What was the last concert/show you went to?

Gonna go and pick up a ticket for Mastodon when they head back to town on April 9th.

I'll be up in the area near the box office, so I'd rather pick them up there because no fees and fuck Ticketmaster.

Yellow Brick Road's Symphonic Rock Show in Henderson. I've seen the band before, but this show was even better. They are a cover band, but still one of the best bands I've ever seen, period. They play regularly here in Vegas, if you want to see a good show, check them out.

Of Monsters and Men a couple weeks ago here in Chicago. So flippin' awesome.

Then I was exposed to the Eluveitie ever for the first time in my life. Holy shit that was awesome. Folk metal bands with 8 band members (some of whom play multiple instruments) made for one of the most memorable things I've seen live.

Very cool. I really like Eluveitie. I saw them a couple years ago with Amon Amarth. Man, that was a killer show.

[quote name='nasum']Buckethead at First Ave last night. So awesome. Still smiling like a little kid at christmas.[/QUOTE]

I saw him in Philly a couple weeks ago, good show but I've seen him do better.

He was definitely on here. Odd that he switched to an Engl Powerball after using the Boogie Triple Rectumfrier for so long. Kind of bummed that he didn't play anything off of Monsters & Robots though.

Well my problem was that I'm used to seeing him perform for 2 and a half hours by himself or with a drummer and bass player but the whole focus is on him. That last show he only played 45 minutes solo then another 45 minutes to an hour with That 1 Guy and there they keep switching spotlights. Don't get me wrong, I really dig That 1 Guy, I've seen him solo 3 times, but I prefer to see them each do their 2+ hour solo sets.

Ahh, haven't posted in a while. Big 4 last September kicked ass.. Slayer stole the show for me. I say that with the disclaimer that I didn't know what to expect and was blown away. Metallica was awesome but.. I expected that. Of course Anthrax and Megadeth were excellent as well. Traveled to NYC from Cleveland for it and was a great time. Being on the floor of Yankee stadium was an experience in and of itself.

After that I didn't venture out too much before the normal Mushroomhead shows. Saw Anthrax headline over Testament at the HoB in Cleveland in November and it has to be one of my favorite shows of last year. The venue can make or break a peformance IMO. Was great to see Billy and Joey genuinely enjoying their time on stage and with a smaller venue like that, it was not a problem to get close to stage and feel connected to the performance versus watching a screen from 200+ feet back.

Skipped a GnR show in Youngstown since I was sick (quit smoking from that little bout) but I heard they went on close to 12a and played for over two hours.. wouldn't have been reasonable for me to attend on a worknight an hour+ away but I can live without seeing them in that form.

Was pleasantly surprised to find that Tool announced a small tour and made sure to get tickets despite them playing only as close as Toledo (I'm sure they'd sell out a Cleveland venue but who knows). Show was great.. they played for just about 90 minutes (shorter than the drive from Cleveland) but it felt like a full set despite wanting more from their extensive catalog of available songs. I had never seen them before and I guess they played a few songs they never used to do live. I would love to see them again but closer to home.

In February I made the trek to Chicago to see Gigantour. First visit to the city was a trip. Hopped off the bus and grabbed a pizza at Giordanos before even checking into the hotel despite the snow storm we were enduring (Highly recommend that place btw). Foolishly, I thought it would be a good idea to leave the coat and take a train to the venue from the loop in just a hoody so I wasn't burning up inside. The Aragon ballroom was a beautiful venue and was wide open general admission (my preference). Missed Lacuna Coil but caught Volbeat from the start. They sounded really solid live and I would recommend them to anyone on the fence. Motorhead was up next and killed it. Lemmy is truly a legend and even though you can't understand wtf he's saying most of the time, the live show is heavy and energetic and more than you should expect from a speedfreak who still drinks a bottle of jack everyday into his 60s. When Megadeth came on, Daves vocals were way too low and between the travel/booze/having seen them already, I felt like I had a good enough time seeing the openers to sit through a horribly mixed set and left about 5 songs in.

Recently, just saw Soulfly a few weeks back (sad to see them play in a club in front of maybe 200 people but is probably why the short 1 hr set = / and then Rammstein the other night.. holy shit they are a crazy bunch of fucks. Forget the commodities market, if the price of gas goes up it's because these guys are on tour. Pyro or theatrics during almost every song. Let me just say their music stands on its own and to see the show they put on it's most likely a steal at whatever price you pay for the tickets. If you pass on a chance to see them, you are missing out. That's all I can say. They played for about two hours and there was never a down moment. Intense energy and performance.

