What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='georox'](I don't like Julien K, can you tell? The already failed opening for MSI, and now Combichrist too. *sigh*)[/QUOTE]

It's too bad, really. I kind of liked 'em back when they were called Orgy and had a decent lead singer.

[quote name='bmachine']It's too bad, really. I kind of liked 'em back when they were called Orgy and had a decent lead singer.[/QUOTE]

Their current vocalist needs to be dragged out back and shot.

[quote name='Antic']Ted Leo & the Pharmacists! :) Amazing show, especially since he came back out and played requests from the crowd for the encore.[/QUOTE]

Did he play anything totally random/unexpected? Any tin whistle solos? One time some friends and I tried to get him to play that Kelly Clarkson cover...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBr5FPIL8UU
...but he shot us down. Another time he suddenly busted out with a Thin Lizzy cover after talking with some people in the crowd.

The concert banter at a Ted Leo show really is second to none. (Well, actually, I take that back -- a "Freewheeling Yo La Tengo" show takes that crown.)

[quote name='Gentlegamer']July 24: Judas Priest and Whitesnake[/QUOTE]

Invasion of Cameros, mullets and acid-wash jeans. All joking aside I'm jealous!

First concert in over a decade for me. Saw Dave Matthews with the new girl this past Saturday and what a fucking awesome show.

She's big into concerts, so I know as long as I'm seeing her, I'll be going to alot more now. I know we're going to Mayhem in August as well as CrueFest 2.

[quote name='sp00ge']First concert in over a decade for me. Saw Dave Matthews with the new girl this past Saturday and what a fucking awesome show.
[/QUOTE]

Indeed it was awesome! I went both nights (my 11th and 12th DMB shows--been going off and on since 1996).

Saturday night was bar none the best show I've ever seen, by any band. Both nights were great, the band is just on fire this year. But Saturday's set list was phenomenal Bartender opener, Pig, Crush, Burning Down the House, close with Halloween? Wow! Esepcially Halloween, as I'd been dying to see that since I started going in 1996 and it had long been on the top of my list of songs I'd yet to see live.

Combichrist and Aesthetic Perfection fucking ROCKED! The first act was good too, not sure the name, walked in halfway through (Got lost on the way to the venue.) Julien K sucked ass... which was half expected.

Show was insane. Loved it. Now the wait til Angelspit/KMFDM, and the hopeful MI/OH Genitorturers tour dates.

[quote name='georox'] The first act was good too, not sure the name, walked in halfway through (Got lost on the way to the venue.) [/QUOTE]

That was probably Dismantled. Good shit.

[quote name='bmachine']That was probably Dismantled. Good shit.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it was. Looked em up this morning. Really good stage show by them. Julien K pretty much just fell on a dick and choked it seemed like... granted I just really really don't like them. Twice now I've had to suffer through em.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Last thursday saw Distant Worlds: Music from Final fantasy. Pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you were there too! I liked it a lot. I know a few people involved with the DSO, and they say it was their favorite set to perform.

[quote name='bmachine']Dismantled
Aesthetic Perfection
Julien-K
Combichrist
6/28/2009 @ Toad's Place, New Haven, CT[/QUOTE]

It was awesome wasn't it?

Placed an order for A Violent Emotion last night. I blame you.

[quote name='georox']It was awesome wasn't it?

Placed an order for A Violent Emotion last night. I blame you.[/QUOTE]

Excellent choice. That CD is so freakin' good.

I was actually a bit underwhelmed by the show. Started off strong but the energy level really crashed once Julien-K and Combichrist hit the stage.

[quote name='bmachine']Excellent choice. That CD is so freakin' good.

I was actually a bit underwhelmed by the show. Started off strong but the energy level really crashed once Julien-K and Combichrist hit the stage.[/QUOTE]

Julien-K killed the energy completely here, but it really picked back up with Combichrist. Reminded me of the last MSI concert I was at, Julien-K killed everything there too. Can't believe I've had to sit through em twice. Ugh.

I went to the Warped Tour in San Antonio yesterday, and I saw these bands:

TAT
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
I Set My Friends on Fire (Partial set while waiting)
Dance Gavin Dance
Streetlight Manifesto
Senses Fail
Alexisonfire (Just like two songs)
P.O.S.
3Oh!3 (Just "Don't Trust Me")

P.O.S. was by far the best show because he came out into the crowd for the entire show, so I was like 2 feet away from him the entire time.

I was kind of disappointed because I didn't get to see a few acts that I wanted to, like Bayside and Less Than Jake.

Not sure I responded to this thread before, but...

Last show was No Doubt/Paramore/the Sounds. My wife bought the tix. The venue did something interesting I hadn't encountered before - we had bought lawn tix for 10.00, and the cheapest seat was 45 or so. When we got there they had people roaming the lawn selling upgrade tix for 10.00 each. (We did). Seemed like a good way to offer a "bargain" to lawn attendees, and make some money off seats that obviously weren't sold anyway.
Glad we did, actually, because by the time No Doubt came on, the lawn was packed. There were still some holes in the seated area.

Next show: Play! A Video Game Symphony. My boy and I are going to that tonight. It should be interesting, it's part of the venue's Summer Symphony series and is decidedly less formal than a regular symphony. Plus it's outside.

Also went to the No Doubt/Paramore show on July 6th in KC. My girlfriend and I were able to pick up $96 tickets for half price.

Last edited by a moderator:
got back from Mighty Mighty bosstones ,,with Vvoodoo Glow Skull and Broadway call. Voodoo and MMB where awesome , Broadway call where alright.

VNV Nation
July 16 @ Webster Underground
Hartford, CT

Not technically a show...it was a meet-n-greet with a killer DJ set by Mark and Ronan. An excellent evening.

The Black Crowes. Outdoor rock festival,good show, but man did it ever rain hard! At least the rain stopped by the time the Crowes took the stage.
Next up AC/DC in August!

July 17, UW-Madison Memorial Union Terrace:

The Antlers
The Dutchess & The Duke
Cymbals Eat Guitars
Ponytail
Yeasayer

God, hearing Ponytail again reminded why I hated Ponytail the first time I heard them. What kills me is that the band itself is actually GOOD, but their lead singer's "singing" annoys the living piss out of me. She looks and sounds like she has Down's syndrome.

Yeasayer, on the other hand, brought it in a big way. I thought they sounded much better than they do on the record. I was pretty damn impressed by their performance of "2080".

VNV Nation
w/ Ayria, War Tapes
July 18 @ Nokia Theater, NYC

A real show this time. VNV did not disappoint.

War Tapes was a pleasant surprise, as well.

Killer show, great energy...The Dolls live is always an adventure.
signature_damoo.jpg
:)

The Sounds / Paramore / No Doubt @ Shoreline, Mountain View, CA

sold out show, 22k tickets sold

had general admission tickets, so my view wasn't great. audio was good. probably the biggest show i've ever been to.

The Sounds only played like 6 songs. Paramore was on for an hour or so. No Doubt played for a little over 2 hours.

bread's done
Back