What was the last concert/show you went to?

Murder by Death
@ Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT

Always a treat to see MBD live. They played 4 songs from their new album AND took audience requests at the end of the show.

VNV Nation
@ Toad's Place, New Haven, CT
3/25/2010

p1030046d.jpg

Saw a show with The Black Dahlia Murder, Obscura, Hatesphere, and Augury this month at the SA, TX White Rabbit. TBDM put on a great show, the rest sucked.

next one I'll probably go to is California Metalfest IV

Saw Joe Bonamassa last tuesday night, absolutey awesome guitarist! One super night of music, highly recommended!

My wife and I went to see Norah Jones, Saturday night. She did not disappoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night at the the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, OH:

Caverns, Danko Jones, and CLUTCH

Didn't catch Caverns and two songs of Danko made me want to kill the lead singer.

CLUTCH as usual didn't disappoint and rocked the house. Hardest working American band out there and one of the best live bands I have ever seen. They don't confirm to trends or major label bs they just do what they want and are masters at their craft. The rhythm section is one of the best in the business(Jean Paul is a master of percussion, Tim has the heavy riffs and Dan grooves along). The lead singer Neil Fallon is more like poet and has been crafting thought provoking lyrics for nearly two decades! Everyone asks me what are they? Extremely tough to label but probably the best is three words Pure Rock Fury!

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Muse/Silversun Pickups

Fantastic.[/QUOTE]

That would be a good one.

I'll probably be seeing Assemblage 23 on 5-5

[quote name='2DMention']I'll probably be seeing Assemblage 23 on 5-5[/QUOTE]

I'll be at his NYC show on 4/24. It's been a while since I've seen A23 live so I'm really looking forward to it.

I went to Coachella and saw these bands,

P.O.S.
Deer Tick
The Avett Brothers
She & Him
The Specials
Them Crooked Vultures
Echo & The Bunnymen
LCD Soundsystem
Vampire Weekend
Jay-Z
Fever Ray
Girls
White Rabbits
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
The xx
Hot Chip
MGMT
The Dead Weather
Devo
The Soft Pack
King Khan & The Shrines
Deerhunter
De La Soul
Matt & Kim
Florence + The Machine
Yo La Tengo
Jónsi
Spoon
Pavement
Atoms For Peace
Gorillaz

It was the best weekend of my life.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I went to Coachella and saw these bands,

P.O.S.
Deer Tick
The Avett Brothers
She & Him
The Specials
Them Crooked Vultures
Echo & The Bunnymen
LCD Soundsystem
Vampire Weekend
Jay-Z
Fever Ray
Girls
White Rabbits
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
The xx
Hot Chip
MGMT
The Dead Weather
Devo
The Soft Pack
King Khan & The Shrines
Deerhunter
De La Soul
Matt & Kim
Florence + The Machine
Yo La Tengo
Jónsi
Spoon
Pavement
Atoms For Peace
Gorillaz

It was the best weekend of my life.[/QUOTE]

God damn.

I can't wait to see Pavement at Pitchfork in July.

[quote name='siderealshift']God damn.

I can't wait to see Pavement at Pitchfork in July.[/QUOTE]

It was really good. I'm thinking about taking a road trip in September to see them in either Vegas or Colorado. (hopefully Vegas because Sonic Youth will be with them.)

-----

Saw Yeasayer/Sleigh Bells last night.

I just got back from the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival.

fucking 13 straight hours of metal; I went insane during Cannibal Corpse's set, headbanging like a mofo to Hammer Smashed Face.

[quote name='lolwut?']I just got back from the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival.

fucking 13 straight hours of metal; I went insane during Cannibal Corpse's set, headbanging like a mofo to Hammer Smashed Face.[/QUOTE]
I'm so jealous! :applause:

[quote name='Azumangaman']
I'm seeing Simon and Garfunkel May 12th, can't wait.[/QUOTE]

And once again, as I did on Facebook, I point at you and laugh. :p

lolz

not sure if I should go see Dweezil Zappa...
Steel Pulse is another show I always skip when they come around here,
and also THE NUGE is coming. WTF?!

[quote name='Matt Young']And once again, as I did on Facebook, I point at you and laugh. :p[/QUOTE]
You are a horrible person. I am so not being your bridge over troubled water.

I didn't even know Simon and Garfunkle toured together...

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I'm so jealous! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Haha, dude have you seen them before? They came on at like 12:15 and rocked that shit until 1:20ish. I went from being sore, tired, and in an all-around shitty state to feeling like I just got there. It was the first time I ever headbanged in public; doing the "windmill" and shit. I'm not even that big a fan of their stuff, but I was into almost every track they played.

To be honest though, most of the earlier bands it was a chore to sit through; even Whitechapel, who I was most excited to see, didn't have such a great set; whoever was running the soundboard was on a mission to make everyone go deaf, and the music was set too high above the vocals. CC didn't have that problem though :cool:

[quote name='lolwut?']Haha, dude have you seen them before? They came on at like 12:15 and rocked that shit until 1:20ish. I went from being sore, tired, and in an all-around shitty state to feeling like I just got there. It was the first time I ever headbanged in public; doing the "windmill" and shit. I'm not even that big a fan of their stuff, but I was into almost every track they played.

To be honest though, most of the earlier bands it was a chore to sit through; even Whitechapel, who I was most excited to see, didn't have such a great set; whoever was running the soundboard was on a mission to make everyone go deaf, and the music was set too high above the vocals. CC didn't have that problem though :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yes I have seen Cannibal Corpse a couple times. I have never got to experience the NEMHF though.

The last concert I seen was Emilie Autumn at the Logan Square auditorium in Chicago 11/06/09. Emilie Autumn and the Bloody Crumpets were amazing especially the pirate captain Miss Maggots.

bread's done
Back