What was the last concert/show you went to?

Saw the Metal Alliance Tour tonight with Anthrax, Exodus, High on Fire, Municipal Waste and Holy Grail. One of Anthrax's encore songs was "I'm the Man" so that alone made it worth it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Saw the Metal Alliance Tour tonight with Anthrax, Exodus, High on Fire, Municipal Waste and Holy Grail. One of Anthrax's encore songs was "I'm the Man" so that alone made it worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing this in Philly in a couple weeks. Love that Anthrax is playing March of the S.O.D., too bad they don't continue it with Sargent D and the S.O.D. The one thing about this tour that really pisses me off is that High on Fire isn't playing the Philly date and Shadows Fall is stepping in for them, a terrible replacement since I bought tickets specifically for Anthrax and HoF.

[quote name='tcrash247']I'm seeing this in Philly in a couple weeks. Love that Anthrax is playing March of the S.O.D., too bad they don't continue it with Sargent D and the S.O.D. The one thing about this tour that really pisses me off is that High on Fire isn't playing the Philly date and Shadows Fall is stepping in for them, a terrible replacement since I bought tickets specifically for Anthrax and HoF.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's such a weird replacement considering HoF brought some variety to the show and so it wasn't pure thrash. Speaking of which, Shadows Fall's guitarist who is their temporary live guitarist looked so out of place seeing them live. Since he remains so calm during solos and kept to just one expression, not complaining, but you can tell with his lack of interaction. Meanwhile Jon Dette did a hell of a job replacing Charlie on drums.

[quote name='tcrash247']I'm seeing this in Philly in a couple weeks. Love that Anthrax is playing March of the S.O.D., too bad they don't continue it with Sargent D and the S.O.D. The one thing about this tour that really pisses me off is that High on Fire isn't playing the Philly date and Shadows Fall is stepping in for them, a terrible replacement since I bought tickets specifically for Anthrax and HoF.[/QUOTE]

Wow, 'March of the S.O.D' too awesome!

Oh man, that sucks there is no HoF! :( They always put on a killer show too!

I've seen Shadows Fall a few times and they were not horrible, just not memorable.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yeah, it's such a weird replacement considering HoF brought some variety to the show and so it wasn't pure thrash. Speaking of which, Shadows Fall's guitarist who is their temporary live guitarist looked so out of place seeing them live. Since he remains so calm during solos and kept to just one expression, not complaining, but you can tell with his lack of interaction. Meanwhile Jon Dette did a hell of a job replacing Charlie on drums.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, HoF still would be appreciated by the Thrash crowd and not be Overkill (oh look what I did there ;) )

Oh and HoF also had some of the best merch there without a doubt. Besides the usual awesome hand drawn artwork like the ones from recent covers (which looked amazing on a baseball tee) they also had a shirt and hoodie with Richard Pryor's face and below it said "High on Fire". It was so simple, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Oh and HoF also had some of the best merch there without a doubt. Besides the usual awesome hand drawn artwork like the ones from recent covers (which looked amazing on a baseball tee) they also had a shirt and hoodie with Richard Pryor's face and below it said "High on Fire". It was so simple, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.[/QUOTE]

Oh man that is classic! :applause:

Saw Jeff Mangum of Neutral Milk Hotel tonight. It was amazing. The crowd was great, almost nobody had phones out. Jeff told us it was one of his favorite shows so far on this tour. Everyone was singing along, which made for a great atmosphere.

Saw Big Wreck tonight, Dude has some mad guitar skills and pipes (can def see the Chris Cornell comparison)

h6hc2uJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was supposed to see Gaga in NYC two months ago but the injury. Last show I went to was "Lonely Hearts Club Tour" with Marina and The Diamonds and Icona Pop, and the next one is also Marina and The Diamonds in May

On Saturday:

Same-Sex Dictator
Brain Scraper
Beseech The Queen
Wilt
Black Queen
Badr Vogu

Some other bands bailed which kinda sucked, but still was a good show for $7.

Caught a good bit of the free final four concerts in Atlanta.

Muse was very good Saturday night (other than the power going out on the stage causing a 15 minute delay) and Sting and Dave Matthews Band were great last night.

My last show was Taking Back Sunday in San Francisco (Regency Ballroom) for their Tell All Your Friends 10th Anniversary tour. It brought back the memoriez.

The last concert I saw was Styx. You guys make me feel like an old man. :/

Has anybody here seen Three Days Grace since the leader singer left? I liked their last album and wanted to see them, but I'm not sure about the new singer.

Going to see How to Destroy Angels next Thursday in San Francisco, haven't heard a song but my bff is a huge Trent Reznor fan and she bought us tickets to go.

Same here, except I saw them on 3/26 and the sea of punks I was swimming in were of the NYC variety!

*My favorite band ever!*

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Bad Religion last night. I was swimming in a sea of sweaty SLC Punks, and I loved it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Beatofficer']Going to see How to Destroy Angels next Thursday in San Francisco, haven't heard a song but my bff is a huge Trent Reznor fan and she bought us tickets to go.[/QUOTE]
Tell me how that goes. I'm still kinda mixed on HTDA, but still a big Reznor fan and I'm curious how they are live.

[quote name='bardockkun']Tell me how that goes. I'm still kinda mixed on HTDA, but still a big Reznor fan and I'm curious how they are live.[/QUOTE]

I watched some vids on youtube and it's pretty cool, not as impressive as the Lights In The Sky tour, though nothing will ever top that. I wasn't into HTDA at first, but after a few listens I pretty much love Welcome Oblivion. I really wish they were hitting Philly but they're not, hopefully they do a second leg before Trent goes full NIN.

