What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='Bioshocked360']She was really good! She even did a cover of Buddy Holly's "Words of Love".[/QUOTE]

I'm now jealous of you...and slightly of rabbitt.

Cradle of Filth/Satyricon/Septicflesh in Times Square on Friday.. Incredible show, Filth is the shit. Satyricon kind of blew though, all of their songs sounded the same until they played Mother North, which was amazing. Septicflesh was a lot better than I expected.

Wow, I can finally post in this thread again. Hadn't been to a show in a while, but I went to see Streetlight Manifesto a couple weeks ago, and it was fantastic!

Saw Grizzly Bear & Final Fantasy Saturday night, both playing with the Brooklyn Philharmonic. It was a beautiful show.

I don't know about the last show I went to, but I just got tickets for Mr.Lif April 11th and Band of Horses on the 15th.

[quote name='mattheus']I don't know about the last show I went to, but I just got tickets for Mr.Lif April 11th and Band of Horses on the 15th.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrimGhost']Dysrhythmia
Tombs
Rosetta
The Wayward[/quote]

The Wayward is a great band, I bought two of their CD's when I saw them. Dysrhythmia goes without saying.

The Sword 01/25 The Ravari Room

The Sword killed as usual.

Before that was AC/DC with The Answer 11/22 Value City Arena.

AC/DC can definitely still kick ass!

kanye west glow in the dark tour in san jose
82%282%29.gif

Snuggle
The Damage Done
Neutralboy
Star Fucking Hipsters

It was Stz's (the vocalist/guitarist from SFH) birthday, so someone brought him a cake, which he proceeded to smash into someones face. He was so fucking sloshed the entire show. Ended up leaving halfway through to get more drinks, while the guitarist and drummer started an impromtu cover of "Reign In Blood", which promted Stz to rush back on stage to do vocals. Random as fuck all, but awesome.

Went to Gordon Lightfoot, a folk/rock artist i grew up listening to in the 60's/70's. Guy has a lotta sweet music to be heard, great time all around! :bouncy:

[quote name='farfus']Went to Gordon Lightfoot, a folk/rock artist i grew up listening to in the 60's/70's. Guy has a lotta sweet music to be heard, great time all around! :bouncy:[/quote]

I like how you had to define Gordon Lightfoot for all of us punk-ass kids. :lol:

Anyway, I'm going to miss Andrew Bird later this month because I'll be out of town. Damn and blast!

Modest Mouse last night. Kicked ass other than there being a hour between the last opening act and them taking the stage--but they played their full 2 hour set so all was well in the end.

Kick ass set list as well:

Set:

Spitting Venom
Never Ending Math Equation
The View
Doin' The Cockroach
Fire It Up
Wild Packs Of Family Dogs
Here It Comes
Dashboard
Guilty Cocker Spaniel
Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes
Bukowski
Dramamine
Education
3rd Planet
This Devil's Workday
Paper Thin Walls
Parting Of The Sensory

Encore:

The Good Times Are Killing Me
Bury Me With It
Alone Down There
Blame It On The Tetons

Got back at 2:00 AM this morning after seeing Bob Wiseman and Geoff Berner. Didn't really know much about Wiseman beforehand, but he was... yeah, he was alright, I guess. Whatever. I was there for Berner. My only real disappointment is that he is touring without his usual backup, so he could not do a number of songs that just don't sound right without any fiddle or percussion. Butfuckwhatever, 'cause he was still phenomenal. And a fair bit more sober than I expected.
[quote name='farfus']Went to Gordon Lightfoot, a folk/rock artist i grew up listening to in the 60's/70's. Guy has a lotta sweet music to be heard, great time all around! :bouncy:[/quote]Noice. Don Quixote is still one of my favourite songs of all time.

In the last week or so I've bought tickets for Lollapalooza, IAMX, Depeche Mode, and Alkaline Trio. I'm fucking broke.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Modest Mouse last night. [/quote]

Missed the on-sale for the NYC show this Sunday and it sold out. I'm thinking of seeing what I can snag at the front door...someone has got to be selling.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I just got tickets to see My Bloody Valentine on April 11th when they come to the Austin Music Hall. Blam, bitches!!![/quote]

Awesome...saw them last fall in the city. Bring your earplugs.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Modest Mouse last night. Kicked ass other than there being a hour between the last opening act and them taking the stage--but they played their full 2 hour set so all was well in the end.