Upcoming shows: Hed 2 Head 3 tour next Saturday, Rock on the Range in two weeks, RHCP in June, Mayhem Fest in July and Kiss/Motley Crue in Sept. Kicking around the idea of seeing Adrenaline Mob, Aerosmith, Reel Big Fish and Sublime with Rome ($40 for them though... kind of salty about that).

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Arctic Monkeys and The Black Keys monday at the Rose Garden... it was fecking awesome man and the place was packed with cute girlz.

Saw Rammstein @ DCU Center in Worcester, MA two weeks ago. Pit tix + sitting outside early = sitting on the rail having pyro in my face the whole concert.

http://youtu.be/OuDNSR6k6dg?hd=1

Rammstein01-525x420.jpg

12.jpg

Going to Free Press Summer Fest here in Houston on June 2 & 3. The lineups look fucking awesome. I'm gonna be sweating my ass off but getting to see Primus, Snoop Dogg, Willie Nelson AND The Flaming Lips perform the entire Dark Side of the Moon album is soooooo worth it.

Dave Matthews Band last night.

They put on a good show as always, but I'd probably rank it at the bottom of the 14 shows I've seen (first saw them in 1996).

Setlist was pretty bland, and the crowd in the lawn was awful and would not shut up and pay attention to the show. Made it hard to hear the quiet songs. Last time I'll ever get lawn seats, I'll shell out on Stubhub if I have to to avoid lawn in the future.

Saw the Dark Star Orchestra last night (they are a Greatful Dead Tribute sort of).

They played the October 11th, 1983 setlist of the Dead. Rocked the house for almost 3 and a half hours of playing (and this was play time, not including the time of the breaks they took). Great fucking jamming, and playing and I recommend it for jam rock/Dead fans highly.

Stoneburner
Kowloon Walled City
SLEEP

Al Cisneros walked on stage smoking a joint, then handed it off to the crowd. It went all uphill from there. That was a god damn religious experience.

Saw Floater a few weeks ago, by far the most amazing show of my life. In a great intimate theater as a fund raiser to restore the historic building. And if you don't know who Floater is, I highly recommend them.

Saw Video Games Live when they played right after day 2 of E3. Thought it might be a little nerdy for me, but it was surprisngly really good. Classical video game music played by an orchestra plus a lot of talent was there (nolan bushnell, main guy from Toto, a bunch of ppl on skype), had a great time.

shame I'm missing EDC this weekend, anyone go?

Didn't go to EDC, but heard they cut it short on night 2 due to high winds. Last show I went to was Fun. at the HOB in LA for a surprise set after their appearance on Kimmel. Open bar paid for by T-Mobile was pretty awesome too!

Saw Zappa Plays Zappa tonight. I was horribly disappointed.

So Dweezel Zappa spent way too much time talking about shit I don't care about. He literally spent about 5 minutes maybe longer talking about how Eddie Van Halen visited his house then he started playing Van Halen. I came here to see fucking Zappa, not Van Halen. Overall too much talking, the songs were good, but there wasn't anything that made me say oh I am glad I seen this. I had people say how amazing Zappa Plays Zappa are, but I was disappointed.

My GF was supposed to come, but she couldn't make it due to being sick and well she had the right idea of not going. I would of probably been better off staying home playing Diablo III.

Juicy Karkass
Snuggle
SKARP
LEFTOVER CRACK

I forgot how much fun LoC shows are. Plus any opportunity to see the almighty Skarp is well worth the price of admission.

Saw Rush last April during their Time Machine Tour. Best performance I have ever seen. My dad and I had the time of our lives. I'll truly never forget that night.

Warped tour 04': Thursday, taking back Sunday, rise against , yellow card, new found glory, sugarcult, penny wise, atmosphere the casualties..... I smoked so much and partied from 12-9 it was incredible...:bouncy:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Juicy Karkass
Snuggle
SKARP
LEFTOVER CRACK

I forgot how much fun LoC shows are. Plus any opportunity to see the almighty Skarp is well worth the price of admission.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen LoC for a long time. Do they have a new album coming out?

Don't know. As far as I knew they had broken up when Stza formed Star Fucking Hipsters a few years back so this performance was kind of a surprise. The only album they had for sale was a recent Star Fucking Hipsters/Jesus Fucking Christ split.

bread's done
Back