nothing/ wrong with avoiding car payments if you don't need a new car. This is very very wise.

Heh. And I hear you on the new car thing. I feel that if you are going to attempt to get a good 100k out of a car, you should break it in yourself.

Plus you don't get a car that was modded, funked by mods, then returned to 'stock' and sold. Always a risk when you aren't buying a really expensive car: people just love to do this with Civics, Saturns, VWs, etc.

[quote name='Gourd']
Heh. And I hear you on the new car thing. I feel that if you are going to attempt to get a good 100k out of a car, you should break it in yourself.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I know all the money-management advise is always to buy a used car, but since I hold on to my cars for a decade or more the "splurge" on the new car price is not so bad. Now if I flipped cars every 3-4 years that may be a different matter.

Here's my entire car history:

My first car was a 1984 or 1985 (I forget) Honda CRX. It was my Dad's car at first, then he gave it to me when I was in college. Then, in 1998 I upgraded to a Honda CR-V and gave the CRX to my mom. She ran that thing into the ground and finally bought a Civic Hybrid a few years ago. I was glad to see that because the CRX was really not safe for her to drive in her commute around the beltway in DC. She donated the old beast to charity. Funny how I still see some of those around these days. It seemed to be in for the modders for a while I guess.

Anyway, for a while the Saturn was our "luxury" car compared to the CRX. Then when I got the CR-V the Saturn barely got used even when I did commute (thus, another reason it has such low mileage). I traded in the CR-V when I bought the minivan (definitely not a cheap-ass move and I regret it to this day - should have sold it myself but I was new to the area). I actually wouldn't mind getting a CR-V again to replace the Saturn. Ain't gonna happen any time soon though. Heck, I may have to upgrade the minivan with a full-size van after the baby (4th kid) is born :lol:.

[quote name='Gourd']There is /nothing/ wrong with avoiding car payments if you don't need a new car. This is very very wise.

Plus you don't get a car that was modded, funked by mods, then returned to 'stock' and sold. Always a risk when you aren't buying a really expensive car: people just love to do this with Civics, Saturns, VWs, etc.[/QUOTE]

I myself am so paranoid of buying a used car because I know most people out there drive them into the ground, and dont keep up with regular maintenance. Percect example, I bought my truck new... currently sit around 180k miles, and other than replacing the batter once, then the water pump and belts another time... Ive had no problems. An ex had the exact same type truck, it broke down around 25000 miles because the oil had never been changed. People dont realize they are driving around expensive pieces of machinery, they accelerate too quickly when they dont have to (like when they can only travel a few hundred yards before hitting the next red light) and then brake too quickly... my first choice when I buy another car was an RX-7 but finding one of those is diffficult, much less finding one in good condition

2002 Mazda Miata, a bit long in the tooth, but it has about 30,000 miles on it so it's mint.
DSC07790.jpg

DSC07789.jpg

That's it, but i'm looking for a cheap winter rat, so i'll post that beater when I get it.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm currently trying to decide if I want to put my name down on the delorean waiting list for the new production line. At ~$60,000 for a brand new 08 or 09 DMC12, I'm having a hard time with this commitment.[/quote]
I am so glad they are going to look like the originals. It would be a shame if they "updated" them to fit today's sleeker cars. Really really want one but it's going to have to wait. At least the possibility for acquiring a new one is back.

Always wanted an '82, automatic, grey/grey...

I was going through the Order Form, but I didn't see the Flux Capacitor upgrade. No time circuits either...

On-topic, I drive a '98 Toyota Corolla XLE, Black ext, Grey int, ~65K. Nice 'n reliable.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'd love an WRX. But not an automatic. What's wrong wif you? ;)[/quote]

I figure an automatic, while not as fun, is more practical. I'm the type of person that eats/talks on the phone/rolls joints/etc while driving... also, my mom and sister might need to drive my car every now and then, so I'd need to accomidate. The problem is actually finding a WRX in automatic.. apparently not too many are made.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I figure an automatic, while not as fun, is more practical. I'm the type of person that eats/talks on the phone/rolls joints/etc while driving... [/quote]And you can't handle that with a stick? Lightweight. :lol:

[quote name='Beana Blasta']2004 limited crossfire with 26k miles[/quote]

I hate you. ;)

There's one for sale around here with 30k miles selling for only $15k. If I was done with school and had a real job, I would buy it. Not to mention I just got my Neon in February.

Why, a rusty Ghia of course. Specifically a 1964 Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia. Unlike my avatar, my Ghia is all white.

Looks similar to this:
ghia1.jpg

83 240D made to run on any form of diesel fuel you wanna throw into it. 30mpg in a comfy 5 seater is all I need in life.

[quote name='red flare graf']Haha. If I'm multi-tasking, I tend to just take my hands off the wheel in order to shift. It's pretty safe.[/quote]Exactly. That's what knees are for.

Rusty, do you have the original engine in your ghia?

'98 Cavalier z24 (like the z matters) with 125K on it. It was cheap, I'm a student, etc. Bought it used when I moved to CA, and it gets me where I need to go.