Have plans tonight, but hoping to get to a venue near my house later this evening to see Dropdead. Not able to get to the Immortal Technique show in time, which is a bit of a downer.

[quote name='mykevermin']Have plans tonight, but hoping to get to a venue near my house later this evening to see Dropdead. Not able to get to the Immortal Technique show in time, which is a bit of a downer.[/QUOTE]

Dropdead is ridiculous live. I caught them at a basement show once and it fucking ripped.

HTDA was really really really good live. You can tell Reznor's wife isn't used to the crowd cheering so hardcore for them. This show was awesome because it was maybe 500 people (sold out) and the set Reznor put together was cool. It was like a really cool light show. The only thing that kind of sucked was they were about 30 feet away from the front of the stage on top of being behind what I think was hanging fiber optic strands.

Anthrax, Exodus, etc. last night. Exodus was awful, I've never listened to them and I'm glad. They sounded like shit too. Anthrax was fantastic though.

Coachella 2013 Weekend 1 goer here!

Going to be posting some blog posts about what I saw and enjoyed. It was a freaking epic weekend and I want to go back again!

[quote name='Beatofficer']HTDA was really really really good live. You can tell Reznor's wife isn't used to the crowd cheering so hardcore for them. This show was awesome because it was maybe 500 people (sold out) and the set Reznor put together was cool. It was like a really cool light show. The only thing that kind of sucked was they were about 30 feet away from the front of the stage on top of being behind what I think was hanging fiber optic strands.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the details.
[quote name='tcrash247']Anthrax, Exodus, etc. last night. Exodus was awful, I've never listened to them and I'm glad. They sounded like shit too. Anthrax was fantastic though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, when I saw them the lead singer of Exodus came off as a total dick. As in him and the rest of the band wish they were somewhere else. Also I'm amazed in seeing Anthrax four or five times now in the past two years or so they've been able to maintain such energy and enthusiasm still. I'm eager to see what their new album entails.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yeah, when I saw them the lead singer of Exodus came off as a total dick. As in him and the rest of the band wish they were somewhere else. Also I'm amazed in seeing Anthrax four or five times now in the past two years or so they've been able to maintain such energy and enthusiasm still. I'm eager to see what their new album entails.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on Exodus, the crowd wasn't into them much (because they sucked) and you could tell the singer was angry about it. Maybe if they sounded good people would have been happier, though I doubt it because their music sucked too. Every band's mix was 10 times better than Exodus.

[quote name='tcrash247']Agreed on Exodus, the crowd wasn't into them much (because they sucked) and you could tell the singer was angry about it. Maybe if they sounded good people would have been happier, though I doubt it because their music sucked too. Every band's mix was 10 times better than Exodus.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he was pissed here in Denver as well. He kept going on how he wanted a bigger mosh pit and went on random rants here and there with "IS IT BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE SO HIGH IS WHY YOU'RE SO DAMN CALM?!" Though all their songs did sound the same. Though yeah, they weren't deserving of alot of people's attention. The best part about their set was when a fight broke out and a guy and his girlfriend beat up some other guy right next to me and it went all the way to the merch area.

[quote name='bardockkun']Thanks for the details.

Yeah, when I saw them the lead singer of Exodus came off as a total dick. As in him and the rest of the band wish they were somewhere else. Also I'm amazed in seeing Anthrax four or five times now in the past two years or so they've been able to maintain such energy and enthusiasm still. I'm eager to see what their new album entails.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I didn't bother going to that Anthrax show with them, never liked exodus except for 1-2 songs.

I've seen Anthrax 2 times and they always kick ass and the most pits are pretty cool, can't wait to see them again with Iron Maiden later this year.

Spacebag
Eight Bells
SubRosa
Bell Witch

Bell Witch played the same set they did last time, which was lame. SubRosa however played some brand new tracks that were fucking awesome. Can't wait for their new album this year.

Lindsey Stirling first week of March in STL.

She was awesome but her opening act sucked hardcore. Everyone was on their phones for his entire set he was so terrible.

Anybody ever been to an Eagles show? I just found out that they're touring this summer, and I'm contemplating going. I love Eagles, but I'm not sure if the $100+ ticket is worth it. I mean, I love The Offspring too, but they put on a pretty shitty show at Summerfest.

Also thinking about seeing the Rolling Stones at the end of May. My dad and I were going to buy tickets on opening day, but they were a bit expensive, so we decided to go to the Indy 500 instead. But the more I think about it, the more I think it might be worth it. Any opinions? Despite the fact that gang is almost 70, is it worth it?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Spacebag
Eight Bells
SubRosa
Bell Witch

Bell Witch played the same set they did last time, which was lame. SubRosa however played some brand new tracks that were fucking awesome. Can't wait for their new album this year.[/QUOTE]

Subrosa? The band from Gainesville with former members of For Squirrels? If so, I'll have to look into it. I would love a new album.

Edit: Not the band I was hoping for. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tcrash247']I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man.[/QUOTE]

I should have known. :lol: Seriously, I look through this thread and I only recognize 1 out of every 100 bands you guys name. (Notice I just said recognize, not know or like.) I think I'm in the wrong generation. I should have been born in the early 60's. :cry:

bread's done
Back