What was the last concert/show you went to?

Alkaline Trio
w/ American Steel, The Fashion
July 12 @ Irving Plaza, NYC

Wasn't impressed by the openers but AK3 was a blast.

Ridiculously good week here. So much stuff I want to go to.

Tuesday: Titus Andronicus

Wednesday: Boris, Torche, Nachtmystium (alternately, The Duchess and the Duke are playing a free show)

Thursday: The Hold Steady

Friday: Cobra Verde

Saturday: The Mirrors (reunion of seminal proto-punk band)

Next Monday: !!! (not sure, I saw them a while back and they were uninspiring)

Next Tuesday: King Khan and the Shrines

Next Wednesday: Film School & Jeremy Jay (Jay is also doing a free acoustic set at the excellent music store next door to the venue).

At The Gates w/ Darkest Hour, Municipal Waste and Toxic Holocaust.

I went liking 3 of the 4 band and honestly didn't enjoy it that much.

Saw these bands yesterday at sub pop fest in redmond,wa:
Les thugs
Comets on Fire
Foals
Grand Archives
Green River
Wolf Parade

all of them were awsome! and im glad that green river is back and kicking ass

Last concert I went to was a while ago. Pearl Jam @ MSG so June 24th and 25th. Can't believe it's almost been a month since then. Anyway next concert I'm going to is Eddie Vedder NY 1 if anyone cares ^_^

[quote name='strummerbs']
Wednesday: Boris, Torche, Nachtmystium [/quote]

Saw these guys last night. Boris and Torche were good, Nachtmystium, not so much.

The drummer from Torche did a front-flip into the crowd during Boris. Damn was he sweaty. :lol:

Just got back from Origin.. I think I broke my neck! It's a late Wednesday night, the crowd wasn't as big as it could've been. My next show is probably Slough Feg.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Saw the Ting Tings last night. They put on a fun show but goddamn, the 16/17-year-olds there were fucking stupid.[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing them at Lollapalooza next weekend...happy to hear that they put on a good show.

(The Ting Tings I mean, not the 16/17-year-olds.)

[quote name='bmachine']Looking forward to seeing them at Lollapalooza next weekend...happy to hear that they put on a good show.

(The Ting Tings I mean, not the 16/17-year-olds.)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Just got back from Rock the Bells.

fucking great. Never thought Tribe would kill it like that. So satisfied.

Blue Oyster Cult friday night.

You know your career has gone downhill when you play two shows at the santa cruz beach boardwalk, both in one night.

Despite that, they were pretty good, most of the band werent from the original band but they played the original hits (ie. reaper, cities, godzilla, burnin)

[quote name='senorwoohoo']:lol:

Just got back from Rock the Bells.

fucking great. Never thought Tribe would kill it like that. So satisfied.[/quote]

Badass. How long was the whole concert?

Saw Nine inch nails last night and they were fucken awsome! they played all the hits including hurt,terrible lie piggy, march of the pigs etc...they also played the new songs ghost with kick ass visuals,and new songs from their latest album, over all great show ,2 hours + long

[quote name='Bavgate']Badass. How long was the whole concert?[/QUOTE]

I missed Wale's set, the first of the day, at noon since I got through the doors at 12:30ish. So it was about 10.5 hours long.

It was great/embarrassing when I flipped out during De La doing "Rock Co. Kane Flow" and everyone else, except my g/f, didn't know it.

Spiritualized and The Dirtbombs on Friday.

The Dirtbombs were amazing, but the crowd was kind of lousy.

Spiritualized was perfect. Both their slower blues/gospel numbers and their feedback-laced harder stuff were equally powerful, and they had a perfect flow through the set.

I went and saw Gov't Mule on friday with Rose Hill Drive as the opener.

Rose Hill Drive was meh but Gov't Mule was fucking amazing.

They played 2 hour and half sets and 3 encore songs bring the time over 3+ hours. Warren Haynes is fucking win with the guitar too, he was ripping it all night. Paid $22 for a ticket and man the show was easily worth $75.

[quote name='rabbitt']Radiohead was last night.

Thom Yorke is a fucking scientist.[/quote]

Yes. I came to that conclusion when I saw them in 1997 - they were SICK. Johnny Greenwood is also a scientist of sound - because he's mathematically putting it down.

[quote name='javeryh']Yes. I came to that conclusion when I saw them in 1997 - they were SICK. Johnny Greenwood is also a scientist of sound - because he's mathematically putting it down.[/QUOTE]

They played for a really long time - no less than 30 songs. The entirety of In Rainbows was woven through their older material. Johnny played the keyboard with the end of his guitar for the final song.

I want them to come back again.

[quote name='rabbitt']They played for a really long time - no less than 30 songs. The entirety of In Rainbows was woven through their older material. Johnny played the keyboard with the end of his guitar for the final song.

I want them to come back again.[/quote]

You might get lucky and have the show posted HERE. They have a ton of live stuff available - mostly soundboard and satellite/radio broadcasts.