First car was an '84 Ford Tempo in baby blue. Still had the push-button radio. Bought it for $500 from some old guy - ended up leaking oil like crazy 6 months later. Fun times in that car - including the back doors flinging open on I-71 at 70 MPH.

[quote name='Gourd']Currently I own:

2002 Base RSX. Desert Silver.

2005 Maxima SE.

2007 VW GTI DSG.

Mine looks somewhat like this, but Reflex Silver, and with, unfortunately, less cool rims. Follow the quote to a picture.

I know they aren't screamers, but The Wife and I don't want to buy a really fast car yet. Her personal tastes in cars tends to run... uh... very /very/ expensive, and I need to learn more about cars and such before I have a temperamental expensive car to deal with.

Such as: She talks constantly about Japanese Skyline GTRs and how they are so 'cute.'

She likes the way Audi W12s sound.

She'd like a Porsche some day.

She likes 'Shag'-uars. (Jaguars. ... Don't ask. Married person inside joke.)

... To be honest the GTI /SCARES/ me in Sport mode, so I'm not sure we'll ever buy cars as powerful as she desires. She doesn't drive.

As for why we have 3 cars: we're preparing the RSX to either give to a charity or to one of her poorer relatives. I loved that car. I buy my cars new and run them until it is time to move on. I got 130k miles into that car before it was time to say goodbye.

Because a freaking Drunk Driver nailed it in a headlong collision. 60 miles per hour ((Drunken Woman)), versus me at a dead standstill, freaking out, flicking my brights, honking my horn. For five seconds. As I watched her approach. In action movie slow motion.[/QUOTE]

The GTI has started my Volkswagen obsession, very fun cars. DSG is fucking awesome. I'm thinking of getting a 2005 Jetta GLI after I graduate. I don't really like the 2006 and 2007 models.

[quote name='guinaevere']Rusty, do you have the original engine in your ghia?[/QUOTE]

No. The car's engine had been upgraded by a previous owner. And this past February I replaced most of the engine when the lifter sleeve broke necessitating a new engine case, cam shaft, and practically everything else.

[quote name='CrimGhost']The GTI has started my Volkswagen obsession, very fun cars. DSG is fucking awesome. I'm thinking of getting a 2005 Jetta GLI after I graduate. I don't really like the 2006 and 2007 models.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm really a serious Hatchback junkie myself. So many fond memories of fitting large quantities of stuff into my RSX as SUV owners look on.

... Or getting a large HDTV home in the pouring rain. As a guy with an open bed truck watched me. With a sad face. Because he'd have to get his delivered. That was priceless.

This is the first German car I've ever owned, and the /little/ design features that make complete sense are awesome. DSG, as I said, is /fun/ in a really frightening way. The car and I are getting used to each other, with the transmission begging me to become one of those Road Douches who drives like a complete ass.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Why, a rusty Ghia of course. Specifically a 1964 Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia.[/QUOTE]

Now that is a neat little car. The rust would really bother me, however.

I own and drive a 2003 chevy trailerblazer ls black. I like it for it's compact size and I have room to carry a handful amount of people.

I bought a 1998 Suzuki Esteem with less than 50k miles about a month ago. It came with the generic story about the old lady that owned it and hardly drove it.
Cheap on gas and can hold surfboards--all that matters.

Worst name ever though. Jokes include the "no self-esteem", it runs on "esteem" or oh, I thought it was a Subaru.

780022700_d4dbe4d747_m.jpg

[quote name='gofishn']Just got a nice red Nissan 350Z to complement my red 1970 Datsun 240Z.[/QUOTE]

I demand pics of both!

Wow, D_Icon, just wow.

Did you specifically look for a Renegade YJ or did you just want a Wrangler or it was just available at the time?

I'm definately assuming you don't go offroading in it.

The fenders on the Renegade weren't made for off-roading. My dad always liked the Renegade, he had this for years. He sold it then bought it back. He would have sold it again and was gonna buy me a "new car", but I told him I wanted the Renegade.

For off-roading in Mexico:
uploadng pics.

[quote name='Prepster']Nice car :applause:

I myself drive an 2005 Mazda RX-8, the weekender
1996 Ford Explorer, this is my daily driver[/quote]

Nice, you own an rx-8 . Is it fast? I've heard that it is pretty slow compared to other cars.

[quote name='assassinX']Nice, you own an rx-8 . Is it fast? I've heard that it is pretty slow compared to other cars.[/quote]

Its not slow, but its nowhere near as fast as I would like it to be. The RX-8 is amazing on the track though since it takes turns better than any other car I have ever had (Mustang GT, Audi TT, 350z). But if you strictly want speed in a car then get a mustang gt lol.

lg_2006%20TSX(1).jpeg

I have a 2004 TSX, it's been a great car. I've had it for two years now, bought it used with about 7000 miles on it.

I don't know if I have any pictures of my TSX, but it's the same color as the one in the picture.

[quote name='msdmoney']
lg_2006%20TSX%281%29.jpeg

I have a 2004 TSX, it's been a great car. I've had it for two years now, bought it used with about 7000 miles on it.

I don't know if I have any pictures of my TSX, but it's the same color as the one in the picture.[/quote]Hey...that's my daily driver, too. Carbon Gray Pearl is the color name, I think.

bread's done
Back