What was the last concert/show you went to?

TV on the Radio with the Dirtbombs opening last night at Lupo's in Providence, R.I.

The sound sucked for the Dirtbombs, though they still killed it, and TVotR put on a sick show, per usual.

Weezer,angles and airwaves and tokiopolice club last night
Tokio was awsome, angles were boring and weezer kicked ass

A bunch of local bands, Misery Index, and Soilent Green.

Left right after Misery Index played, because Soilent Green sucks. Also, the new Misery Index album is awesome, usual deathgrind stuff, but better than some of the other stuff out there.

I haven't had a lot of free time to go to concerts, so the last one I went to was to see The Mars Volta back in 2005. I need to go to another show, but NOBODY good comes to Oklahoma.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']TV on the Radio with the Dirtbombs opening last night at Lupo's in Providence, R.I.

The sound sucked for the Dirtbombs, though they still killed it, and TVotR put on a sick show, per usual.[/quote]

I'm going to try to get out to see TVOTR later this month. I saw them way back in 2005 (...2004?) and they played most of "Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes", if I recall correctly. It was pretty great, and given the quality of their last two records, seeing them now should be pretty amazing.

[quote name='siderealshift']I'm going to try to get out to see TVOTR later this month. I saw them way back in 2005 (...2004?) and they played most of "Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes", if I recall correctly. It was pretty great, and given the quality of their last two records, seeing them now should be pretty amazing.[/QUOTE]

Yeap, you got it. Definitely try to get there for the show.

March 1st. Distant Worlds concert. Uematsu and Arnie Roth with the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra. First Amercian stop on the tour! :)

Well worth the money. It's coming to Michigan in April. I'm trying to gather people for a road trip, but it's going to be on a Tuesday. WTF.

Went last night:

Abstract Rude
Blueprint
Atmosphere

was pretty good, except for the insane feedback from the guitarist for Astmosphere.

[quote name='dastly75']The Gaslight Anthem

Wintersleep
Earl Greyhound
Portugal The Man[/QUOTE]
How was Gaslight?

[quote name='JJSP']How was Gaslight?[/quote]

They were really good. Saw them do a short set at a record shop. The singer was pretty laid back and fun. If you like their style, you'll like them live.

nin.jpg

:0)

I can't really say, only got to see their last song. Friend took forever getting ready and by the time we got there we had to wait for a while in line to pick up our tickets from will call.

Just got back from the NOFX show, it was pretty good other than losing my shoe during NOFX's set!

Paperback Tragedy
The Flatliners
Teenage Bottlerockets
Dillinger Four
NOFX

Teenage Bottlerockets were pretty good, reminded me of Screeching Weasel and The Queers. Haven't listened to them before so that was a nice surprise.

I mainly went to see Dillinger Four, I've been waiting for them to come around for at least 5 years, they definitely didn't disappoint. They played a few songs off the new album, but mostly songs off Versus God and Situationist Comedy.

NOFX was good. I only saw them at Warped Tour before so it was nice to get to see their full set, which was over an hour. They sure like to talk a lot between songs though.

[quote name='dastly75']The Gaslight Anthem

Wintersleep
Earl Greyhound
Portugal The Man[/quote]

I so wanted to see Gaslight Anthem, but I only found out they played where I'm at 2 days after they were there.:cry: Aww well, there'll be a next time. Also, probably the same is going to happen to NIN at Voodoofest. Still, I'd rather see a strict NIN show that him performing or a setlist at a festival.

I saw Viola by Choice performing two of Paganini's pieces earlier tonight.

Pretty good. Definitely different from most shows I've been to, seeing as how it was classical music.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Where was this?[/QUOTE]

San Antonio.

GRIEF at the Nowarehouse

Grief only got to play 4 songs, because the cops stopped the show. I got to meet the singer of Wake Up On Fire/OAK and the guitarist from Magrudergrind, they were just hanging out in the crowd. Amazing fucking show, great place to see crust and metal shows. I knew the place was amazing when I saw the bong and case of Pabst on the table in the middle of the room.

[quote name='Mojimbo']
nin.jpg

:0)[/quote]

NIN with Ghostland Observatory.... Hmm, I don't know about that. Ghostland Observatory could either be very entertaining or very... well, I don't want to say "bad", but everything I've heard from them except "delete.delete.i.eat.meat" was pretty crappy, I thought. Even "delete.delete" takes the right attitude to enjoy, I'd say.

This reminds me of the time I saw NIN/QOTSA/DFA1979 a few years back. Probably one of my favorite concert lineups ever. I think that was also the time that Homme smashed his guitar at the end of a song, and then gave it to a guy in the front row. Security tried to take it away from the guy, and Homme was like "No, no, let him have it. We're just trying to have fun, here. You don't need to put your dick in his ear."

Memo to self: TVOTR on 10/28. I need to remember that.

[quote name='siderealshift']
This reminds me of the time I saw NIN/QOTSA/DFA1979 a few years back. Probably one of my favorite concert lineups ever. I think that was also the time that Homme smashed his guitar at the end of a song, and then gave it to a guy in the front row. Security tried to take it away from the guy, and Homme was like "No, no, let him have it. We're just trying to have fun, here. You don't need to put your dick in his ear."
[/QUOTE]

Haha. That's a good story.

I took my girlfriend to see a production of Chicago my university was doing. It was damn good; much funnier than the movie.

Imperative Reaction / Aesthetic Perfection / SITD
@ Don Hill's, NYC
Fri, Oct 17

Some good "oontz" music there. Lots of dancing. Good times.

Decemberists next week!