Dang, they played Exit Music, Paranoid Android, HTDC and Dollars and Cents plus AWATD. I would've loved to hear those.

Here's what they played:

"15 Step,"
"There There,"
"Morning Bell,"
"All I Need,"
"Pyramid Song,"
"Nude,"
"Weird Fishes/Arpeggi,"
"The Gloaming,"
"The National Anthem,"
"A Wolf at the Door,"
"Faust Arp,"
"Exit Music (For a Film),"
"Jigsaw Falling into Place,"
"Idioteque,"
"Climbing Up the Walls,"
"Bodysnatchers,"
"How to Disappear Completely"
*FIRST ENCORE*
"Videotape,"
"Paranoid Android,"
"Dollars & Cents,"
"Reckoner,"
"Street Spirit (Fade Out)"
*SECOND ENCORE*
"House Of Cards,"
"Lucky,"
"Everything in Its Right Place"

Just got back from Lollapalooza in Chicago. Good times, indeed.

Here's who I saw:

FRIDAY
Manchester Orchestra
Rogue Wave (for a few minutes)
Louis XIV
The Kills (for a few minutes)
Gogol Bordello
Mates of State
Bloc Party
CSS
Radiohead

SATURDAY
Margot and the Nuclear So-and-So's
The Ting Tings
Innerpartysystem
The Gutter Twins
MGMT
Brand New
Battles (for a few minutes)
Broken Social Scene (for a few minutes)
The Toadies
Rage Against the Machine (first 2-3 songs)

SUNDAY
Office
White Lies
Tally Hall
Brazilian Girls (for a bit)
Perry Farrell w/ Slash
Chromeo (for a bit)
Iron and Wine
Saul Williams (first 3 songs)
Flogging Molly
Love and Rockets
The National
Nine Inch Nails

I usually loves me some Radiohead but I thought their performance was a bit lifeless. Setlist here:
15 Step, There There, All I Need, Nude, Weird Fishes, The Gloaming, The National Anthem, Faust Arp, No Surprises, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, Reckoner, Lucky, The Bends, Everything In Its Right Place, Fake Plastic Trees, Bodysnatchers, Videotape, Paranoid Android, Dollars and Cents, House of Cards, Optimistic, 2+2=5, Idioteque.

The Toadies and NIN were awesome.

Tally Hall and Innerpartysystem were both pleasant surprises.

I also got to play some Little Big Planet...it was a blast.

I'm tired, sunburned, sore, and jetlagged. It was worth every minute.

I just saw Priscilla Ahn at the Tin Angel in Philly. I went with friends even though I had never heard of her. It was O.K. A little too girly for my taste.

Lisk Fest is coming up in Irvine in October. The lineup so far is Pennywise, Gorilla Biscuits, Ignite, The Aquabats, Rival Schools, Set Your Goals, Death By Stereo, and No Trigger. More to be added...sounds like fun so far. :)

[quote name='JJSP']Lisk Fest is coming up in Irvine in October. The lineup so far is Pennywise, Gorilla Biscuits, Ignite, The Aquabats, Rival Schools, Set Your Goals, Death By Stereo, and No Trigger. More to be added...sounds like fun so far. :)[/QUOTE]

aquabats is fun live ans so are SYG and DBS..No trigger is meh live

I went to Kanye's concert today/last night and now I've got like a horrible taste in my mouth (not literally). I thought it was decent, but that's the problem. It was disgusting to hear everyone on his nuts as if it were the greatest show of all time. It definitely didn't live up to the hype. Parts of it were pretty sweet, although those were balanced out by parts that were lame as fuck. I feel so cheated. And that's cause I was near the back of the floor section ($190 seats). I also got tickets to see it again tomorrow, and am regretting spending the extra $500. (My original plan was to sell the ghetto seats after I found out they had good ones for sale, but nobody bought them.)

I think the people are more excited about the setup than Kanye himself. Throughout the concert, I couldn't help but compare it to 50/G-Unit's, and think "those bitches tore the place down, and they didn't need any fancy video screens to get the crowd hyped up."

I need a hug. Anyone?

I take back what I said in my previous post. I sat (stood) in the front row this time around (it makes a HUGE difference), and was rolling balls (which also helped), so I had a pretty good time. :)

Jay-Z came out at the very end, as well.

Went and saw my friend's band, Sea Fields of Elephants, at their EP release party tonight. Really fun show, and I made off with 5 CDs, 3 of which were free. :)

Went and hung out with the band members afterward. It's a shame, since it was one of their last shows. :[

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Melvins and Big Business last night.

Pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]

We Are Scientists was last night. They put on a real solid show. Also, the guys were hilarious.

[quote name='rabbitt']We Are Scientists was last night. They put on a real solid show. Also, the guys were hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Nice, glad to hear you enjoyed it. And yeah, they're funny bastards.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Melvins and Big Business last night.

Pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't happen to remember what The Melvins played, would you?

[quote name='bmachine']Nine Inch Nails
w/ Deerhunter

Thursday, August 7
Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, CT[/QUOTE]

awsome! how awsome was it?

bread's done
Back