Kick ass set list as well:

Set:

Spitting Venom
Never Ending Math Equation
The View
Doin' The Cockroach
Fire It Up
Wild Packs Of Family Dogs
Here It Comes
Dashboard
Guilty Cocker Spaniel
Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes
Bukowski
Dramamine
Education
3rd Planet
This Devil's Workday
Paper Thin Walls
Parting Of The Sensory

Encore:

The Good Times Are Killing Me
Bury Me With It
Alone Down There
Blame It On The Tetons[/QUOTE]Dang, dang, dang. I really, really would've liked to have heard them play Never Ending Math Equation, Wild Pack of Family Dogs and Dramamine when I saw them last week. I also wish they would dig Cowboy Dan and Teeth Like God's Shoeshine out of retirement. :0(

Hmm @ My Bloody Valentine. I'm not sure if I can find somebody to go with me, my friends are cheap and I don't think they're too familiar with them. :whistle2:?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I just got tickets to see My Bloody Valentine on April 11th when they come to the Austin Music Hall. Blam, bitches!!![/quote]

kick ass , im going to try and get a ticket for the Seattle show next week

Starfucker with Guidance Counselor, Future of the Ghost, and Patterstats

Great live show, I wish there weren't 4 bands playing though. I would've liked to see Starfucker play a longer set.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I also wish they would dig Cowboy Dan and Teeth Like God's Shoeshine out of retirement. :0(
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'd love to hear both of those live.

[quote name='MP77']Friday - The Wrens & Titus Andronicus
Sunday - AC Newman

An excellent weekend of music indeed[/QUOTE]

:drool: I'm so jealous it hurts.

Lou Barlow last night. No idea who he is, but a guy I knew wanted to see him.

HEALTH tonight. Pretty good, except for the assholes who were dancing. Who the fuck dances to HEALTH?
Marnie Stern was supposed to play, but I'm not sure what happened. :[

AIDS Wolf tomorrow, and maybe HEALTH again, and maybe other bands.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Lou Barlow last night. No idea who he is, but a guy I knew wanted to see him.

HEALTH tonight. Pretty good, except for the assholes who were dancing. Who the fuck dances to HEALTH?

AIDS Wolf tomorrow, and maybe HEALTH again, and maybe other bands.[/QUOTE]

Love HEALTH and their drummer is so great to watch live. Can't say I've seen anyone dance at their shows before though they do have the one member who jumps around the stage a lot

[quote name='Liquid 2']

AIDS Wolf tomorrow, and maybe HEALTH again, and maybe other bands.[/QUOTE]

HEALTH is one of the best bands live. Let me know about AIDS though. I went to see them a few days ago, and missed out, because they got lost on the way to the venue.

The last one I went to I believe was Disturbed with Sevendust. Only to find out the next shows got Disturbed with Killswitch, Lacuna Coil and Chimaira, but of course they're not coming back to my state. Damn bastards.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Lou Barlow last night. No idea who he is, but a guy I knew wanted to see him.

AIDS Wolf tomorrow, and maybe HEALTH again, and maybe other bands.[/quote]
I'm jealous that you got to see HEALTH. It sucks that Marnie Stern wasn't there though, she's really good live.

I just got back from Stereo Total with Leslie and the LYs, which makes 3 concerts in a row this week. My ears are ringing...Does anyone have recommendations for good concert earplugs?

Morrissey
Saturday, March 28
@ MGM/Foxwoods
Somewhere in the Woods, CT

I've been to a few Moz shows in my day and this was one of his best. Great banter, an incredible setlist, and his band is better than ever. They had some tech issues at the end that prevented a proper encore, which was disappointing...otherwise, this was a freakin' great night.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Does anyone have recommendations for good concert earplugs?[/quote]

Hearos are the best for concerts/shows. SenorWoohoo speaks the truth.

Etymotic also makes some good ones.

bread's done
Back