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'm gonna be there.[/quote]

Friends who have seen TVOTR more recently than I have insist that I need to go. One friend in particular will really give it to me if I don't go, in much the same way that I questioned her decision-making skills after she chose not to see Saul Williams at UT Austin.

Also, I've never been to the Lakewood Theater, so that's another reason.

I was hoping to get on the list, but that may not be possible since ticket sales are through Ticketshyster.

[quote name='siderealshift']Friends who have seen TVOTR more recently than I have insist that I need to go. One friend in particular will really give it to me if I don't go, in much the same way that I questioned her decision-making skills after she chose not to see Saul Williams at UT Austin.

Also, I've never been to the Lakewood Theater, so that's another reason.

I was hoping to get on the list, but that may not be possible since ticket sales are through Ticketshyster.[/QUOTE]

Your friend is a huge chump for missing Saul Williams. He was amazing.

But isn't that TVOTR show at Stubb's? Or are you seeing them somewhere other than Austin?

Saw Baroness, High On Fire, and Opeth tonight. A pretty good show all around, Baroness and Opeth were great. Opeth played for around 2 hours. Kind of wish Baroness had a longer set since it seemed kind of short, but it was still awesome. Picked up an Opeth hoodie, a Baroness shirt, and a free Baroness CD (Red Album) while I was there.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Your friend is a huge chump for missing Saul Williams. He was amazing.[/quote]

That's what I said! As if Saul Williams wasn't enough, shit was FREE. I mean, come on!

[quote name='Liquid 2']But isn't that TVOTR show at Stubb's? Or are you seeing them somewhere other than Austin?[/quote]

As far as I know, 10/28 is Lakewood Theater (Dallas) and 10/30 is Stubb's. Unless there's an indoor stage at Stubb's that I don't know about, I'm glad I'm not seeing them there. As venues go, the outdoor part of Stubb's is... not great. But then, these past few years I've been spoiled by the Granada Theater here in Dallas.

[quote name='bmachine']

Decemberists next week![/quote]

awsome! i have to wait till the end of november for my decemberists show....

[quote name='siderealshift']That's what I said! As if Saul Williams wasn't enough, shit was FREE. I mean, come on!

As far as I know, 10/28 is Lakewood Theater (Dallas) and 10/30 is Stubb's. Unless there's an indoor stage at Stubb's that I don't know about, I'm glad I'm not seeing them there. As venues go, the outdoor part of Stubb's is... not great. But then, these past few years I've been spoiled by the Granada Theater here in Dallas.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well I'm seeing them on the 30th then. My bad.

Stubb's isn't that bad. You just need to get there early to get a good spot.

Saw candlebox in August. Pretty good concert.
They played the songs everyone wanted to hear, and a little of their new stuff too.
Good time, except for the fact that I pissed off my wife. fuck!!!!
Well at least I still had fun at the concert;)

[quote name='Liquid 2']Oh, well I'm seeing them on the 30th then. My bad.[/quote]

That makes sense -- I was wondering why you'd be seeing them in Dallas. Actually, my Saul-Williams-dissing friend told me that she's planning to see them at Stubb's as well, so I'll probably get the skinny on that show from her.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Stubb's isn't that bad. You just need to get there early to get a good spot.[/quote]

Yeah, but that's true most anywhere. The problem is that I never show up when doors open -- I usually aim for 1-1.5 hours after that, unless I actually care about the opening band. I'm ~6'2", so I can usually manage to secure a good view, even after showing up late. At Stubb's, though, popular groups can pull in quite a few fans, who gradually fill that sloping outdoor dust-field to form an impenetrable shoulder-to-shoulder phalanx of sweaty Texas slobs, and the closer you initially get to the stage, the further entrenched you are in that heaving slob matrix. I prefer the free-and-easy environment of an indoor, tiered, air-conditioned, smoke-free venue.

Then again, I'm primarily thinking back to when I saw NIN there years ago, so your experiences have likely differed. Nevertheless....

Anyway, I might go see ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead on November 7. It's at some place called "Club Dada" in Deep Ellum that looks a lot like the old Tea Room. Trail Of Dead's last record sucked, but I really like the rest of 'em, and I'm sure they'll play some new stuff.

(If any of you guys are Trail fans, this is a somewhat funny article about Conrad and his love of Final Fantasy and Fable: http://www.trailofdead.org/news/081008.php).

I went to the Bridge School Benefit concert on Sunday. Really really good on all counts except, as many reviewers have said, the excitement front. Regardless, the performances were flawless and I think that everyone who stuck around till the end would agree, Neil Young honestly and truly stole the show. His cover of The Beatles "A Day In The Life" was commanding.

• Neil Young
  • Cat Power
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Wilco
  • Smashing Pumpkins
  • Josh Groban
  • Norah Jones
  • Jack Johnson
  • Neil Young

:applause: Bravo.

Hey there everyone. I thought this would be a safe place to make my first post.

The last show i saw was The Fleet Foxes at the Cedar Cultural Center in Minneapolis. They were great but I was a bit disappointed that they didn't play anything new or put anything different into their already great songs. My last show should have been TV On The Radio last week but school obligations forced me to give the ticket away. It was quite a sad evening.

The Dirtbombs and TV on the Radio.
Not bad at all. Made me wish I listened to TV because I couldn't get into their songs as much as everyone else since I didn't know them. I was literally 10 feet away from the stage though, which was awesome. :)

Also: fuck 300 pound drunk dumbass cunts who think that jumping into and annoying the fuck out of everyone (extreme form of the one man moshpit/belligerent drunk) makes them hot shit.

bread's done
Back